PDA

View Full Version : RTsoft Forums Suggestion: Name changing on forums.

Warp Rat
09-23-2014, 01:50 AM
This is the only thing I hate about the forums. I screwed up on my name when I first started and i've used at least 3 Birth Cert's.

You can make it the same as changing your password.

Please add this.

Kawonz
09-23-2014, 02:32 AM
I agree too,but it might get confusing by trying to see who is who.

This is the only thing I hate about the forums. I screwed up on my name when I first started and i've used at least 3 Birth Cert's.

You can make it the same as changing your password.

Please add this.

It would be a great idea for people with pure intentions, but what if a forumer who caused immense drama and has few posts changed his/her name? We wouldn't know who it was, and, well, you know the rest.
Also, how are going to get it? Will the forums have some type of currency? That will just mess up the forums completely.

MrSword48
09-23-2014, 01:54 PM
You are able to change names here IF you have a really good reason. And "Because I don't have the same forum name and IGN" isn't considered good enough.

Either way, contact forum moderators/ admins for more info. I've e-mailed them once and they replied with a no.

You are able to change names here IF you have a really good reason. And "Because I don't have the same forum name and IGN" isn't considered good enough.

Either way, contact forum moderators/ admins for more info. I've e-mailed them once and they replied with a no.

Exactly. My IGN in Growtopia is NOT the same as my Forum name, but I'm not worried about that.

By the way, wasn't DevinS' name changed to DevinIdiot or something like that? I heard he e-mailed Seth and he actually did change his name.

MrSword48
09-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Exactly. My IGN in Growtopia is NOT the same as my Forum name, but I'm not worried about that.

By the way, wasn't DevinS' name changed to DevinIdiot or something like that? I heard he e-mailed Seth and he actually did change his name.

I think they made exceptions before.

I think they made exceptions before.

In that case I guess there are more forumers who's names have been changed. I wonder what that would be like.

MrSword48
09-23-2014, 02:05 PM
In that case I guess there are more forumers who's names have been changed. I wonder what that would be like.

The only ones I remember was Equine and DevinS.

If we were have the power to change names here, madness will happen.

The only ones I remember was Equine and DevinS.

If we were have the power to change names here, madness will happen.

Of course. I guess they made it impossible to change names because of the incredibly large amount of people joining the forums due to Growtopia. Otherwise, the forums would just be a place for Anonymous users (in fact, people could use the forums without making an account, with the power to post. I've always wondered why that was changed).

Equine
09-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Nope, it'd be WAY abused, and on to what people above said; I know the only ones who have had a name change would be me and Devin, and for valid reasons.

Devin had people calling him an idiot repeatedly, and I had false racists comments fired at me.
Just because you have a different name between forums and ingame, you can't get a name change. Seth had said so previously.

Applez
09-23-2014, 08:49 PM
10 million woks ._. Please, no