PDA

View Full Version : Advice.

Tohru
12-11-2014, 01:51 AM
I need advice.

So, my friend was being bullied by someone who is so full of herself. My friend looked like she was going to cry so I stepped in and said "Shut up" to the girl.

She was like, "What, you gonna hit me now? That just proves you both have NO friends."

I gave her my death glare and comforted my friend.

Idk if I made the right choice to speak up or not, because I think she's going to bully me too. What should I do? :panic: :confused:

TheDarkWolf
12-11-2014, 01:55 AM
I need advice.

So, my friend was being bullied by someone who is so full of herself. My friend looked like she was going to cry so I stepped in and said "Shut up" to the girl.

She was like, "What, you gonna hit me now? That just proves you both have NO friends."

Idk if I made the right choice to speak up or not, because I think she's going to bully me too. What should I do? :panic: :confused:

Don't death glare, it doesn't work as well as it does in books.

Anyway, just ignore the person and tell your friend to do the same. And technically you can't have no friends if you're friends with the girl you defended.

raqk
12-11-2014, 01:56 AM

Anyway, just ignore the person and tell your friend to do the same. And technically you can't have no friends if you're friends with the girl you defended.

^

And you should tell an adult, bullying is serious, and if you just let it go she could get worse and bully other people as well.

BudderMeow
12-11-2014, 01:58 AM
I need advice.

Just tell her that the bully's just jealous that she doesn't have a friend like you both do.
Just tell this to the teachers and don't talk back to her because that just means that you're giving the bully what she wants, attention from you.

Zfert
12-11-2014, 02:04 AM
I need advice.

To what I highlighted in:

red: maybe not the smartest choice but it got the job done

orange: One best friend is better than 25 fake ones, that girl is rude

Your death glare is obviously not a high enough level then.

^

And you should tell an adult, bullying is serious, and if you just let it go she could get worse and bully other people as well.

^Yes, do this.^

TheDarkWolf
12-11-2014, 02:05 AM
To what I highlighted in:

red: maybe not the smartest choice but it got the job done

orange: One best friend is better than 25 fake ones, that girl is rude

- - - Updated - - -

Your death glare is obviously not a high enough level then.

- - - Updated - - -

^Yes, do this.^

I don't see how a facial expression can be intimidating. Of course, I go to an all girls school so I might not have had experiences with "death glares" from males, so, yeah.

Tohru
12-11-2014, 02:09 AM
Well, when I do my death glare, it usually worked...Since I had such a lonely past, I've used it ever since kindergarten.

I couldn't just stand there and do nothing. I didn't want my friend to become what I used to be. We've told the guidance counselor and the vice principal, but I'm not sure if they did anything about it.

I actually said those two words and walked away. That's it. I'm not sure if I should ignore her either. She will only try to taunt me or make up a lie to the adults, like someone did it last year.

Zfert
12-11-2014, 02:13 AM
I don't see how a facial expression can be intimidating. Of course, I go to an all girls school so I might not have had experiences with "death glares" from males, so, yeah.
http://glitzandgrammar.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/steve-carrel-death-stare.gif
http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/kanyeweststare.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Well, when I do my death glare, it usually worked...Since I had such a lonely past, I've used it ever since kindergarten.

I couldn't just stand there and do nothing. I didn't want my friend to become what I used to be. We've told the guidance counselor and the vice principal, but I'm not sure if they did anything about it.

I actually said those two words and walked away. That's it. I'm not sure if I should ignore her either. She will only try to taunt me or make up a lie to the adults, like someone did it last year.

Unless she actually lays a hand on you, theres not much you can do.

If she does try to physically harm you, go for a two finger jab in the eyes, palming the ears, a punch on the upper nose, the collar bone, or the jaw. These areas hurt A LOT, and should end a fight quickly with a few hits. It may be scary to think about, and its really unlikely it will ever come to this, but still. You never know.

King902
12-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

Saying shut up is gonna do nothing, but bring hate upon yourself. You should have simply told an adult and gone to your friend afterwards to prevent any unnecessary "happenings". Other than that, I guess it was OK, just not the best thing to do. If ya want to stop the bullying, you got to do it wif kindness. Oh yes and you could have 360 no scoped her across Nuketown 2025.

Tohru
12-11-2014, 02:18 AM
I don't think this would result to violence. It is scary to think about, but I'd rather won't so I won't get in trouble with the adults surveying the school.

She is very short and even as a shortie myself, I am taller than her by a foot. I don't think she'd pick a fight with me, especially when half the students at school are afraid of me for some reason.

EDIT:

@King902

I have plenty of hate. I am like the collector of hate, because people hate me so much because they're jealous of my grades. Either that or...

Anyway, I don't really want to care. I don't feel like fighting back, but I have to in order to make my family proud. BTW, they don't know about this. They would get angry because I stood up for myself and possibly make enemies.

