PDA

View Full Version : To continue this guide or nah?

Amethy
11-28-2014, 04:20 AM
Wow. Such spoilers. Much detail. Wow.
Warning! Big wall of texts in here.
I'll plan to put more rules and stuff just tell me whether to continue or nah with a few tips :{3

I believe this thread is necessary for men and women who wish to post or make a thread in this sub-forum.
I have noticed a lot of people who post completely unnecessary, illogical, and things that shouldn't even be posted here.
The wonderful guide of INightmareI's has apparently been un-stickied so I believe that it should be replaced even though I don't believe this is worthy.

Please read this thread for the glory of humanity and for everyone to understand you better.

:excl:THIS THREAD IS STILL IN PRODUCTION! IT HAS BEEN PUBLISHED BUT IT MAY CONTAIN ERRORS. :excl:

Introduction to the Forums

Introduce Yourself
You just started to be in this community, eh? Make a wonderful thread here showing your latest arrival!
Don't know how to make a thread? Just click the +New Thread button and have fun.

All these buttons and things in the make a post thing... What do they do?

I'll try to properly explain it properly okay?
Okay.
When you first start making a thread/post or anything it should look something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/AL3XnE1.png

I'll explain the basic necessities here.
Title: It's where you can input the title of your thread or post. A title is a label or the main idea of your post in which you can properly label it.

The Submit New Thread and Preview Post buttons:
The Submit New Thread button is the button that you click when you wish to submit your thread.
You can still edit it after. The Preview Post Button is used for when you wish to see an example of what your thread will look like before you post it.

Post Icons: Each one can represent on what your post can mean beside the title. Of course you can choose to not add an icon, as it is the default option.

Animated Smileys on the Right: Like every social-media website or any website that encourages to socialize, there are emoticons to represent your emotion and behavior in your post.

The First Row of Buttons

I'll explain each and every button as thoroughly as I can in a left to right manner.
http://i.imgur.com/NTdxhRz.png

A/A or Switch Editor to Source Mode Button: Used as default and it's what your post looks like without the BBcode in effect.
Click again and it does the opposite, it shows what your post looks like with the BBcodes effects in place.
Very useful for making a post filled with a lot of BBcodes like guides.

A/Ax or Remove Format Button : Removes the source format view.

Font Drop Down Button: A button where you can choose from a drop down list filled with fonts you can choose from for your post.

Size Drop Down Button: A button which you can click on to choose what size should your text be.

A Button or Text Color Button: Used to click for you to choose a color of your preference for your post.

Smiley button: A button filled with smileys even though the smileys could be seen to your right.

Paperclip Button: Used to insert attachments. Self-explanatory on how to use it.

Undo/Redo Buttons: Undo/redo the latest action you did in your post.

Second Row of Buttons

http://i.imgur.com/b9CcMZK.png

Bold/ Italic/ Underline buttons: The bold used to make your sentence/phrase or word like this.
The Italic is used to make it like this while the underline like this.

Align Butttons:

All Lines to the Left or Align Left Button:
Makes all your text aligned to the left.
Ex:The red fox
jumped over the lazy fat dog.

All Lines in the Center or Align Center button:
Makes all your text aligned to the center.
Ex:

Yo foxy loxy all red,
jumped ova this
big fat diggity dogs

All Line to the Right or Align Right button:
Makes all your text to the right.
Ex:

Yo, Snoop!
Didja let that big vixie lass jump
ova ya? Dang you nub.

Third Small Row of Buttons in the Third Row of Buttons

The List Buttons:
The numbered one is used to click to make a numbered list.
Ex:
One
Two
Three

The Bullet one makes it like this
One Dot
Two Dot
Three Dot

The Button with the Arrow pointed to the Left means to decrease the indention.

The Button with the Arrow pointed to the Right means to increase the indention.
Like this
The sentence starts from here because I increased the indention.

Link Button and Unlink button : To make a hyperlink or a link to another webpage in a word like this.
Just highlight the word and click on the link button. To unlink highlight the word and click the button.

Tree Button: Insert an image or a gif in your post.

Video Roll Button: Insert a video in your post.

Chat bubble Buttons: Wraps the [.quote] [./quote] tags around text.

Hashtag/HTML/ PHP Button:Wraps your words in
Codes

[PHP]

I won't explain the last row since it's the least used row. It's just a row filled with buttons to make a table like in MS Excel or like those neat signatures.

The Rules and Guidelines of this Forum

The Rules and Guidelines found in this forum are simple and easy to follow.
Spammers will be shot
Don't even think about logging on just to spam us with something. Trying to be tricky by hiding it in your sig isn't going to work, you'll be automatically banned and the spam will never see the light of day.Forum Rules For Normal Humans
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED] will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED], nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED] reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I'll explain it within 5 sections using spoilers. Please note YOU HAVE TO READ IT ALL.

SPAM and Spammers

Spam means:
irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.
trademark
A canned meat produced from ham.

Now, moderators don't mind the canned meat but we detest the first meaning. Many forumers post things highly offtopic (tbh I do it myself too in some threads) and that doesn't usually get an infraction until things start to get hot and unnecessary. Let's take it into an example.

Bob goes to a store. The store clerk shows him the wonderful array of the store. Bob talked with that man and was amazed of this knowledge. After the store clerk leaves, a woman comes along to him and tells him about a restaurant. Then a child comes up to him and says, "The candy store's great!" and runs off. A whole bunch of people then talk to Bob in the store but Bob didn't understand a single thing because all he wants to do is look around the store. Thus he gets spammed by people.

Probably not the best example but it gets the meaning. You shouldn't spam because it's not worth anyone's time. If it's just a post or image of a cat bouncing on a bowling ball then don't even post it, post it in another thread where people will like to see it.
Messaging about a bunch of things to a lot of forumers that is highly degrading, inappropriate, and unnecessary also results in a ban.

Also, after a spammer makes another account after he/she has been banned it will result in a longer ban than unnecessary.
Although it highly depends on the moderator's opinion whether to prolong it or not.

timeer
11-28-2014, 05:12 AM
we appreciate ur efforts but umm we hate school so don't make forums like dis.

well I guess I read ur guides and u taught me how to create a spoiler.....