PDA

View Full Version : I'll be on GrowtopianHub more often now.

Amiable
12-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Too strict here. :sweatdrop:

kthxbye

Amd
12-12-2014, 09:51 PM

kthxbye

Maybee I should too....

_Lennart_
12-12-2014, 10:01 PM

kthxbye

Your using a samsung too eh?

Anyway, ciao

Boomer
12-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Solo hasn't cracked any code. "Ship" means to make a fan-fic about something, amiright?

Amiable
12-13-2014, 08:04 AM
Solo hasn't cracked any code. "Ship" means to make a fan-fic about something, amiright?
Yes, you're right. I don't even know what she was thinking when she handed me the infraction. EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read what you said at the end. I only read the first sentence. :crazy:

WindyLink560
12-13-2014, 08:10 AM
"I ship it"? What the heck. That's not even rude/offensive.

If your take a non-rude comment and call it rude, then that is at a strict level higher than I've ever seen before in my lifetime. :sweatdrop:

I think solorien might've thought that when you said "ship" you were saying "sh*t". A lot of people immediatly think of rude language when it comes to the Internet. I can't blame her.

Amiable
12-13-2014, 08:23 AM

If your take a non-rude comment and call it rude, then that is at a strict level higher than I've ever seen before in my lifetime. :sweatdrop:

I think solorien might've thought that when you said "ship" you were saying "sh*t". A lot of people immediatly think of rude language when it comes to the Internet. I can't blame her.
I'm so mad for an offense that I didn't commit. :whistling:

Amiable
12-14-2014, 05:54 AM

Bumpity bump. =)

Zfert
12-14-2014, 06:19 AM
This is it

The death of all fanfic writers

"Shipping" means to pair two people together. That means relationship wise, not the other thing

Brennanber
12-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Ive probably swore about a hundred times and not a single infraction yet. probably some dartboard throwing at soloriens office...

Amiable
12-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Ive probably swore about a hundred times and not a single infraction yet. probably some dartboard throwing at soloriens office...
I thought Solorien works at home. o-o

l0l
12-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Wise choice:prophet:
Lel.
But I think this was very unfair.

Amiable
12-14-2014, 09:28 AM
Wise choice:prophet:
Lel.
But I think this was very unfair.
Yeah, but I doubt Solorien would actually remove the infraction.

GummiBear64
12-14-2014, 11:29 AM
I've cracked the code too.

Beautiful Solorien. She could've taken that as bs which we all know what that means.
Then you replied saying I ship that which she may have thought that meant something along the lines of I agree.

See where I'm heading?
I'm betting BLYoshi also got an infraction.

Solorien
12-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Oh, you guys are adorable.

You all made it more than obvious what you meant by the word "ship" with your extremely graphic and inappropriate fan-fic.

Your grammatical phrasing and the context within which you used the normally inoffensive sentence "I ship it" made it offensive. You received an infraction for the graphic meaning you INTENDED. I know you thought you would get away with it but that's because you thought that

B) I'm dumber than I really am

and

S) You're sneakier than you really are.

No, I will not be removing your well earned infraction. If you want to be "edgy" and discuss things that aren't appropriate for these forums, I strongly suggest you take it somewhere else. Because I will continue to give infractions for people who can't follow the rules here. It's my job.

<3
Beautiful Solorien

Amiable
12-14-2014, 06:48 PM

You all made it more than obvious what you meant by the word "ship" with your extremely graphic and inappropriate fan-fic.

Your grammatical phrasing and the context within which you used the normally inoffensive sentence "I ship it" made it offensive. You received an infraction for the graphic meaning you INTENDED. I know you thought you would get away with it but that's because you thought that

and

No, I will not be removing your well earned infraction. If you want to be "edgy" and discuss things that aren't appropriate for these forums, I strongly suggest you take it somewhere else. Because I will continue to give infractions for people who can't follow the rules here. It's my job.

