PDA

View Full Version : Youtuber questions.

Magicalfishy
09-25-2014, 01:02 AM
I have been thinking lately how fun it would be to make an active youtube channel. I've been somewhat preparing, but I' new to this so I'm going to need some help!

So far I've got:

iPad screen recorder
GoPro HERO 3+ (buying ASAP)
Aver Live Gamer capture card (buying ASAP)

Questions:

I am looking for amazing quality headphones with an amazing mic, although I'd prefer a better mic than sound quality... Is there a pair that has the best of both worlds? What would you recommend?

Do you know anyone who can make some sick channel art?

I want to make videos on 3DS games, Growtopia, irl stuffs, and in the future console and PC gaming. But I want to make my channel unique and something that keeps people coming back for more. I'd love to hear that people enjoy my videos. Any suggestions?

What should I say on mic? I do admit I'm a bit nervous, but I'll get over it. What if I run out of things to say or I mess up?

What can I do to boost confidence?

I'd prefer to stay independent than to partner at least for now, have any suggestions about this?

Do you know anyone that can make channel music?

Any other suggestions?

Now I know, I need to be myself and just have fun, don't worry I would love to be as genuine as I can.

optimuswhat
09-25-2014, 01:09 AM
I noticed that you want to do some 3DS recording, and PC recording.
For 3DS recording, you need this: http://3dscapture.com/

For PC recording, I highly recommend Bandicam. It's like Fraps, but the quality is a teeny bit worse, but the file size is much smaller. Of course, if you have lots of disk space, go for Fraps! For PC editing, I'd of course, recommend Sony Vegas.
Please don't ask me for a cheaper alternative to Sony Vegas. I don't know any! >.<

By the way, please record Growtopia on your PC if possible. It's quite annoying having to see those left/right arrows, and jump button obstructing the screen. Plus, editing will be much easier.

Magicalfishy
09-25-2014, 01:17 PM
I noticed that you want to do some 3DS recording, and PC recording.
For 3DS recording, you need this: http://3dscapture.com/

For PC recording, I highly recommend Bandicam. It's like Fraps, but the quality is a teeny bit worse, but the file size is much smaller. Of course, if you have lots of disk space, go for Fraps! For PC editing, I'd of course, recommend Sony Vegas.
Please don't ask me for a cheaper alternative to Sony Vegas. I don't know any! >.<

By the way, please record Growtopia on your PC if possible. It's quite annoying having to see those left/right arrows, and jump button obstructing the screen. Plus, editing will be much easier.

Thanks. :)

The thing is I wasn't planning on using my PC right away though, gonna have to work with that.

Boomer
09-25-2014, 02:30 PM
I also suggest you might want to add funny annotation bubbles. Don't make them annoying, but say a large creature is running by, say something like "No, please don't squish me ;_;" And if he does, say something like "EW! When was the last time you washed your feet!?"

I saw an online Mario Kart Wii series that had them, and it made the videos 100x better.

Magicalfishy
09-26-2014, 01:31 AM
I also suggest you might want to add funny annotation bubbles. Don't make them annoying, but say a large creature is running by, say something like "No, please don't squish me ;_;" And if he does, say something like "EW! When was the last time you washed your feet!?"

I saw an online Mario Kart Wii series that had them, and it made the videos 100x better.

Thanks for the tips, will use those. Anyways... I need ideas for a name too!

Magicalfishy
09-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Just a friendly bump, need some more questions answered! :o

Applez
09-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Boost confidence?

Eat an apple

Magicalfishy
10-03-2014, 12:21 AM
I've been thinking Nova something... Trying to think about things I like.

DeathbyDeathGaming
10-03-2014, 12:27 AM
I have been thinking lately how fun it would be to make an active youtube channel. I've been somewhat preparing, but I' new to this so I'm going to need some help!

So far I've got:

iPad screen recorder
GoPro HERO 3+ (buying ASAP)

Questions:

I am looking for amazing quality headphones with an amazing mic, although I'd prefer a better mic than sound quality... Is there a pair that has the best of both worlds? What would you recommend?

Do you know anyone who can make some sick channel art?

I want to make videos on 3DS games, Growtopia, irl stuffs, and in the future console and PC gaming. But I want to make my channel unique and something that keeps people coming back for more. I'd love to hear that people enjoy my videos. Any suggestions?

What should I say on mic? I do admit I'm a bit nervous, but I'll get over it. What if I run out of things to say or I mess up?

What can I do to boost confidence?

I'd prefer to stay independent than to partner at least for now, have any suggestions about this?

Do you know anyone that can make channel music?

Any other suggestions?

Now I know, I need to be myself and just have fun, don't worry I would love to be as genuine as I can.

hey so youre new to youtube wheres what i suggest
ipad recorder go toemu4ios.com and install his app for iRec. for your lack of confidence skype some friends or what not i dont suggest a script tho unless you like prerecorded it. channel music i do like things that are not copyrighted (bands that dont have a record deaL) but you do choose a band that has a record deal make sure you include that bands name somewhere in the video. channel art is really easy to do really. i use something call picmonkey. not that great but does the job for beginners. for a mic use an ipod head set (make sure i has a mic). one thing i hate is the people dont have any commentary so i highly suggest that. try add in something crazy once you hit 50 subs ect ect. i hope this helped you and Good luck!!!

Magicalfishy
10-04-2014, 05:52 PM
hey so youre new to youtube wheres what i suggest
ipad recorder go toemu4ios.com and install his app for iRec. for your lack of confidence skype some friends or what not i dont suggest a script tho unless you like prerecorded it. channel music i do like things that are not copyrighted (bands that dont have a record deaL) but you do choose a band that has a record deal make sure you include that bands name somewhere in the video. channel art is really easy to do really. i use something call picmonkey. not that great but does the job for beginners. for a mic use an ipod head set (make sure i has a mic). one thing i hate is the people dont have any commentary so i highly suggest that. try add in something crazy once you hit 50 subs ect ect. i hope this helped you and Good luck!!!

Thanks for the help, I'm gonna get a capture card by the way.