PDA

View Full Version : How to stop a rumour from spreading anymore? (Or how to find out who started it)

Warp Rat
10-03-2014, 11:59 PM
So, I have a girlfriend, and there is a rumour going around my school that I am cheating on my girlfriend with another girl. This rumour is false.
My first complaint is now my girlfriend is mad at me.
My second complaint was the girl who I am "rumoured" to be with, her boyfriend is now mad at me, and he was my best friend.

How do I stop this rumour from spreading? I need help. :sweatdrop:

PolarisHD
10-04-2014, 12:03 AM
This might help:
http://m.wikihow.com/Stop-Rumors

CrA2YNiNjA
10-04-2014, 12:06 AM
Lol this website is only for growtopia related comments and questions, but I will help you on your real life situation. You should probably tell people that again that you are not cheating and show proof you are not, like for example show evidence that the girl that people think you are cheating with doesn't like you but likes you as a friend. You should also tell people to mind their business and tell them to get a life. I know it's harsh but it's possibly the only way to stop it. Thats all I got hopefully it would stop. :)

PolarisHD
10-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Lol this website is only for growtopia related comments and questions, but I will help you on your real life situation. You should probably tell people that again that you are not cheating and show proof you are not, like for example show evidence that the girl that people think you are cheating with doesn't like you but likes you as a friend. You should also tell people to mind their business and tell them to get a life. I know it's harsh but it's possibly the only way to stop it. Thats all I got hopefully it would stop. :)

This website is not only for growtopia. It is for the games/programs/etc. that Seth has made.

Warp Rat
10-04-2014, 12:10 AM
This website is not only for growtopia. It is for the games/programs/etc. that Seth has made.

Also, it's not only for games and programs. It's for life things too. It's called a discussion forum for a reason. To discuss anything you want.

Pixlr
10-04-2014, 12:10 AM

Dude, THIS is the RTSoft Tavern, not the Growtopia General Chat. It says clearly on the RTSoft Tavern description that we can discuss about anything (that won't break the rules, of course.)

Warp Rat
10-04-2014, 12:13 AM
I know how i'm going to stop it.

During the 15 minutes that we get out of school to go outside. I will tell my real girlfriend to hug me. In front of everyone ;). Thank you Polaris

CrA2YNiNjA
10-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Also, it's not only for games and programs. It's for life things too. It's called a discussion forum for a reason. To discuss anything you want.

There is also a reason why it says "Growtopia Discussion" and says growtopia. Doesn't say real life discussions anywhere. If he needs help he should talk to his counselor in his school. This website is for only growtopia and growtopia only. Its called Growtopia forums for a reason also. Lol :nope:

Pixlr
10-04-2014, 12:15 AM

Telling people to mind their own buisness and get a life will not only seem harsh, but may make them think the rumor is true. You're going to try to brush them off the topic which will only convince them that the rumor is true.

Warp Rat
10-04-2014, 12:16 AM
It's called RTsoft forums.
and if you read the description for RTsoft Sub-Forum it clearly says "Help yourself to a free drink at the RTsoft tavern, kick back, and discuss (almost) whatever pleases ya."

CrA2YNiNjA
10-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Dude, THIS is the RTSoft Tavern, not the Growtopia General Chat. It says clearly on the RTSoft Tavern description that we can discuss about anything (that won't break the rules, of course.)
I know it and I agree but does he really want to talk about real life stuff in a game community website. :confused:

CrA2YNiNjA
10-04-2014, 12:22 AM
*MEGA facepalm*

PLEASE look at the subforum you are viewing this at, sir. It clearly says RTSoft Tavern and not Growtopia General Chat!
Lol mega self served. I appoligize about this. I didn't read where this thread was posted on. I deeply am sorry about this. I will pay more attention to the messages. Thanks for the advice. :P

PolarisHD
10-04-2014, 12:25 AM
I know how i'm going to stop it.