<3
Beautiful Solorien
Here's the definition of "Shipping", just in-case you don't know it's ACTUAL meaning. It's in the spoiler below if you'd like to see it:
Shipping, derived from the word relationship or friendship, is the desire for two people, often fictional, to be in a relationship, romantic or otherwise. It is considered a general term for fans' emotional involvement with the ongoing development of a relationship in a work of fiction. Though technically applicable to any such involvement, it refers chiefly to various related social dynamics observable on the Internet, and is seldom used outside of that context. The methods of shipping can include creating images of two characters a fan wishes to be shown in a close relationship with one another or writing fan fiction stories on web-based boards in this same context.

Fans can write fan fiction to create, support, or recreate a shipping between two characters. Shipping can involve virtually any kind of relationship: from the well-known and established, to the ambiguous or those undergoing development, and even to the highly improbable or blatantly impossible.

There is also something called "friendshipping", or a "BrOTP" (a portmanteau of the terms bromance and one true pairing). When a person friendships two characters, they essentially want them to be friends. This usually implies that they are against any romantic relationship between the said characters. However, "shipping" in and of itself means any relationship, so these terms can be said to be redundant.

Anime/manga communities, shipping is more commonly referred to as pairing(s); in Filipino pop culture, it is frequently called loveteam(s). In East Asian contexts, the practice is also referred to as coupling or CP.

Just because you've seen the word "shipping", it does NOT refer to the highly inappropriate fan-fictions created.
There is a clear line between a shipping fan-fiction and erotic fan-fictions (which that is the one that contains " 'my' extremely graphic and inappropriate fan-fic."
I've never made any erotic fan-fictions in the RTSoft forum till now, nor shall I intend risking a ban which will most likely happen. Your statement is invalid about you accusing me of making an inappropriate fan-fiction.

You received an infraction for the graphic meaning you INTENDED. I know you thought you would get away with it but that's because you thought that]
I received an unnecassary infraction over a misunderstanding because YOU assumed that shipping meant "extremely graphic and inappropriate fan-fic."

If you assumed that (This is modified from your post, replacing the you's, you're's and your's.)
I think that I thought I would get away with it but that's because I thought that:

B) You're dumber than you really am

and

S) I'm sneakier than I really am.

Then you're clearly incorrect.

There was no "code" to crack at all.
I don't see how am I being "edgy", I was simply joking around with Boomer.
It was a blatant mistake by you who misintepreted my words.
I did not know that it'll make you think that "I ship it/Shipping" means that it's those inappropriate fan-fictions that were once here, no one did. Mostly everyone knew the actual meaning here.

I will continue to defend myself for an offense that I didn't commit. =)

atwistoffate
12-14-2014, 07:02 PM
oohhhhhh this is getting GOOD! What will Solorien say next?

Amiable
12-14-2014, 07:15 PM
oohhhhhh this is getting GOOD! What will Solorien say next?
http://www.woohome.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bucket-of-popcorn.jpg
For you, sweetpea.

Now she's looking at my ip, probably. :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

This is it

The death of all fanfic writers

"Shipping" means to pair two people together. That means relationship wise, not the other thing
Exactly, there was a huge misinterpretion.

_Lennart_
12-14-2014, 07:33 PM
http://www.woohome.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bucket-of-popcorn.jpg
For you, sweetpea.

Now she's looking at my ip, probably. :eek:

Oh god, who bothered Putting all that corn into a microwave

You couldve made Corn stuff out of that

Anyway, i believe this Will turn into a small drama then get closed

Solorien
12-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Just because you've seen the word "shipping", it does NOT refer to the highly inappropriate fan-fictions created.
There is a clear line between a shipping fan-fiction and erotic fan-fictions (which that is the one that contains " 'my' extremely graphic and inappropriate fan-fic."
I've never made any erotic fan-fictions in the RTSoft forum till now, nor shall I intend risking a ban which will most likely happen. Your statement is invalid about you accusing me of making an inappropriate fan-fiction.

I guess your real issue is with the people who used their inappropriate context to change the meaning of the word on our forums. It has been clearly connected to the inappropriate fan-fic and it will not be allowed in the Growtopia forums for that reason.

