PDA

View Full Version : Which should I pick for my future high school?

Tohru
10-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Hello guys.

Today I'll be talking to you about my high school choice. I'm really not sure which one to pick; both seem really good as some representatives came to my middle school today.

Public High School
The public high school has a special STEM program, which has an engineering program in it. I'm targeting engineering as my specialty, although I have other choices, but my parents want me to get a good job that has a lot of money.

Most of my friends will be going here, as well as the BFFs I can't live without.

It also includes things I like; vocal lessons, choir (I LOVE SINGING!), and other things as well. I'm interested in many of the fields that is a lot.

They have AP (Advanced Placement) classes, and I have to take every single AP class. At least, that's what I'm aiming for.

It also lets you leave early for work (which gives you college/high school credits) or volunteering for credit. It ends at 2:00 and staying after school would be 2:30.

There is also a long bus ride, but not as long as the next school I'm talking to you about.

You have the option to switch your classes. Say you want to be a teacher for the first month, but then you change your mind and want to be an engineer. Head to the guidance office and tell them to switch your schedule to join a different course.

Once you choose your dream job, there are certain AP (doesn't have to be AP) classes you have to take such as Calculus, College Math 1 and 2, Robotics, and others.

But, the bad thing is, I need a full scholarship. This school has only 1% getting a full scholarship. The education is really good, but it has a less of a chance on getting that.

They also have SAT preps, and I heard the teachers can hold pizza parties and everything for you.

My enemies are also there (bullies) and they tend to get in my face now. Not sure if I want to stay in school with them or not.

Private High School
This school looks good in your transcript. They have more of a chance to get a full scholarship than the public high school.

Once you get in a course, you can't get out of it.

I heard rumors about the public high school that it had very inappropriate things going on, and things I hate to hear about it.

This school makes you swim and shower in front of other people (I believe the second is true, not completely sure). I can't swim and I'd feel insecure doing that.

They have more advanced models and you take all honors classes. It shows the new 3D printer, and you can build robots.

About an hour and a half bus ride to get home. So, you come home late.

It is hard to get in. My brother was 1 out of 25 in the county that got in the engineering program. It's very difficult and you have to be a genius to get in. I'm capable, but I don't know if I can be like a genius who skips two grades.

I don't know much about this school, but from what I have so far, I can't seem to decide.

Both
Both have my top-choice colleges; Rowan and Drexel. I may study abroad to Oxford, but I don't think I can do it. I'm not THAT smart.

They both are free to go in.

You have fun in there.

What do you think? I really hate to choose between them, but I have to choose by the beginning of next year. :(

Not entirely sure how much homework they give you.

Please!
Please give me the reason why you picked that school; you don't have to, but I'd appreciate it if you would!

Cronic
10-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Public because I said.

Tohru
10-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Aaron, I posted it here because it isn't GT related.

Just tell me the reason why please, I'd appreciate it.

raqk
10-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Public, just because im in one, and its honestly not that bad.

As for the homework part, im guessing it would be different per state and per district/school because they all have different curriculum requirements.

Tohru
10-30-2014, 07:47 PM
I already have a bunch of homework now....how am I gonna survive high school?

Aaron, the private has about 1k students. I'm sure I won't be lonely there.

raqk
10-30-2014, 07:55 PM
I already have a bunch of homework now....how am I gonna survive high school?

Aaron, the private has about 1k students. I'm sure I won't be lonely there.

just study more, in middle school I never had to study at all, and I still got at least C's, but now I have to study alot!

And, woah! 1k kids in a private school? my public school doesnt even have that many...

Anulot
10-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Enrolling in a private school was the best choice of my life.

NinjaPRO
10-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Private school I find has a better education program than public high schools. But this is just in Canada. If you can afford Private School, that's the place that can get you into a good university.

Tohru
10-30-2014, 08:31 PM
The private one is free; you just have to be smart to get in.

Jack, I'm like 2 years younger than you...hmmm...maybe. I'll miss my family and friends :(

My brother is smarter than me, I know that; I don't think I'd get in.

Tohru
10-30-2014, 08:36 PM
Lucky, nobody even likes me that way.

