PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else bothered by frequent huge grammatical or spelling errors?

Megazork
08-21-2014, 12:01 AM
I don't know why, it's just it makes me want to flip a table and set it on fire. I understand if you are not very good with English, but if you are old enough to use technology to go on a public forums like this and talk to people, you should be familiar with something called autocorrect or spellcheck. I'm not even kidding, some people try to type something like "Hello" and they type something that looks like they slammed their face in their keyboards a couple times. I mean, you can edit your post. That red jig jaggedly line on the bottom of the word is speaking to your soul. Please, save a Megazork today.

--edit--

Oh also, I'm not calling anybody out specifically.

alias
08-21-2014, 12:03 AM
wel i dont lik mistaks eethur butt itz noot somthingg we can stahp naow becuz i dony now

Megazork
08-21-2014, 12:06 AM
wel i dont lik mistaks eethur butt itz noot somthingg we can stahp naow becuz i dony now

Liek I dun undersutand. Hows cans peepuls be so ignorants to der riting? Nawt so hards.

Seriously talking, it's actually pretty easy. This is also coming from a person who first language was not English.

Disaster
08-21-2014, 12:11 AM
I don't know why, it's just it makes me want to flip a table and set it on fire. I understand if you are not very good with English, but if you are old enough to use technology to go on a public forums like this and talk to people, you should be familiar with something called autocorrect or spellcheck. I'm not even kidding, some people try to type something like "Hello" and they type something that looks like they slammed their face in their keyboards a couple times. I mean, you can edit your post. That red jig jaggedly line on the bottom of the word is speaking to your soul. Please, save a Megazork today.

--edit--

Are you talking to me specifically?

Sheth
08-21-2014, 12:27 AM

I'm probably guilty of making grammatical errors here and there but I feel you, engrish isn't mai furst lengwege eyther.

Megazork
08-21-2014, 12:30 AM
Are you talking to me specifically?

Um not really... but it could apply to you in some situations. Like I said in my edit

not pointing anybody out specifically

- - - Updated - - -

I Am, But At Certain Times Only. It Doesn't Want To Make Me Set A Table On Fire Though....:ninja:

Nah it's just one of those things that drive me nuts. I don't have any malice against that person, it's just I enjoy seeing a nice, typed/written, statement( post or whatever that deals with writing in the English language ) with the nice flow of the words and such.

Master
08-21-2014, 01:18 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmm... Put it in your sig.

Spotlight
08-21-2014, 01:21 AM
I no rite? Its so stupid too see pepel mis pell and make grammar misteaks

User1234
08-21-2014, 01:54 AM
I'm only in favor of this thread due to my crazy perfectionist personality. I really don't mind incorrect or improper grammar/spelling, as long as I know that they tried their best. Notice I said tried, as in actual effort.

Also, to Megazork, English is also not my first language. I only came to America like 5 years ago, so I guess we're in the same boat.

Master
08-21-2014, 02:05 AM
I'm only in favor of this thread due to my crazy perfectionist personality. I really don't mind incorrect or improper grammar/spelling, as long as I know that they tried their best. Notice I said tried, as in actual effort.

Also, to Megazork, English is also not my first language. I only came to America like 5 years ago, so I guess we're in the same boat.

Jedi you are.

User1234
08-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Jedi you are.

I have no idea what you're referring me to, but ok?

Dodo Wizard
08-21-2014, 02:52 AM
I'm a grammar nazi. That answer your question? (And no, I don't know any Spelling Hitlers.)

EnderandMoe
08-21-2014, 03:02 AM

--edit--

It really bothers me when people spell things incorrectly, or don't use proper punctuation or grammar, but it's difficult to point it out without making anyone cross about it or making them think I'm just a normal grammar nerd.. I also have a hate for short forms, like lol or brb, but I tend to have a habit for using them myself.. :sweatdrop: But, this is a really (not to be rude,) disfunctional generation, so I guess it is easy to use improper grammar without a care if it's easy to disobey law and rules or be harsh to other people..

PotatoMarco
08-21-2014, 05:30 AM
I don't really care much about their grammar, but what pisses me off is when somebody corrects someone else's grammar/spelling while they themselves can't do it properly.

Dark_Heat
08-21-2014, 08:30 AM
I just get REAAALLYY annoyed when People Talk Like This, It Annoys Me So Much, Please God, Save Me, Mercy, Mercy, Mercy.

Capital letters are for titles, start of sentences, etc. Not every word.