Amiable
12-14-2014, 07:41 PM
I guess your real issue is with the people who used their inappropriate context to change the meaning of the word on our forums. It has been clearly connected to the inappropriate fan-fic and it will not be allowed in the Growtopia forums for that reason.
Fair point (I'm referring to your first sentence). Please explain on how it is connected to the inappropriate fan-fictions, I'd like to resolve this asap.

Thanks for the early Christmas/Birthday gift.

Solorien
12-14-2014, 07:46 PM
The only use of the word on the Growtopia forums was within the context of graphically sexual fan-fic. The connection was made that way. Now, when people on those forums see that word they associate it with the use established by those fan-fic writers. This is how language evolves. Or, in this case, devolves. It's the same reason why "ain't" and "lol" can be found in dictionaries.

Syberg
12-14-2014, 07:47 PM
I really support Amiable about this. Personaly I am fan-fictions writer (not growtopia related) and I have a circle of peoples around me who use word "shipping" as just pairing two peoples, it doesn't mean that those peoples need to be lovers or something like that, it could be comrades as well. If you say that "shipping" someone is not appropriate, then all fan-made stories are not appropriate too? If someone writes amazing story about Hamumu and Seth "shipped" as comrades you would call it "not appropriate" as well? Sorry, but this time the discussion really has no point at all!

Amiable
12-14-2014, 07:49 PM
The only use of the word on the Growtopia forums was within the context of graphically sexual fan-fic. The connection was made that way. Now, when people on those forums see that word they associate it with the use established by those fan-fic writers. This is how language evolves. Or, in this case, devolves. It's the same reason why "ain't" and "lol" can be found in dictionaries.
It was widely used here before the mini-trend that Phanton started. Thanks for pointing that out and the early Christmas/Birthday present.

Requesting for a thread closure if possible. =)

Solorien
12-14-2014, 07:51 PM
I really support Amiable about this. Personaly I am fan-fictions writer (not growtopia related) and I have a circle of peoples around me who use word "shipping" as just pairing two peoples, it doesn't mean that those peoples need to be lovers or something like that, it could be comrades as well. If you say that "shipping" someone is not appropriate, then all fan-made stories are not appropriate too? If someone writes amazing story about Hamumu and Seth "shipped" as comrades you would call it "not appropriate" as well? Sorry, but this time the discussion really has no point at all!

My issue isn't with the definition of the word "shipped" as it is used generally (according to the information amiable provided earlier). My issue is with how it was used ON OUR FORUMS. It was 100% used to indicate sexual content. So the definition of the term as it is known on our forums by players who are not part of the fan-fic world, having only read the fan-fic posted (and now deleted) on our forums, is not the same as the definition understood by you. My responsibility is the forums, not the general fan-fic world.

Syberg
12-14-2014, 07:52 PM

It is your opinion that people now think about not appropriate things when they see word "shipping", but maybe your opinion is wrong? Personaly I never think of any kind of not appropriate pairings when I see that word, I am not saying that it is legal for everyone, but as long as it is not added to dictionary as "not appropriate pairing for people" your point is invalid in my opinion.

Solorien
12-14-2014, 07:55 PM
It is your opinion that people now think about not appropriate things when they see word "shipping", but maybe your opinion is wrong? Personaly I never think of any kind of not appropriate pairings when I see that word, I am not saying that it is legal for everyone, but as long as it is not added to dictionary as "not appropriate pairing for people" your point is invalid in my opinion.

It's my job to deal with irate parents when they contact us because their little darlings were exposed to something sexual on our forums. Sexual content is an area where we have a near-zero tolerance policy because it's not just about things parents don't want their kids to see... it's about the law.

You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

iiFarmGT
12-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Hi I like drama about a mod and someone

I'm on the "someone" side

I cruise boat myself

Solorien
12-14-2014, 07:57 PM
I think I've said all I have to say about this. I'm not going to continue arguing about it. Have a lovely day, all.

iiFarmGT
12-14-2014, 07:58 PM
It's my job to deal with irate parents when they contact us because their little darlings were exposed to something sexual on our forums. Sexual content is an area where we have a near-zero tolerance policy because it's not just about things parents don't want their kids to see... it's about the law.

You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

Ok. What if someone says something that is sexual or rude but doesn't say the real word e.g. This is :poop:

Or I sh!p dis

Of course I'm using this as an example and I don't mean it.

Syberg
12-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Well, what I was trying to make clear is that unless there are rule about "not using word ship or any forms of it as it may cause weird thoughts for forumers" I really don't think you should give infractions for using this word... But well, after all it is you who decides what is the truth.

CoolDrew
12-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Hey Amiable - I don't have anything to do with this but I feel like I should give you a word of advice. When someone of higher authority than you (in this case a moderator) gives you a punishment and you feel like you didn't do anything wrong to deserve it, do not try to prove yourself right publicly (in this case posting a public thread) -- you will only make it far worse. But talk to him/her privately so you can solve the matter. Not only in a forum, but anywhere... school, work, etc.

Sidewynder
12-14-2014, 09:31 PM

Um. Excuse me Ms. Solorien. Where the hell was this "the only use of the word was the connection within the context that the word is normally used" when I was given a BS infraction for saying "prick" that I clearly spoke out about? I'd really appreciate an answer.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Amiable - I don't have anything to do with this but I feel like I should give you a word of advice. When someone of higher authority than you (in this case a moderator) gives you a punishment and you feel like you didn't do anything wrong to deserve it, do not try to prove yourself right publicly (in this case posting a public thread) -- you will only make it far worse. But talk to him/her privately so you can solve the matter. Not only in a forum, but anywhere... school, work, etc.

You only said this because it was Solorien. We're not afraid of her anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

It's my job to deal with irate parents when they contact us because their little darlings were exposed to something sexual on our forums.

Where the hell was this when I said "I will cut you Kk." when I notified everyone of the user pretending to rape my sister? I'd really appreciate an answer.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've said all I have to say about this. I'm not going to continue arguing about it. Have a lovely day, all.

I think you just have an issue with admitting that you messed up. It's okay. We all do it. (:

optimuswhat
12-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if one day, GTHub became more popular than RTSoft?
Eh, wishful thinking.

http://growtopianhub.boards.net/ is the link, if anyone is curious.
Invite your friends, too.

I'd like to add that the first few entries of "ship" in Urban Dictionary don't even have any implication of anything sexual. Remember, those are the highest voted as well.
Basically, this was happened because of lack of information, which doesn't reflect well.

FreeSamples
12-14-2014, 09:53 PM
all i have to say is.. wow

Xat
12-14-2014, 10:05 PM
This is the best thread I have seen in a while...

Solorien
12-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Well, what I was trying to make clear is that unless there are rule about "not using word ship or any forms of it as it may cause weird thoughts for forumers" I really don't think you should give infractions for using this word... But well, after all it is you who decides what is the truth.

No, sorry. Just because we don't have a rule specifically stating that you can't tell someone that you are going to show up at their house wearing a clown costume and beat their dog to death doesn't mean that it is allowed. General rules are in place that can be used to make decisions about specific situations. The stated rule is that sexual content is not allowed. When people use non-sexual words to convey sexual meaning, we are required to take action. As I stated before, it's about the context.

It's obvious that several of you disagree about the rules on our forums. That's find. You are welcome to continue the discussion. However, I am not going to discuss this particular situation anymore.

Um. Excuse me Ms. Solorien. Where the hell was this "the only use of the word was the connection within the context that the word is normally used" when I was given a BS infraction for saying "prick" that I clearly spoke out about? I'd really appreciate an answer.

I don't know what you are referring to. You're welcome to PM me with more information and I'll try to explain.

You only said this because it was Solorien. We're not afraid of her anymore.

Yeah... nobody ever was afraid of me. People joke about being afraid of me, but it's not really a thing.

