PDA

View Full Version : THE TRADE SYSTEM IS CRAP

Carlo Miguel Velasco
04-15-2013, 10:25 AM
The Trade System is having issues about the "Accept" button!

There are small time delays when accepting causing you to change your trade fast VERY FAST!

So if possible DON'T USE THE TRADE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!

ripply
04-15-2013, 11:51 AM

There are small time delays when accepting causing you to change your trade fast VERY FAST!

Seth and Hamumu made it that way, so its harder to get scanned. I guess I don't understand what your saying, sorry.

Seth
04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
I've carefully designed the trade system so there is no way to scam and no "small time delay".

The server won't let you click accept within 2 seconds of a change.. did someone change it, but you didn't notice?? Sorry, not much we can do about that.. :sweatdrop: If someone can tell us a way to reproduce a trade system bug we can check it out and fix it though. You'll need two devices to test it.

Carlo Miguel Velasco
04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Seth and Hamumu made it that way, so its harder to get scanned. I guess I don't understand what your saying, sorry.

I'm trying to say that the "Accept" button have a delay when the check mark appear on top of your trade, so that the player may change their trade(it will take forever to so that but still possible.)

Carlo Miguel Velasco
04-15-2013, 12:01 PM
I've carefully designed the trade system so there is no way to scam and no "small time delay".

The server won't let you click accept within 2 seconds of a change.. did someone change it, but you didn't notice?? Sorry, not much we can do about that.. :sweatdrop: If someone can tell us a way to reproduce a trade system bug we can check it out and fix it though. You'll need two devices to test it.

How about adding final icon that saying

Are you sure you like your (your items) to be given to (player who you are trading with) with an offer of (player's offer)?

Yes No

Or something similar to that

Piratecookie
04-15-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm trying to say that the "Accept" button have a delay when the check mark appear on top of your trade, so that the player may change their trade(it will take forever to so that but still possible.)
Wrong forum placement, should be in bugs and problems.

The system is designed to be nearly scam proof. The time delay you are talking about when the trade deal is changed is to prevent being scammed. If any part of the deal is changed after one person accepts it un-accepts both parties. To prevent scamming. The trade system is great, although it doesn't fully stop scammers, it helps a lot.

If you get scammed by the trade system it is pretty much your fault for not making sure that everything is correct before closing the deal

Carlo Miguel Velasco
04-15-2013, 12:06 PM
I'll just not trade to anybody until the Trade System is Improved.

And Cookie the Trade System needs to be improved dramatically it needs lots of changes lots and lots

ripply
04-15-2013, 12:07 PM
I personally like the trade system and have never had a problem with it.

Piratecookie
04-15-2013, 12:19 PM
I'll just not trade to anybody until the Trade System is Improved.

And Cookie the Trade System needs to be improved dramatically it needs lots of changes lots and lots

It works great, I don't get your problem with it lol. Maybe sometimes it might glitch a bit but nothing terribly bad.

Knightmare
04-15-2013, 12:48 PM
I would prefer a second screen that shows the offers and unable to be removed
As it is safer

But the trade system is fine the way it is

IAmABrodie
04-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Maby there should be a way to where you cant change any thing after a 1 or 2 second delay after unaccepting? :3 Just an idea

Carlo Miguel Velasco
04-15-2013, 03:01 PM
As it is safer

But the trade system is fine the way it is

OH MY GOD!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE GOT WHAT I WANT TO BE ADDED OR IMPROVED!

Redbone
04-15-2013, 04:43 PM
How about adding final icon that saying

Are you sure you like your (your items) to be given to (player who you are trading with) with an offer of (player's offer)?

Yes No

Or something similar to that

As it is safer

I don't have any issues with the current system, but this would be a great improvement, all things considered.

