PDA

View Full Version : Graphics problem w/ Dink

07-13-2002, 10:04 PM
I recently downloaded DinkSmallwood. The game installed, loaded up and started running fine, but about 5 min. into play almost everything on screen goes semi-transparent. The only things left solid are the bottom half of buildings and a few rocks and the backround. Is there anything I can do to correct this? have already installed v1.07 patch and tried turning down acceleration, no effect.
Have winME system w/ 1gig athalon, creative live 5.1 soundcard & ATI Radeon 7200 vivo display card w/ newest (catalyst 7.72) driver.
any help would be appreciated. would like to play game but can't very well as is.

07-14-2002, 02:29 PM
Oh my god. How many other communities have you asked this question! You've already asked places like the Dink Network, and I'm pretty sure your question was answered there ;)

07-14-2002, 10:14 PM
I only posted on this one because redink1 on dinknetwork suggested I should. He couldn't answer my question and noone else has tried. Actually I kind of solved it myself. I turned off directdraw acceleration and now it seems to work fine.(dink goes really, really fast now). Must be a directx problem. Have newest 8.1b installed. Might be a bug to check out. http://www.rtsoft.com/ib3/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif