PDA

View Full Version : Anime

syrup
08-22-2014, 02:34 AM
I've had hard thoughts about this, of couple of people really like this stuff, so what am I missing out on?

I know a little bit about anime, like basic genres, and the demographics for anime, like for children or young adults, so I wanna hear what you have to say.

Should I watch anime? Are there any good ones you would recommend? If so what are they about, also I know a majority of people like anime here, so try not to be too bias like, "Anime is good because it's anime, now watch it or I won't ever talk to you again. Ever."

Megazork
08-22-2014, 02:38 AM
I've had hard thoughts about this, of couple of people really like this stuff, so what am I missing out on?

I know a little bit about anime, like basic genres, and the demographics for anime, like for children or young adults, so I wanna hear what you have to say.

Should I watch anime? Are there any good ones you would recommend? If so what are they about, also I know a majority of people like anime here, so try not to be too bias like, "Anime is good because it's anime, now watch it or I won't ever talk to you again. Ever."

It's basically like any other animation but it depends on what kind of anime you watch that puts you in your happy place. I just enjoy hearing the characters speaking Japanese, because it sounds exotic. The overly exaggerated elements is what makes anime anime. It's just that sense of humor and that cuteness that comes off of it. Like for example, waterfall tears or the instant reddening of their faces when something awkward comes up. There are many types of animes. Just find ones that suit you.

syrup
08-22-2014, 02:43 AM
It's basically like any other animation but it depends on what kind of anime you watch that puts you in your happy place. I just enjoy hearing the characters speaking Japanese, because it sounds exotic. The overly exaggerated elements is what makes anime anime. It's just that sense of humor and that cuteness that comes off of it. Like for example, waterfall tears or the instant reddening of their faces when something awkward comes up. There are many types of animes. Just find ones that suit you.

You know what.

*pretends to shutdown thread even though they can't do that wow wat a nub lol seth pls ban nub*

I found my answer.

BioTestificate
08-22-2014, 08:44 AM
I recommend Tokyo Ghoul. It has censored (the downside for me) gross stuff(i.e livers) and dramatic stuff...

Master
08-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Mmmmmmm... Used to watch Ben 10 I did. Anime that is... Never knew I did.

Boomer
08-22-2014, 12:58 PM
You're not missing out on anything.

- - - Updated - - -

the instant reddening of their faces when something awkward comes up.

Like the pink haired girl in your signature? Looks more like a bad case of road rash to me xD

User1234
08-22-2014, 03:36 PM

It all comes down to personal preference. I, for one, enjoy all genres of animes. It's actually pretty hard to suggest an anime, seeing as how they're all worth recommending. Well, if you enjoy action/adventure animes, then I'd suggest HunterxHunter. I got into it several days ago, and I'm currently on the 50's or so. Just so you know, the anime portrays a lot of violent and gory scenes, so watch out for that. If you prefer romance(!), try Nisekoi. These are pretty much my two main genres when it comes to animes, though it doesn't really matter what I watch, as long as the content is suitable for me.

These are just my personal favorites, you can watch and see for yourself. I'm sure many others here have better suggestions than I do.

Do I also need to mention the mainstream animes? You know, the typical Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece, etc.

Brys
08-22-2014, 04:03 PM

I enjoy Hunter x Hunter, Is it possible if you watch anime too much you will learn Japenese?

Dakukene
08-22-2014, 04:06 PM
I enjoy Hunter x Hunter, Is it possible if you watch anime too much you will learn Japenese?

Ofc you can! :3

Spotlight
08-22-2014, 07:41 PM

Yes, yes, and yes.

PURPLE585
08-22-2014, 08:44 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOuGh33A8M

Megazork
08-22-2014, 09:41 PM

Lmao....it's too good to be true.

Spotlight
08-22-2014, 09:47 PM

That Japanese art style tho!

LilChamo
08-22-2014, 09:51 PM
That Japanese art style tho!

How about chinese o3o Is there chinese anime?

Megazork
08-22-2014, 09:58 PM
How about chinese o3o Is there chinese anime?

I don't think so. Anyways, Chinese sounds awkward spoken.

LilChamo
08-22-2014, 10:11 PM
I don't think so. Anyways, Chinese sounds awkward spoken.

Lol. Troo Dat. I Azkd Bcuz Im Chinese ;3