During the 15 minutes that we get out of school to go outside. I will tell my real girlfriend to hug me. In front of everyone ;). Thank you Polaris

I feel honored now. Np (:

Mrs.TommoSwag
10-04-2014, 12:28 AM

Please learn to read sub forums and know that the forums is called "RTSoft Forums" and not "Growtopia Forums" before you comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol mega self served. I appoligize about this. I didn't read where this thread was posted on. I deeply am sorry about this. I will pay more attention to the messages. Thanks for the advice. :P

Oops. Did not see this XD.

BD64
10-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Firsthand have had something like this but ended up pretty bad, so first I'd tell your girlfriend everything that's happened, calm her down first. Than move on to your best friend, you don't want to lose him. After they realize it and after those things you told them start to float around nobody will care. It'll just pass after a week or so, if it continues pm me and I can help. Also for some brownie points tell your girlfriend in person, not over text or anything like that and same goes for your best friend. If the rumors aren't true you have nothing to worry about!

Warp Rat
10-04-2014, 01:17 AM
Thanks to my best woman friend. She said do the chain method (She's so smart)

Chain Method:

Ask the person who old you about the rumour: "Who told you about the rumour?"
Then, go to that person and ask him\her the same question
Then keep going on and on and on. Until you find the one who started it.

Cyanogen
10-04-2014, 01:28 AM
No offense but those people seem really stupid to believe *any and every* rumour that go around..
I'd understand your girlfriend loosing a little trust in you, not much though (cause that's normal), but getting mad at you is stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to my best woman friend. She said do the chain method (She's so smart)

Chain Method:

Ask the person who old you about the rumour: "Who told you about the rumour?"
Then, go to that person and ask him\her the same question
Then keep going on and on and on. Until you find the one who started it.

The one who started it will just say that they heard it from someone you already asked..

Applez
10-04-2014, 01:36 AM
There is also a reason why it says "Growtopia Discussion" and says growtopia. Doesn't say real life discussions anywhere. If he needs help he should talk to his counselor in his school. This website is for only growtopia and growtopia only. Its called Growtopia forums for a reason also. Lol :nope:

1. This isn't in Growtopia General Chat
2. This is RTsoft Forums, just it says "Growtopia Forums" because it brings you to the Growtopia area

CrA2YNiNjA
10-04-2014, 03:00 AM
Okay as I said in my previous comment I am deeply sorry. I didn't see that he posted it in the rtsoft tavern. I will look before I post my comment. Please stop with the hate comments. I feel like I'm not welcome here. :( :cry:

Shumentheny
10-04-2014, 03:02 AM
So, I have a girlfriend, and there is a rumour going around my school that I am cheating on my girlfriend with another girl. This rumour is false.
My first complaint is now my girlfriend is mad at me.
My second complaint was the girl who I am "rumoured" to be with, her boyfriend is now mad at me, and he was my best friend.

How do I stop this rumour from spreading? I need help. :sweatdrop:

I believe 99.99% rumors are fake. As long as you love your Girlfriend there is nothing to worry about. True love is what it counts.

ArmzOfficial
10-04-2014, 03:04 AM

This is the RTsoft forums. If you have any complains/complaints, get out.

Shumentheny
10-04-2014, 03:06 AM
This is the RTsoft forums. If you have any complains/complaints, get out.

He did not look at the Sub forum where this thread is in. This is why read before you post.

ArmzOfficial
10-04-2014, 03:06 AM
He did not look at the Sub forum where this thread is in. This is why read before you post.

I know. just figured that out. You got a problem?

Shumentheny
10-04-2014, 03:10 AM
I know. just figured that out. You got a problem?

No, I didn't meant to say that to you I'm just agreeing to you. Didn't do anything wrong.

PotatoMarco
10-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Accept rumors with a steady stand, they were made to bring you down, show them that it won't work.
jk.
If your girlfriend believes this rumor then i dont think she trusts you, that is gonna be a problem one day.

Areodax
10-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Find that guy and chase him with an umbrella.

Worked for me.:crazy:

But you can solve this problem by ignoring it and telling your friend. If he doesn't listen, bahala na siya. Lol.

And you can report it at the principals office or Guidance Counselor.