PDA

View Full Version : Help me. I don't know what to do.

Isaaccs
10-20-2014, 11:14 PM
Well, here's my problem. I have three friends (in real life) that smoke. Yes, it's a big deal, because they are in the same grade as me.
But do you know in what dang grade I am? I AM IN 6th GRADE. They told me to tell no one, but. I want to do the correct thing.
Should I keep quiet? Or do I tell the teacher or any adult? Tell me what you thing I should do, because I don't know. I don't want to have in my mind in the future (if they keep doing that) that I could've helped them. But we're great friends, I don't want to lose them.

What's your opinion?

Applez
10-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Tell the... Uhh... Some teacher/worker at your school.... Or ask their parents if they know they will deal with it

Isaaccs
10-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Tell the... Uhh... Some teacher/worker at your school.... Or ask their parents if they know they will deal with it

I always thought it was that easy, now I see it's not.

Applez
10-20-2014, 11:30 PM
I always thought it was that easy, now I see it's not.

Hey, once you tell someone you'll get it all off your chest

I do that every day! Why? I have to drink this AWFUL medicine that I wait... And wait... AND WAIT to take it! But when I take it, I FEEL HAPPY! Until the medicine kicks in...
Anyway ignore the last part

Stanicek3
10-20-2014, 11:30 PM
Well, here's my problem. I have three friends (in real life) that smoke. Yes, it's a big deal, because they are in the same grade as me.
But do you know in what dang grade I am? I AM IN 6th GRADE. They told me to tell no one, but. I want to do the correct thing.
Should I keep quiet? Or do I tell the teacher or any adult? Tell me what you thing I should do, because I don't know. I don't want to have in my mind in the future (if they keep doing that) that I could've helped them. But we're great friends, I don't want to lose them.

What's your opinion?

Well if you tell them to try to stop and they don't. Just know that a TRUE friend listens to you. Tell a teacher. Go ahead.

DailyGamer
10-21-2014, 01:43 AM

What's your opinion?
Smoking ruins your future :nope:
I would 100% tell an adult

Tugg Speedman
10-21-2014, 01:48 AM
Tell your teachers, smoking not for children bro unless theyve been retained for 7 years which would make it okay

iHateThis
10-21-2014, 01:49 AM

What's your opinion?

If I were in ur shoes I would get an adult to help.
Smoking is scamming on the lungs.

TheFanoftech
10-21-2014, 02:01 AM

What's your opinion?

Wow, that's tough.
I mean, I knew a guy in 6th grade that smoked (presumably).
Tell an adult, it's obviously the right thing. They might pressure you into smoking too, which they probably did too each other.

Good luck :)

BudderMeow
10-21-2014, 02:11 AM

What's your opinion?

You have to tell an adult no matter what.
Your friends aren't allowed to smoke especially at a young age.
Nd also tell them that smoking 1 cigarette can shorten their lives by 11 minutes. Yes. Just ONE cigarette can do that.

Magicalfishy
10-21-2014, 02:13 AM
Tell someone in authority and if they ask why you did it tell them you were trying to save their future Nd it's for their own good. If they don't forgive you, then they were never true friends to you.

Potato
10-21-2014, 02:14 AM

What's your opinion?

Honestly in my opinion, you should just ignore your friends/leave them if they are a bad influence. Try to convince them to stop
90% sure you wont be friends anyway if they know you snitched on them.

iConstruct
10-21-2014, 02:16 AM
I've been in this situation before, and IK its easy to say "just tell a teacher" but it's really, really hard. Yes, you should tell an adult. Most schools have a guidance office or someone to go to. I'd do it before school when you get off the bus, make it so you're friends don't see you. Tell the guidance officer you wouldn't like you're friends to know you told on them, than tell her you're situation. Hope this helps!

Cmandoesgt
10-21-2014, 02:18 AM

What's your opinion?

SO i would secretly Tell a teacher/adult but its ok tell the Teacher what your problem is and tell them not to say there name So you dont get in trouble you wont lose your friends and they will be Okay:cool:

EasykGT
10-21-2014, 02:33 AM
Friends or not you have to do the right thing, smoking damages your lungs and you can get cancer, you have to tell a grown up, its for thier own good.

Mattadome02
10-21-2014, 02:46 AM
Friend or not, please tell the teacher. A true friend will watch out for their friends even if it means telling the teacher that they are doing something wrong. It can and will ruin their life!

Liammagoo
10-21-2014, 06:17 AM
How did they get the cigarettes in the first place? Try and tell them and then talk to whoever has the cigarettes.

Telman
10-21-2014, 06:30 AM

What's your opinion?

Did you actually seem them smoke? If yes, don't tell anybody. Talk some sense into your friends, if it doesn't work, ignore them. You'll get in big problems by telling an adult. You may even lose 'em as a friend.

MrSword48
10-21-2014, 06:34 AM
Did you actually seem them smoke? If yes, don't tell anybody. Talk some sense into your friends, if it doesn't work, ignore them. You'll get in big problems by telling an adult. You may even lose 'em as a friend.

He'll lose his friends once they grow sick from smoking.

There won't be good life for them if you don't tell an adult. Even if you'll lose them, at least you'll know you saved them from the consequences of smoking.

THICKE.
10-21-2014, 06:36 AM
Basically if I were having this situation I would just let them get on with it, let them smoke there is no way that your friends will stop smoking even if a teacher/adult tells them to stop. If they want to reduce their time on earth just let them, just concentrate that you will live a longer life then them. Also even if you take their cigarettes off them they will still manage to get hold of some more. Like I say just let them get on it with it, it's their life.

Luminesce
10-21-2014, 07:36 AM
Even if you manage to tell an adult, without your friends ever finding out it was you, it's still up to them to smoke or not. It does not necessarily mean they will stop.

But whatever happens, never let them pressurize you into doing the same.

Boomer
10-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Tell someone. Your friends will thank you in the future.

Telman
10-22-2014, 01:03 AM
He'll lose his friends once they grow sick from smoking.

There won't be good life for them if you don't tell an adult. Even if you'll lose them, at least you'll know you saved them from the consequences of smoking.

What if he gets into problems too? What if the kids back stab him like he backstabber them? It's not his business, all he can do is tell them the consequences of smoking, otherwise, in my opinion, he should stay out of it. Smoking is an addiction, it isn't so easy to get over. My uncle has been smoking for years already, he's 60+ years old and he still smokes. The thing is, what if they say they don't smoke? What if they make it seem as if he's getting revenge on them for a reason? Think about it.