PDA

View Full Version : I have a very serious question

Video Gamer
10-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Hello there, fellow forumers. I have been playing Growtopia anonymously for quite a while, lurking the forums as a guest account but the time has come for me to make myself be known. I have an IGN, obviously, but I don't want any fellow forumers accompanying me on my perilous journey in the land of Growtopia. I have gotten carrie away as this thread wasn't intended to be my introduction, alas, it has somewhat turned into one. Shall I start a new paragraph asking this very serous question I have?

My very serious question is; is it normal to have a crush on video game characters? I have googled this question plenty of times but to find no helpful answers. I will not tell you whether I am a basement dweller or a filthy rich man or if I'm fat and ugly or skinny and handsome. I will not let you know if I'm forever alone, have a girlfriend or even if I'm married as none of that is your concern. I just need to know if having a crush on a video game character is healthy. I need nothing more and nothing less than serious answers.

Mahmoud
10-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the RTsoft forums enjoy your stay!

P.S please read every sticky to know the rules of the forums and where to post your thread
P.S 2 Wrong sub forums

Video Gamer
10-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the RTsoft forums enjoy your stay!

P.S please read every sticky to know the rules of the forums and where to post your thread
P.S 2 Wrong sub forums

Thank you for your welcoming with open arms, but if you don't mind my asking, how is this 2 wrong sub forums?

Luminesce
10-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Welcome! :)

When you talk about having " a crush on a video game character". Would that mean, just a video game character by themselves, or more like an online type character, where there is someone behind the character?

Mahmoud
10-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Thank you for your welcoming with open arms, but if you don't mind my asking, how is this 2 wrong sub forums?

if you are new and posting your first post like this about GT or anything don't post here...

post it in Growtopia forums there is many types of Growtopia forums

-Growtopia General Chat- Post here anything but it must be related to Growtopia
-Growtopia World Showcase and Collaboration Requests- Here you can advertise your world
-Introductions/ Farewells/ Drama- Here you can introduce or post your last thread about you leaving or post anything that have drama
-Growtopia Suggestions and Ideas- Here you can post your ideas about an new item,Pack,Etc
-Growtopia Marketplace- Here you can make threads about any item that you are selling
-Contests, Competitions and Giveaways- Here you can make any contest with any prize or join them
-Fan Arts,Movies and stories- Here you can post any fan art you made or stories or nominate any video for a votw
-Growtopia Bug Reports and Problems- Here you can make thread about any bug or problems
-Growtopia Korea- This Forum is for people that can speak Koreans

You can see them all Link>>> http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?31-Growtopia

Video Gamer
10-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Welcome! :)

When you talk about having " a crush on a video game character". Would that mean, just a video game character by themselves, or more like an online type character, where there is someone behind the character?
I should've expanded on that a little more than what I did but you were right he first time, I meant a video game character in general, not the person behind the computer screen in MMO games. I'm sorry for being hazy with the details.

if you are new and posting your first post like this about GT or anything don't post here...

post it in Growtopia forums there is many types of Growtopia forums

-Growtopia General Chat- Post here anything but it must be related to Growtopia
-Growtopia World Showcase and Collaboration Requests- Here you can advertise your world
-Introductions/ Farewells/ Drama- Here you can introduce or post your last thread about you leaving or post anything that have drama
-Growtopia Suggestions and Ideas- Here you can post your ideas about an new item,Pack,Etc
-Growtopia Marketplace- Here you can make threads about any item that you are selling
-Contests, Competitions and Giveaways- Here you can make any contest with any prize or join them
-Fan Arts,Movies and stories- Here you can post any fan art you made or stories or nominate any video for a votw
-Growtopia Bug Reports and Problems- Here you can make thread about any bug or problems
-Growtopia Korea- This Forum is for people that can speak Koreans

You can see them all Link>>> http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?31-Growtopia

With all due respect sir, this post has nothing to do with Growtopia, except for that paragraph where I introduced myself, although I didn't intend to, I didn't know how to start the thread.
May I suggest that you read the whole thread before you reply and make wild accusations?

Luminesce
10-01-2014, 02:02 PM
I should've expanded on that a little more than what I did but you were right he first time, I meant a video game character in general, not the person behind the computer screen in MMO games. I'm sorry for being hazy with the details.

