PDA

View Full Version : Android users ONLY!

Telman
08-30-2014, 02:46 AM
If you are rooted, may I know which type of method did you use? I'm thinking of rooting my android device with the towel root method. Please tell me if it was safe for you to root, and how to correctly use root without harming your device. Thank you!

lsaac2
08-30-2014, 02:48 AM
There's like a different program for rooting for each device, I just went for it and rooted mine. I'm fine now.

Applez
08-30-2014, 02:49 AM
Android users only? IOS users could know this stuff... :whistling:

Telman
08-30-2014, 02:56 AM
Android users only? IOS users could know this stuff... :whistling:

Ya, but they didn't root their device. I want to know what happend from personal experience.

- - - Updated - - -

There's like a different program for rooting for each device, I just went for it and rooted mine. I'm fine now.

How long have you had root for?

HerobrineFan
08-30-2014, 03:12 AM
IOS members attack,

Btw we IOS-ers use Jailbreak

Telman
08-30-2014, 03:18 AM
IOS members attack,

Btw we IOS-ers use Jailbreak

I know. Are you jailbroken though?

HerobrineFan
08-30-2014, 03:19 AM
I know. Are you jailbroken though?

Uh no..

Also I heard in Jailbreak you might get Bricked (Forever Loading Screen unless you find how to fix it)This might happen with Rooting too I think..

lsaac2
08-30-2014, 03:21 AM
Uh no..

Also I heard in Jailbreak you might get Bricked (Forever Loading Screen unless you find how to fix it)This might happen with Rooting too I think..

That's so easy to fix.

I have 2 Jailbroken IOS devices, An Ipad that's not jailbroken, A rooted android, and I'm getting more for Christmas. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

InstaRabbit
08-30-2014, 05:04 AM
I used recovery menu in my Samsung Galaxy Ace to apply root (downloaded root file)

for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 I used a root installer

awesome2505
08-30-2014, 05:11 AM
If you are rooted, may I know which type of method did you use? I'm thinking of rooting my android device with the towel root method. Please tell me if it was safe for you to root, and how to correctly use root without harming your device. Thank you!

I have both Android and iOS Devices which are rooted and jailbroken respectively. Rooting processes differ with every device. Towel Root Method involves installing an application that changes your kernel(I guess, that is what it is.). I don't recommend that method. The manual method, which involves using the ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is very hard and strenuous job. If you can give me more information about your device, I might be able to help! :)

P.S. Rooting and jailbreaking does make your device lag sometimes, as we can run more processes than the recommended amount, it shouldn't be a problem unless you wanna overclock your device! :)

Telman
08-30-2014, 05:39 AM
I have both Android and iOS Devices which are rooted and jailbroken respectively. Rooting processes differ with every device. Towel Root Method involves installing an application that changes your kernel(I guess, that is what it is.). I don't recommend that method. The manual method, which involves using the ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is very hard and strenuous job. If you can give me more information about your device, I might be able to help! :)

P.S. Rooting and jailbreaking does make your device lag sometimes, as we can run more processes than the recommended amount, it shouldn't be a problem unless you wanna overclock your device! :)

I use a Nexus 7(2013). Basically!y, the second one. As from what I see, Towel Root has been efficient with many android users, so I'm kinda confused.

awesome2505
08-30-2014, 05:45 AM
I use a Nexus 7(2013). Basically!y, the second one. As from what I see, Towel Root has been efficient with many android users, so I'm kinda confused.

Oh.. I have the 2012 model! I don't know why, I didn't work with mine. So I used this instead.. >Wug's Nexus Rootkit link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2389107).

Try out the towel method first, It might work or you. I guess It didn't work for me due to regional settings/preferences. If that didn't work, use the one in my link instead!

Just to let you know..Nexus series of devices are very easy to root!

Telman
08-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Oh.. I have the 2012 model! I don't know why, I didn't work with mine. So I used this instead.. >Wug's Nexus Rootkit link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2389107).

Try out the towel method first, It might work or you. I guess It didn't work for me due to regional settings/preferences. If that didn't work, use the one in my link instead!

Just to let you know..Nexus series of devices are very easy to root!

Oh, it was said that it only worked on the second gen.

MrExeez
08-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Use Framaroot its pretty safely i done mine with PC and now it has like million virus so just use framaroot.__.:ninja:

xKRYEAMx
08-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Use z4root. :crazy:

So faster than these broken apps.

Telman
08-30-2014, 10:45 PM
Use z4root. :crazy:

So faster than these broken apps.

Did you use z4root?

Telman
08-30-2014, 11:47 PM

how long have you had a rooted device for?