PDA

View Full Version : Fun and challenging brain teasers. [Excersize your mind]

SuperJ
09-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Hai guys. So I have a collection of brain teasers here for you to figure out! Can you find all the right answers? :hat:

If it takes six men one hour to dig six holes, how long does it take one man to dig half a hole?
Hint: Is there even a such thing as "half a hole?"

Two men play five complete games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. How?
Hint: The players are not the only ones.

If 3 peacocks lay 5 eggs in 8 days, how many peacocks will lay 29 eggs in 76 days?
Hint: Think about it. Do peacocks hatch in eggs?

You walk across a bridge and you see a boat full of people yet there isn't a single person on board. How is that possible?
Hint: They aren't single.

How many apples can you fit into an empty box?
Hint: Look at the word "empty" carefully.

Now, let's do some math brain teasers6.
Lilly has 15 pop can tabs all together they equal $30. She dropped one and lost 2. But she has $26. Explain.
Hint: She DROPPED 2. Did she really loose them?

7.Which is correct: Seven and five is thirteen or Seven and five are thirteen?
Hint: What does 7 + 5 equal?

8.This riddle must be done IN YOUR HEAD and NOT using paper and pen or a calculator. Try it!

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000 to it.
Now add 30. And another 1000.
Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10.

What is the total?

Hint: Did you get 5000? Well it's wrong!

Bonus question.

If every single growtopian player got 201 dirts, how many of them would they have in total?

No hints on that!

Sally1890
09-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Hai guys. So I have a collection of brain teasers here for you to figure out! Can you find all the right answers? :hat:

If it takes six men one hour to dig six holes, how long does it take one man to dig half a hole?

Two men play five complete games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. How?

If 3 peacocks lay 5 eggs in 8 days, how many peacocks will lay 29 eggs in 76 days?

You walk across a bridge and you see a boat full of people yet there isn't a single person on board. How is that possible?

Lilly has 15 pop can tabs all together they equal $30. She dropped one and lost 2. But she has $26. Explain.

8.This riddle must be done IN YOUR HEAD and NOT using paper and pen or a calculator. Try it!

What is the total?

Bonus question.

If every single growtopian player got 201 dirts, how many of them would they have in total?

No hints on that!

I'm just going to answer the ones I think are correct. The #s that are blank means Idk what that answer is. Here we go :crazy::

4. It's couples not single. There are couples and none of them are a loner.

6. She technically dropped one pop can tab but she picked it up. The other 2 she lost them and couldn't find them. So each tab is $2 which means she lost 2 so 2x2=4 so she only lost $4 and the other tab she got back.

8. Uhmm..Difficult but is it...100040100030100020100010? LOL :rolleyes:

Pikasack
09-15-2014, 12:21 AM
1. 60 divided by 6 is 10 and 10 divided by 2 is 5.
It would take him 5 minutes.

SuperJ
09-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Bump! Sally got 4 right! Keep trying!

Jack Bowe
09-15-2014, 01:13 AM

What is the total?

Bonus question.

No hints on that!

1) You said it yourself, there really is no such thing as half a hole.
2) They played 5 games of checkers EACH and didn't go against each other.
3) Peacocks don't lay eggs, like you said. Their female counterpart, peahens do. (Yes, I researched if peacocks we're a gender specific animal, I learned something today!)
4) They're couples.
5) None, or it wouldn't be empty. Or, if not, I guess you could say one, then it wouldn't be empty anymore.
6) Well, she lost 2, but dropped one. 30 divided by 15 = 2$, she lost 2, which makes it 26$. The one she "dropped" she didn't lose.
7) Seven and five are people, and they're 13 years old, but then I thought: He's doing math. So I thought again, and then I realised something (facepalms), none of them are right, because 7+5=12.
8) 4,100. I honestly don't know where people would get 5,000 from...

Bonus: 201, you never said the whole communities in total, and if they all got 201, well, they'd have 201. Or, you could say "dirts" doesn't exist. :whistling:

Not sure if these are right, but they we're actually really fun.

SuperJ
09-15-2014, 03:00 AM
1) You said it yourself, there really is no such thing as half a hole.
2) They played 5 games of checkers EACH and didn't go against each other.
3) Peacocks don't lay eggs, like you said. Their female counterpart, peahens do. (Yes, I researched if peacocks we're a gender specific animal, I learned something today!)
4) They're couples.
5) None, or it wouldn't be empty. Or, if not, I guess you could say one, then it wouldn't be empty anymore.
6) Well, she lost 2, but dropped one. 30 divided by 15 = 2$, she lost 2, which makes it 26$. The one she "dropped" she didn't lose.
7) Seven and five are people, and they're 13 years old, but then I thought: He's doing math. So I thought again, and then I realised something (facepalms), none of them are right, because 7+5=12.
8) 4,100. I honestly don't know where people would get 5,000 from...

Bonus: 201, you never said the whole communities in total, and if they all got 201, well, they'd have 201. Or, you could say "dirts" doesn't exist. :whistling:

Not sure if these are right, but they we're actually really fun.Wow good job! You got most of them right!

ArmzOfficial
09-15-2014, 03:22 AM

Hint: They aren't single.: It's because They're all married.

Hint: Look at the word "empty" carefully.: 5?

What is the total?

Hint: Did you get 5000? Well it's wrong! 3060

Bonus question.

If every single growtopian player got 201 dirts, how many of them would they have in total?: idkddd

No hints on that!

IN DEH QUOTE!

PotatoMarco
09-15-2014, 09:03 AM

What is the total?

Bonus question.

No hints on that!

Some of the hints were actually the answer
1. Actually, it is possible to dig half a hole, provided there is a relative hole.
2. They play with other people too.
3. It depends. The three original peacocks can die anytime in that 76 days, or maybe the owner would add more peacocks.
4. They are all married.
5. None, because if you would put an apple, it wont be empty anymore.
6. Someone was sad for her and gave her 2 dollars.
7. Seven and Five are thirteen. It probably means that they are thirteen years old.
EDIT: Woops. I misread it. I thought it said "If you didn't get 500 then you're wrong!".
bonus: If they had 201 dirt in their bags, they would be autobanned.

Sheth
09-15-2014, 09:33 AM

One does not simply dig "Half a hole".

Weren't playing against one another.

Peahen's lay eggs, peacocks don't. (Google is awesome)

Hint: They aren't single..

1 since if you put another, the box won't be empty anymore.

She picked it up after she dropped it so the money she dropped was still counted.

Neither. If you're talking about which one is more grammatically correct, then the second one.

What is the total?

4100. I've done this one before XD

Bonus question.

No hints on that!

Every single Growtopian got 201 dirts so everyone would have 201 in total. Nice play on words.

In the quote :3