RAPTOR784
04-15-2013, 05:11 PM
I think it just fine I haven't Hurd of 1 person getting scammed from the trade system

K5m
04-15-2013, 06:17 PM
The trade system is perfectly fine to me!
Seth and Mike do a great job. ;)

Neonscraft
04-15-2013, 08:17 PM

It seems that we are having the same issue. So a short story explaining this is that some random person wanted to trade with me, so I did, then he showed a crystal block seed, I checked it and it was legit, then showed my signal jammer and I pressed accept, but then he (quickly?) changed it to a pastel block seed. Either it was just me or the trade system but I don't really know.... Anyway, it was probably just me not looking carefully enough.

Piratecookie
04-15-2013, 08:29 PM
It seems that we are having the same issue. So a short story explaining this is that some random person wanted to trade with me, so I did, then he showed a crystal block seed, I checked it and it was legit, then showed my signal jammer and I pressed accept, but then he (quickly?) changed it to a pastel block seed. Either it was just me or the trade system but I don't really know.... Anyway, it was probably just me not looking carefully enough.

Did he say some random weird question? Or did you bring up chat at all? Cause that will hide the change deal warning that pops up on te screen!

Neonscraft
04-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Oh, that could have been possible but I'm going to just test the trade system.

Piratecookie
04-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Oh, that could have been possible but I'm going to just test the trade system.

Yeah one just has to pay clear attention before accepting the trade. Make sure everything is what was agreed upon. If you do that then nobody should have a problem with it!

Carlo Miguel Velasco
04-15-2013, 11:58 PM

Who is that person?

The guy who scammed me in the Trade System is xoxol98

Looks like I've lose my Diamond Ring cause of the Trade System not any form of Drop Game

Bye-bye Diamond Ring :( :( :'( :'(

Neonscraft
04-16-2013, 12:07 AM
Who is that person?

The guy who scammed me in the Trade System is xoxol98

Looks like I've lose my Diamond Ring cause of the Trade System not any form of Drop Game

Bye-bye Diamond Ring :( :( :'( :'(

Alright, His name was xKiller and apparently he is doing it to others as well, just check their posts.

ADMex1
04-16-2013, 12:38 AM
Wow, this thread is kind of offensive. To put down what Seth and Ham probably worked days on perfecting and making scam free, yet you still criticize. Eh, the system is fine to me..It's perfect.

Carlo Miguel Velasco
04-17-2013, 02:55 AM
Wow, this thread is kind of offensive. To put down what Seth and Ham probably worked days on perfecting and making scam free, yet you still criticize. Eh, the system is fine to me..It's perfect.

Fine for you? Yeah it's good just wait until you get scammed with your things using Trade System.

Yes, this is kinda offensive Tread but with the feedback of the players Seth and Hamumu can improved it. Just take it as a Negative Feedback Tread. :)

Carlo Miguel Velasco
04-17-2013, 02:59 AM
Hey Hamumu or Seth! Check if xKiller and xoxol98 is using the same device, if so you should ban that particular device.

Alright, His name was xKiller and apparently he is doing it to others as well, just check their posts.

I'd hope that xKiller is using a different device as xoxol98 if there using the same device that particular device should be banned.

Neonscraft
04-17-2013, 08:12 AM

I did say if it was just me, I'm sorry if I have offended you or Seth/Hamumu

VadikTV
04-17-2013, 08:48 AM
I think you could add to the game "Cancel last deal" function. And then, when u will scammed you can touch your own wrench and cancel the last transaction. But it should work even if the other player has left the world or left the game.
P. S. Sorry for my bad English

Seth
04-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Well, the only sort of problem I'm aware of with the trade system is if you have the keyboard up typing a message, you don't see the "THE DEAL HAS CHANGED" message going on because it's behind the keyboard - so when you come back, a seed might have changed. (Someone posted a youtube video earlier showing how this works.. darn, where was that..)

Solution: Always re-click the items to make sure he didn't change anything after canceling the keyboard, or just don't type chat messages while trading.

I'll make sure the warning gets displayed higher on the screen to fix this in a future client version.