PDA

View Full Version : I wanna code a game and design it

omae67-gt
11-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Hi all growtopians if @hamumu and @ seth allowed me to copy a game like growtopia and i help them we will be choosing some mods in new game and i need some advices about the programs i should use to code and design can you leave a reply about what coding and designing program i can use ? that is free

RickyGani
11-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Hi all growtopians if @hamumu and @ seth allowed me to copy a game like growtopia and i help them we will be choosing some mods in new game and i need some advices about the programs i should use to code and design can you leave a reply about what coding and designing program i can use ? that is free

They really did?

Btw, why would you copy a game? It's not like you're going to do better than the pros ( Sethmumu) No Offence :hat:

Elusive
11-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Isn't it cool how Seth and Hamumu made this simple and amazing game? So cool that you want to make one too, but trust me, it isn't easy. You will have LOTS of things to worry about and it will just stress the crap out of you, things like money, bugs, hackers, improvements, time.

omae67-gt
11-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Isn't it cool how Seth and Hamumu made this simple and amazing game? So cool that you want to make one too, but trust me, it isn't easy. You will have LOTS of things to worry about and it will just stress the crap out of you, things like money, bugs, hackers, improvements, time.

K i will wait few more years .

Lunastic
11-25-2014, 10:48 PM

ummm....you like to code :poop:? Coding is not that simple as you think maybe... :ninja::ninja:

BLYoshi
11-25-2014, 11:14 PM
You can just make a flappy bird kind of game (simple game) and rack in that money.

Applez
11-26-2014, 12:03 AM
You can just make a flappy bird kind of game (simple game) and rack in that money.

Or a game like mario...

InstaRabbit
11-26-2014, 04:53 AM

*Centuries

optimuswhat
11-26-2014, 05:32 AM
Seeing that you want to be a game developer, I want to show you a game building platform called ROBLOX.

Already, there's millions of games for you to play, and they're all made by users. Call of Duty game? Check! DayZ game? Check! Lots of games, lots of variety.
You might be wondering how people are making these games, with all the fancy GUI's, and neat stuff. ROBLOX uses basic Lua. Yes, you can learn programming with this neat little tool. Program a really good game, and you'll be rewarded greatly.

If a user visits your game, you get 1 ticket, which is an in-game currecy. Nothing much, right? Think again. If you made a really good game, you'd have thousands of users visiting your game each day. That's a lot of tickets! You can use tickets to make your game better, buy things for your character, or buy Game Passes (think micro-transactions) for your favourite games.

If you upgrade to Builders Club, you can get some benefits. Trading hats, purchasing exclusive hats, getting 10 R$ each day (the premium currency, Non-Builders Club can get this, too). You can make & sell shirts, pants, and a whole lot more. You also get a total of 10 game places instead of the usual one. There's also Turbo Builders Club. 25 places, more R$ a day, etc.

Let's skip to Outrageous Builders Club. There's obviously more benefits than BC and TBC, but there's one major feature. You can get paid for making good games. You can trade in 100,000 R$ for $100.00 of real, U.S. Dollars. Basically, you get 1 ticket per visit, and 10 tickets make up 1 Robux. Making your awesome game can be tough, but very rewarded. People have actually been getting tons of cash, and one person is using the cash to pay for his College. Pretty amazing.

Here's a link to ROBLOX: http://www.roblox.com/
Learn Lua, and maybe one day, you can make a game that's probably better than Growtopia! You could also just make Growtopia in ROBLOX. I dunno, it's all up to you.

Oh, I almost forgot...
ROBLOX is FREE. You can make one game per account. You don't need a membership to make a full, great game. Memberships will only allow you to make micro-transactions to your game, badges, and a few other things that won't majorly affect your game.

Seriously, check it out. Learn Lua, and make some great games for the world to enjoy. Make sure to advertise your game!

l0l
11-26-2014, 06:21 AM
Srsly? Sorry, you will need years of practice, to code a game like this. You know how hard is it? You need a team. You definetely CANT use free software for this...

Elusive
11-26-2014, 06:40 AM

Don't postpone, you can use your time now studying or researching about Growtopia, it'd be cool if you seriously could get some tips or help from Seth or Hamumu or just another successful game developer like i did, it's very motivating XD Anyways it's all worth it in the end, if you have dedication and actually have success.