PDA

View Full Version : Everything wrong with "Maze Runner"

26FtW26
12-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Hello! If you don't know what this thread is about, open the spoiler for explanation:
This is what CinemaSins (look him up on youtube ONLY if you're OK with swearing!) does on his Youtube channel. He posts videos where he takes all the non-logical stuff from a movie and counts all of them. I'm going to do this with "Maze Runner".

Spoilers! (duh.)

1. Okay so when they are sent to to maze their memory is erased. So how can they move properly, communicate... em, do anything they've learnt in their life? Shouldn't they be like new-born babies?

2. They've tried climbing up the walls, yes. The vines may not reach high enough, but why don't they use the *LITERALLY* endless supply of wood they have? Also, the maze walls don't go down if someone's in the maze, right? Well, that would make it even better, considering they are in the maze while being on the walls, if that makes sense. So they could simply walk along the wall to the last wall and then, what, get down with the rope they somehow acquired?

3. If the walls are weak enough to carve into it with knive(s), why don't they just dig their way out? I mean, it'd be easy, considering they have strong tools like machetes...

This is all for now, I am going to update and bump this thread later when I add more. I'm like 1/3 way into the movie :]

iToaster
12-02-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm watching it right now I'm not READIN the spoilers

Boomer
12-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Machetes aren't that strong (they're very flimsy; I know, we have one).

26FtW26
12-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Machetes aren't that strong (they're very flimsy; I know, we have one).

Well they still had some other crap. Why not make like pickaxes or something?

Maryjane
12-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Well they still had some other crap. Why not make like pickaxes or something?

... The best tool they got was a frigin blade meant for chopping up cattle.
._.''

Also they lived in the maze for around 1 year or more. They had to adjust there.
The memory part is explained, since they could remember their names they can also remember speaking simple English conversations.
It's just little but they remember it little by little. (In the books, they didn't know what Cranks are nor shanks, they just made it up)