King902
12-11-2014, 02:21 AM
I don't think this would result to violence. It is scary to think about, but I'd rather won't so I won't get in trouble with the adults surveying the school.

She is very short and even as a shortie myself, I am taller than her by a foot. I don't think she'd pick a fight with me, especially when half the students at school are afraid of me for some reason.

EDIT:

@King902

I have plenty of hate. I am like the collector of hate, because people hate me so much because they're jealous of my grades. Either that or...

Anyway, I don't really want to care. I don't feel like fighting back, but I have to in order to make my family proud. BTW, they don't know about this. They would get angry because I stood up for myself and possibly make enemies.

Wow. Warrior princees.

Zfert
12-11-2014, 02:23 AM

I know, but still, you never know. The chances are 1/10,000, but be careful around her.

We had this short kid in my school who im going to dub with the fake name of Clyde

Clyde absolutely hated my friend, got in 3 fights with him. Beat up my friend all 3 times. Clyde was like a foot shorter than my friend at the time. All we do is laugh about it now.

Let your school do what they can, and you take care of your friends, and soon it will all just be another funny joke.

- - - Updated - - -

@King902

I need to get you a pair of these

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/wh34IiBIdmEuVYANKLt4s3ZMy4E=/1020x0/cdn3.vox-cdn.com/entry_photo_images/10276130/tumblr_n8rahwCBic1qav3uso3_1280.png

Tohru
12-11-2014, 02:24 AM
I appreciate your help, guys.

I sorta panicked when I said that. I never said shut up to any of my peers before (that I know from school, haha).

SuperJ
12-11-2014, 02:42 AM
After she said that you should have slapped her. That would have should her your not afraid. Do it the Hades way :cool:

TheDarkWolf
12-11-2014, 05:49 AM
http://glitzandgrammar.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/steve-carrel-death-stare.gif
http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/kanyeweststare.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Unless she actually lays a hand on you, theres not much you can do.

If she does try to physically harm you, go for a two finger jab in the eyes, palming the ears, a punch on the upper nose, the collar bone, or the jaw. These areas hurt A LOT, and should end a fight quickly with a few hits. It may be scary to think about, and its really unlikely it will ever come to this, but still. You never know.

You made me stare at that for 1 whole minute.

Amiable
12-11-2014, 05:57 AM
Give her a hard slap. :whistling:

l0l
12-11-2014, 06:53 AM
I need advice.

Idk about you, girls, but I had like EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM, so the guy who was bullying me (not a girl) called me to 1v1.. I won. Maybe try this? :D

Amiable
12-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Idk about you, girls, but I had like EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM, so the guy who was bullying me (not a girl) called me to 1v1.. I won. Maybe try this? :D
Off-topic: What's that game in your signature? CS Portable?

Mahmoud
12-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Well you did the right thing and protected your friend from a bully..
I think you should tell some one is old enough about this so he can solve it if not the um just bash her..

Tohru
12-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks guys. I would like to have non-violence advice (besides telling an adult, we did already).

l0l
12-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Off-topic: What's that game in your signature? CS Portable?

Counter strike 1.6 :3

Killerforlife
12-11-2014, 12:50 PM
My advice for you is to honestly tell a Teacher or an adult, Bullying never ends unless you put an end to it. A bully's mind only concentrates on one thing... Pain to others. People just let bullying slip past them and endure it, Why? And why should you? For the sake of yourself AND your friend you have to tell an adult. Put bullying where it belongs. You see bullies only bully because they think they can get away with it, Never let them get away with it. Teachers/Adults can help you... So don't be nervous to tell them.

26FtW26
12-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Try every insult you know, if any of em don't work... confess with a professional.

craft3d
12-11-2014, 03:58 PM
I need advice.

Bruh I'd just Falcon Punch her across the room.

Boomer
12-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Ya, "shut up" works. If she starts up again, then attack her about her size.

Tohru
12-11-2014, 08:16 PM
I prefer friendly ways to stop. She kept staring at me, I think she has something in plan for me...

TheDarkWolf
12-11-2014, 11:56 PM
I prefer friendly ways to stop. She kept staring at me, I think she has something in plan for me...

Tell the principal. Pretend to be sad and disappointed and tell him/her that "It's really bothering me."

Spotlight
12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Thank you for stepping in and speaking up. You saved your friend from harm. We definitely need more people like you. (No sarcasm) ^_^

Brennanber
12-12-2014, 04:50 AM
I need advice.

Depending on your grade you can do different things. If its elementary or middle school (which it sounds like because of how lame that offence was) just go "snitch" (as they'll call it) and make sure she knows just to make her mad.

In highschool teachers that have been there long enough wont really care if there is some minor harrassment. at that point you can sock that peep and 7/10 of the times this happens you get no penalty whatsoever. If you do you will get one day of saturday school if you just explain what they've done to deserve it.