With all due respect sir, this post has nothing to do with Growtopia, except for that paragraph where I introduced myself, although I didn't intend to, I didn't know how to start the thread.
May I suggest that you read the whole thread before you reply and make wild accusations?

I believe you posted in the correct place. Don't worry about people saying otherwise. It happens often. (No offense Mahmoud)

And, well I guess it is definitely possible to have a crush on a character. It could be the same as, reading a book. You get so involved, and you develop a "crush" on one of the characters.

Same thing with dreams, ever ďreamt of someone, then woke up having a crush on them?

So I don't think it is abnormal, in any way. :)

Video Gamer
10-01-2014, 02:03 PM
I believe you posted in the correct place. Don't worry about people saying otherwise. It happens often. (No offense Mahmoud)

And, well I guess it is definitely possible to have a crush on a character. It could be the same as, reading a book. You get so involved, and you develop a "crush" on one of the characters.

Same thing with dreams, ever ďreamt of someone, then woke up having a crush on them?

So I don't think it is abnormal, in any way. :)

Thank you for that very insightful comparison, Madame.

Luminesce
10-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Thank you for that very insightful comparison, Madame.

Lol, no problem.

Just off topic real quick : Is it my name that made you think I'm a girl. Or my profile pic? :sweatdrop:

Video Gamer
10-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Lol, no problem.

Just off topic real quick : Is it my name that made you think I'm a girl. Or my profile pic? :sweatdrop:

Your name, I never looked at your profile pic. Why? Are you a guy?

Killerforlife
10-01-2014, 02:43 PM
It is not safe, It could be anybody... And i mean anyBODY. Online dating is really not safe, You do not know who you are talking to, Whether its a pedophile or the actual person. Real life dating is safer and much better because you know who you are talking to, Always be on the safer side.

Boomer
10-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Your name, I never looked at your profile pic. Why? Are you a guy?

LOLOLOL yes, he's a guy.

As for you're question? Hmmm...I've liked a few fictional characters before, so no, its not totally bad. Its a faze you're going through. If it goes on for many, many years, I'd reconsider.

Video Gamer
10-01-2014, 02:45 PM
It is not safe, It could be anybody... And i mean anyBODY. Online dating is really not safe, You do not know who you are talking do, Whether its a pedophile or the actual person. Real life dating is safer and much better because you know who you are talking to, Always be on the safer side.

Sorry for not being clear enough kind forumer.
When I said video game character, I meant the pixelated character, not people behind the screen.

Boomer
10-01-2014, 02:46 PM
It is not safe, It could be anybody... And i mean anyBODY. Online dating is really not safe, You do not know who you are talking to, Whether its a pedophile or the actual person. Real life dating is safer and much better because you know who you are talking to, Always be on the safer side.

Nonono, he's talking about the avatars, the Growtopians themselves. Just these guys:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130311133803/growtopia/images/7/72/Imageggg.jpg

Video Gamer
10-01-2014, 02:48 PM
LOLOLOL yes, he's a guy.

As for you're question? Hmmm...I've liked a few fictional characters before, so no, its not totally bad. Its a faze you're going through. If it goes on for many, many years, I'd reconsider.

Luminesce, you have my deepest apologies. I had no clue you were male, I sincerely apologise.

As for you Boomer, my kind sir, it's not so much as "I-wish-you-were-real-so-we-could-"meet"-up-some-time" but more of a "you-look-cute" and/or "you're-awesome" type of crush. I hope you understand what I'n getting at.

Boomer
10-01-2014, 02:51 PM
As for you Boomer, my kind sir, it's not so much as "I-wish-you-were-real-so-we-could-"meet"-up-some-time" but more of a "you-look-cute" and/or "you're-awesome" type of crush. I hope you understand what I'n getting at.

Yup; I had that once or twice. It was a few years ago, though.

Potato
10-02-2014, 01:43 AM
You live in Hawaii....which island? (I do too ._.)

Video Gamer
10-02-2014, 01:50 AM
You live in Hawaii....which island? (I do too ._.)

I'm sorry sir, but I'd rather not share. I have my reasons and hope you understand.

Megazork
10-02-2014, 03:24 AM
I'm pretty sure it's fine as long as you don:'t let it influence your life too much, like being urged to do some unethical things( dirty and immoral ). I have had crushes on videogame characters, it's pretty simple when virtual realities are better than reality. Nothing really to be ashamed of nor skared of.