Breame
10-30-2014, 08:41 PM
It's impressive that a (12?) year old is going to high school already. Smart. Or are you just getting ahead of the future by picking which school you're going to go to? Either way, it's quite fascinating.

I recommend a public school.

Tohru
10-30-2014, 08:50 PM
No, I said I have to pick which college by the beginning of 8th grade.

Getting ahead. It's a hard choice; both have good curriculums. The teachers at middle school already expect more from me because of my brother.

CeleusGT
10-30-2014, 08:52 PM
People in good private schools are usually very disturbing. Like i am!

Tohru
10-30-2014, 09:00 PM
No, my brother goes to the private school and there are nice kids.

Applez
10-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Showers infront of others?

*goes into girl dressing room*

:rolleyes:

Tohru
10-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Bad Applez no plz

Boomer
10-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Public, though probably worse, seems less of a hassle to go to and get through. I'd go there.

Maven
10-30-2014, 10:05 PM
Public Highschool is fun xD :wave:

Tohru
10-31-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks guys. I just need ome votes and more reasons.

_Lennart_
10-31-2014, 11:27 AM
i go in a private one,
i believe they have better education than public ones,

mine got the best results in the swedish national test, my school got the best results in the whole region

so i guess private is better

anyway, as i am playing war thunder right now i guess i should go and help the russians save henan province :sweatdrop:

Areodax
10-31-2014, 03:06 PM
If you can still make new friends and keep the old ones, while furthermore expanding your knowledge, I think you deserve being in a private school.:)

Maryjane
10-31-2014, 03:45 PM
Public School- Well for one, you won't be experiencing this alone. You get to choose your classes and help pave a way for you to concentrate and balance things easier. You get to have fun, and study the course you want to go in to. It's pretty interesting :]

Private School- I've been and is currently studying in one. It's not easy too. You get to stress a lot about grades. The fact that it's a little bit advanced is even more complex. It's either risk or play.

Now the problem is, from one of these schools, one of them will benefit you, and your upcoming future. But which one is the one you can handle?
Also, it's not about the grades, it's about aging and preparing yourself for your future.

Importance
10-31-2014, 03:50 PM
Be smart and enroll into private.

Because I said so.

Private if you want Oxford.

revelrous
10-31-2014, 07:16 PM
Private School.
For the sake of you, and your future in Oxford.
Just...make sure to take the course you truly want.

Tohru
10-31-2014, 07:21 PM
Interesting...

BTW, I was only considering Oxford...I don't think neither school has any connection with them.

Tohru
11-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Guys, I need more suggestions! All reasons sound good but I can't decide!

Splushie
11-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Guys, I need more suggestions! All reasons sound good but I can't decide!

you should go to a cooking school and become a chef and then make me some pizza~

iiFarmGT
11-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Education isn't all about friends, it's about achieving the best you can for YOUR future; you can see your friends out of school, right? A private school is honestly better than a public school, especially when you're looking for a full scholarship.

And if you came to Oxford you'd get to meet me!:rolleyes:

And me:cool:

City centre be like: we got to put a McDonald's, Burger King and a KFC in 1street

We're like: but I can't decide were to eat #1st world problems ;-;

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting...

BTW, I was only considering Oxford...I don't think neither school has any connection with them.

If you live somewhere near Kidlington (10miles from Oxford) it has a school called Gosford Hill School
I heard last years GCSEs average were B-A which is high if you can't go there there is always Cherwell School good school.

Brys
11-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Showers infront of others?

*goes into girl dressing room*

:rolleyes:

The chances of you going into the shower/locker room is pretty slim they have gym teachers watching very closely that the boys go into boys and girls go in girls. Even if you did make it somehow they would probably scream "PEDOPHILE!!!!"

iiFarmGT
11-01-2014, 04:31 PM
The chances of you going into the shower/locker room is pretty slim they have gym teachers watching very closely that the boys go into boys and girls go in girls. Even if you did make it somehow they would probably scream "PEDOPHILE!!!!"

More like: hey there smexy do you want to play? Giggity