PDA

View Full Version : A little problem with SSBB on my wii, I think I know the problem but idk how to fix

Megazork
09-14-2014, 11:31 PM
So apparently my wii is pretty old and the lens are pretty dirty.

I borrowed a SSBB disk from my cousin and I know the problem isn't the disk since I literally played it on their wii earlier. So I asked and they said Brawl is a duel layered disk which dirty lenses have trouble picking up and reading.

How can I fix it?

King902
09-14-2014, 11:38 PM
So apparently my wii is pretty old and the lens are pretty dirty.

I borrowed a SSBB disk from my cousin and I know the problem isn't the disk since I literally played it on their wii earlier. So I asked and they said Brawl is a duel layered disk which dirty lenses have trouble picking up and reading.

How can I fix it?

Take your wii to a near by Gamestop if there is one. If not then repair it from some place else. They will only charge a bit and they will most likely fix your dirty lenses. If you try fixing it yourself there are small precautions and a few risks. But it shouldn't be too hard, i heard you have to open your wii from the inside and play around with it a bit.(Easiest Solution:Get some store to clean it)

Megazork
09-14-2014, 11:39 PM
Take your wii to a near by Gamestop if there is one. If not then repair it from some place else. They will only charge a bit and they will most likely fix your dirty lenses. If you try fixing it yourself there are small precautions and a few risks. But it shouldn't be too hard, i heard you have to open your wii from the inside and play around with it a bit.

That's what I thought. Well I don't want to exploded anything but I'm far to busy to get my Wii fixed, I'll probably ask my brother when he's not busy with work

IAmABrodie
09-14-2014, 11:41 PM
I found this on youtube-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX_29G6DZQE

Not sure if it works, be he describes the problem the same way you did, and theoretically this should work.

Areodax
09-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Looks like it needed some....
(Snaps on surgery gloves)

Dismantling.

(Evil laugh with lightning in the background)

But I often take my repairables to my guy. He's quite smart at repairing stuff.

Megazork
09-14-2014, 11:44 PM
I found this on youtube-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX_29G6DZQE

Not sure if it works, be he describes the problem the same way you did, and theoretically this should work.

You see I want to try that, but after reading the comments, I get doubts and worst case scenario thoughts

Applez
09-14-2014, 11:44 PM
Blow on it

Mrs.TommoSwag
09-14-2014, 11:47 PM
You see I want to try that, but after reading the comments, I get doubts and worst case scenario thoughts

Worse case scenario #100
Your Wii somehow ends up getting cooked in the oven.

Megazork
09-14-2014, 11:49 PM
I just saw that Wii lens cleaning kits are like 25 bucks. That's going to be a hassle with my parents and I rather not go through that.

Doing the self cleaning method could give my Wii problems and I don't want to risk it.

How much does it cost to have a guy at a gamestop or something fix it?

syrup
09-15-2014, 12:13 AM
A wet cloth with vinegar should do it, but if you want to be safe than sorry, then get someone else to do it.

optimuswhat
09-15-2014, 02:03 AM
I tried to clean my Wii lens.

I got my foot stuck in the the freezer. Whoops!

King902
09-15-2014, 02:05 AM
I just saw that Wii lens cleaning kits are like 25 bucks. That's going to be a hassle with my parents and I rather not go through that.

Doing the self cleaning method could give my Wii problems and I don't want to risk it.

How much does it cost to have a guy at a gamestop or something fix it?

Depends on where you live, condition of wii, greediness, and well just how bad it is. I got mine cleaned a while back for like 10 bucks.