Where the hell was this when I said "I will cut you Kk." when I notified everyone of the user pretending to rape my sister? I'd really appreciate an answer.

I believe the issue there was that you publicly posted a threat of violence. That's against the rules. You do not get to break a rule just because someone else is breaking a rule. Did you report these things that were said about your sister to the support desk or to a mod? If we saw it or if it was reported to us, the person who said such a thing got an infraction or, more likely with that kind of thing, a ban.

I think you just have an issue with admitting that you messed up. It's okay. We all do it. (:

Actually, I have admitted I was wrong and removed infractions several times. When I've made a mistake, I make sure to undo it and apologize as soon as I realize it. There are several forumers who could vouch for that, as they have been recipients of PMs notifying them that I have reversed a punishment and apologizing for the inconvenience. It's just not happening here because even after this discussion I still feel that Amiable crossed a line. The fact that she thought it was funny doesn't change the fact that she posted something that violated the rules of our forum. It's lead to some interesting discussion here about context and meaning, but I still feel that her intention was to cross a line. Therefore, I'm not going to remove the infraction. As I said earlier, I'm done talking about it publicly as well. There's nothing more I have to add. At this point, I'm just repeating myself for people who didn't bother to read my previous posts, so I'm moving on to other aspects of my job.

Xat
12-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Solorien, just lock the thread!! People will just keep arguing

Solorien
12-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Nope. Disagreeing with me, while I personally might find it irritating, is not against the rules. As long as everyone is remaining civil, I have no reason to close the thread.

Despite what people who have gotten in trouble might SAY about me... I don't actually have a problem with people disagreeing with me.

Drearys
12-15-2014, 01:59 AM
I'm disagreeing with Solo on this one... She brings on some points but overall I see the infraction as justified and overall unclear...

Read all comments... One of the most interesting threads I've read in a long time...

People are being civil! Usually threads like this lead to restlessness!

Oh how the grow-community has evolved!

Amiable
12-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Actually, I have admitted I was wrong and removed infractions several times. When I've made a mistake, I make sure to undo it and apologize as soon as I realize it. There are several forumers who could vouch for that, as they have been recipients of PMs notifying them that I have reversed a punishment and apologizing for the inconvenience. It's just not happening here because even after this discussion I still feel that Amiable crossed a line. The fact that she thought it was funny doesn't change the fact that she posted something that violated the rules of our forum. It's lead to some interesting discussion here about context and meaning, but I still feel that her intention was to cross a line. Therefore, I'm not going to remove the infraction. As I said earlier, I'm done talking about it publicly as well. There's nothing more I have to add. At this point, I'm just repeating myself for people who didn't bother to read my previous posts, so I'm moving on to other aspects of my job.
I've posted, which I've stated countless of times, a word which does not refer to sexually oriented fan-fictions. As you're a moderator, you're expected to do your job professionally since you're representing RTSoft Technologies. I've copied and pasted the Forum Rules in the spoiler down below, certain portions have been removed as it isn't related to the topic. For those who wants to see the entire thing, log out and hit register where you can see it before accepting the Terms and Conditions.

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED] will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED], nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED] reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

My issue isn't with the definition of the word "shipped" as it is used generally (according to the information amiable provided earlier). My issue is with how it was used ON OUR FORUMS. It was 100% used to indicate sexual content. So the definition of the term as it is known on our forums by players who are not part of the fan-fic world, having only read the fan-fic posted (and now deleted) on our forums, is not the same as the definition understood by you. My responsibility is the forums, not the general fan-fic world.
It wasn't entirely "100%" used to indicate, state nor imply erotic fan-fictions here. If you need more examples here, I'll gladly show you. Here's a thread that AntoDecay made regarding the unnecassary infraction that I've received:
http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?141928-To-quot-Ship-quot&highlight=ship

There were tons of shipping before the highly inappropriate amount of fan-fictions trend started, I can get a few forumers to vouch for that.

