PDA

View Full Version : "Fame"

NeuroT
11-12-2014, 03:19 AM
Sometimes when I read to little kids I ask, "What do you want to be when you grow up? What do you dream of?" Most kids say, "I want to be a famous actor" or "I want to be a famous singer" or "I want to be a famous basketball player." Fame fame fame fame fame!

After a while I started asking, what if you can't be a famous basketball player but can play basketball every single day for the rest of your life and would enjoy it SO much? Would that be cool. The answer would be, "Yeah, I don't know what fame is because I'm 7. My dad is famous to me." That guy at the donut shop enjoys his life because he gets to wake up and make donuts!

What would happen if we stopped making "fame" a goal? When you see someone riding their bike down the road, do you say, "I bet that guy wises he was a famous cyclist." No! You say," there goes someone riding a bike, that's fun." Riding a bike IS fun, like learning how to play an instrument or talking or playing Growtopia! Being part of the experience IS fun. And that's what it's about! Not fame.

(Inspired by Buzz Feed)

BudderMeow
11-12-2014, 03:30 AM
Sometimes when I read to little kids I ask, "What do you want to be when you grow up? What do you dream of?" Most kids say, "I want to be a famous actor" or "I want to be a famous singer" or "I want to be a famous basketball player." Fame fame fame fame fame!

After a while I started asking, what if you can't be a famous basketball player but can play basketball every single day for the rest of your life and would enjoy it SO much? Would that be cool. The answer would be, "Yeah, I don't know what fame is because I'm 7. My dad is famous to me." That guy at the donut shop enjoys his life because he gets to wake up and make donuts!

What would happen if we stopped making "fame" a goal? When you see someone riding their bike down the road, do you say, "I bet that guy wises he was a famous cyclist." No! You say," there goes someone riding a bike, that's fun." Riding a bike IS fun, like learning how to play an instrument or talking or playing Growtopia! Being part of the experience IS fun. And that's what it's about! Not fame.

(Inspired by Buzz Feed)

During the middle of the first paragraph, I noticed it sounded alot like Buzzfeed so I read the last sentence .3.