PDA

View Full Version : Good Recorders for Computers?

King902
11-12-2014, 03:06 AM
So in a few weeks my parents are going to India, my grades are coming out, and the semester for school is ending. I have one of two choices if I keep up my grades, get an xbox one or a computer. Now I want a computer and my idea is to start recording for it, but I need to find some good recorders before hand. Anyone got some suggestions? Also what is it with all Youtubers for Growtopia getting rich?

Inner
11-12-2014, 03:09 AM
bandicam and ezvid

JiHwan
11-12-2014, 03:14 AM
bandicam and ezvid

Hate Bandicam's watermark tho

EasykGT
11-12-2014, 03:17 AM
I suggest you use Fraps

King902
11-12-2014, 04:02 AM
Hmmm i don't like bandicam due to it not recording so well.

SCOOBYDOOFAN
11-12-2014, 04:05 AM
Possibly camtasia studios/recorder. I use it, works pretty well and really easy to use and edit. I believe it's free too.

Ekraam873
11-12-2014, 04:05 AM
imovie
Yes

JiHwan
11-12-2014, 04:09 AM
imovie
Yes

Not a recorder.

Brennanber
11-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Hate Bandicam's watermark tho

If you get the free version...

CoastChaos
11-12-2014, 04:22 AM
So in a few weeks my parents are going to India, my grades are coming out, and the semester for school is ending. I have one of two choices if I keep up my grades, get an xbox one or a computer. Now I want a computer and my idea is to start recording for it, but I need to find some good recorders before hand. Anyone got some suggestions? Also what is it with all Youtubers for Growtopia getting rich?

If you get a mac,
use quicktime recorder (which already comes pre-installed with computer)to record and use iMovie (also comes with computer) to edit.
It records in HD and the editing tool is very neat and you can do many effects and stuff

Sheth
11-12-2014, 04:23 AM
What kind of laptop are you getting (outta curiosity :rolleyes:)

Brennanber
11-12-2014, 04:24 AM
I suggest you use Fraps

I have fraps myself but I found out soon afterwards that the most recent bandicam would be a much better choice.

Fraps footage is not compressed so it takes about 10 minutes to get an average length video to not be 20gb.

Bandicam compresses it as it records, it also allows recording on certain parts of the screen instead of just directx (like fraps)
I dont own bandicam, I own fraps.
Bandicam has a better interface and tons more features...

King902
11-12-2014, 04:32 AM
What kind of laptop are you getting (outta curiosity :rolleyes:)

Not laptop, but a very good computer. My limit price might be $1500.

Brennanber
11-12-2014, 04:40 AM
Also tips about your decision for a computer:

1. Dont get a mac (they are decent in speed I guess, but for the EXACT same speed of a 1200$ mac you can get a 700$ gaming Windows computer: mac also doesnt run too many games)

2. If you want performance dont get a laptop (for the same price of a desktop, laptops are much slower because it costs extra to make those tiny parts!)

3. If you are planning to get a windows computer (that is fast) I reccomend going to office max or hp.com. Office max because their computers are fast for the desk jobs that require them (to get the ultamite gaming pc all you have to do is switch out gheir graphics card which is really easy and cheap)
They also dont charge extra just because of their store name.

4. Only get quad core. Dual cores arent cutting newer games.
Minimum: 3.0ghz quadcore
5. At least 8 gigs of RAM (sometimes just called memory)
6. At least 750gb of hard drive space (this will be easy considering most desktops are at least one TB nowadays
7. At least 1 gb of graphics (2 is reccomended)
8. Dont get a square monitor, get a rectangle. You genereally cant find square monitors today but many people have made that mistake (games never ever fit to them, even when you adjust)

- - - Updated - - -

Another recomendation. Spending more than 1200$ is pointless. You are going to end up spending all your money on luxury parts that are only slightly faster but cost 100$ extra just because they are slightly faster.

Tim bought a 3.7ghz processor for 100$
Bob bought a 3.9ghz processor for 400$ because its the fastest out there.. (With little difference in speed)

Sheth
11-12-2014, 04:41 AM

Ohhh. Well the screen recorders suggested above are good ones ;P

King902
11-12-2014, 04:45 AM
Also tips about your decision for a computer:

1. Dont get a mac (they are decent in speed I guess, but for the EXACT same speed of a 1200$ mac you can get a 700$ gaming Windows computer: mac also doesnt run too many games)

2. If you want performance dont get a laptop (for the same price of a desktop, laptops are much slower because it costs extra to make those tiny parts!)

3. If you are planning to get a windows computer (that is fast) I reccomend going to office max or hp.com. Office max because their computers are fast for the desk jobs that require them (to get the ultamite gaming pc all you have to do is switch out gheir graphics card which is really easy and cheap)
They also dont charge extra just because of their store name.

4. Only get quad core. Dual cores arent cutting newer games.
Minimum: 3.0ghz quadcore
5. At least 8 gigs of RAM (sometimes just called memory)
6. At least 750gb of hard drive space (this will be easy considering most desktops are at least one TB nowadays
7. At least 1 gb of graphics (2 is reccomended)
8. Dont get a square monitor, get a rectangle. You genereally cant find square monitors today but many people have made that mistake (games never ever fit to them, even when you adjust)

- - - Updated - - -

Another recomendation. Spending more than 1200$ is pointless. You are going to end up spending all your money on luxury parts that are only slightly faster but cost 100$ extra just because they are slightly faster.

Tim bought a 3.7ghz processor for 100$
Bob bought a 3.9ghz processor for 400$ because its the fastest out there.. (With little difference in speed)

Hmmmm, okay. As in limit price I meant as in additional things as well, possibly Steam, accessories, etc.

Brennanber
11-12-2014, 04:47 AM
http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ConfigureView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&catEntryId=621151&quantity=1

Just goto graphics card section and change that to 2GB AMD
Then you have yourself a fast gaming computer with 2 Terabytes of space.
All you need then is a monitor

(If the link says they are improving servers or so,ething just refresh till it works)

King902
11-12-2014, 04:50 AM
http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ConfigureView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&catEntryId=621151&quantity=1

Just goto graphics card section and change that to 2GB AMD
Then you have yourself a fast gaming computer with 2 Terabytes of space.
All you need then is a monitor

(If the link says they are improving servers or so,ething just refresh till it works)

$998 for the comp I want? Amazing :0

Brennanber
11-12-2014, 04:51 AM
$998 for the comp I want? Amazing :0

Envy's are pretty damn fast. I have one myself

optimuswhat
11-12-2014, 07:27 AM
Bandicam.
There's ways to get rid of the watermark, one being video editing.