The same definition understood by "me" is understood by almost everyone here as I've stated previously before.

Your job as a moderator is to enforce the rules professionally. The rules on the RTsoft forum clearly state that obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws aren't allowed.

It was YOUR mistake to simply assume that I was referring to the highly inappropriate/erotic fan-fictions. This is the internet nonetheless, the definition of the word clearly states that it is derived from relationship or friendship.

You assumed that the word refers to erotic fan-fictions.

You went out out of line giving me an infraction which was unnecessary without doing some research or searching up the definition of the word, simply assuming that the word "I ship it" or "Shipping" refers to the inappropriate fan-fictions created here.

The source for the defition of "Shipping" I've provided in my other post is here (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping_%28fandom%29) if you had any doubts with the source of infomation I've provided you earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm disagreeing with Solo on this one... She brings on some points but overall I see the infraction as justified and overall unclear...

Read all comments... One of the most interesting threads I've read in a long time...

:whistling: Is it really that interesting to you? :rolleyes:

_Lennart_
12-15-2014, 12:30 PM
I've posted, which I've stated countless of times, a word which does not refer to sexually oriented fan-fictions. As you're a moderator, you're expected to do your job professionally since you're representing RTSoft Technologies. I've copied and pasted the Forum Rules in the spoiler down below, certain portions have been removed as it isn't related to the topic. For those who wants to see the entire thing, log out and hit register where you can see it before accepting the Terms and Conditions.

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED] will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED], nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED] reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

[LIST] It wasn't entirely "100%" used to indicate, state nor imply erotic fan-fictions here. If you need more examples here, I'll gladly show you. Here's a thread that AntoDecay made regarding the unnecassary infraction that I've received:
http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?141928-To-quot-Ship-quot&highlight=ship

There were tons of shipping before the highly inappropriate amount of fan-fictions trend started, I can get a few forumers to vouch for that.

The same definition understood by "me" is understood by almost everyone here as I've stated previously before.

Im just deleting half the quote, it is just too long

She also Said she wasen't going to argue anymore :whistling:

(Original post)

But as i can see, this still hasn't stopped

Yet

Until it closes

Amiable
12-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Im just deleting half the quote, it is just too long

She also Said she wasen't going to argue anymore :whistling:

(Original post)

But as i can see, this still hasn't stopped

Yet

Until it closes
I'm speaking up for myself.

_Lennart_
12-15-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm speaking up for myself.

Nono, i wasn't talking bout you

EVEN if i quoted you, i was talking that solorien still hasn't stopped commenting here EVEN if she Said she would

BLYoshi
12-15-2014, 01:06 PM
I've cracked the code too.

Beautiful Solorien. She could've taken that as bs which we all know what that means.
Then you replied saying I ship that which she may have thought that meant something along the lines of I agree.

See where I'm heading?
I'm betting BLYoshi also got an infraction.

No. I did not get an infraction.

I actually never posted that message in the first place... My original post said "Beautiful Post @Solorien". Amaiable changed it to "Beautiful Solorien", and gave it a whole different meaning. Nah, I'm not secretly in love with Hamumu's wife..

GummiBear64
12-15-2014, 01:22 PM

I actually never posted that message in the first place... My original post said "Beautiful Post @Solorien". Amaiable changed it to "Beautiful Solorien", and gave it a whole different meaning. Nah, I'm not secretly in love with Hamumu's wife..

Oh, you stole the spotlight. ;-;
I wanted to be the worlds second greatest detective. ;-;

GTDanielD
12-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Actually, I DO find Amiable's post WORTHY of getting an infraction.

I mean, it does NOT matter whatever the meaning of ship IS. You're OBVIOUSLY referring to the term ship which has a sexual meaning. (Which is NOT allowed in here) And if you're wondering HOW obvious it is, I'd have to say, SO much. If someone's gonna think CRITICALLY about Amiable's post, y'all would eventually know what kind of ship he's talking about because of the way he USED that word.

I'd got NO idea about how y'all can agree on Amiable, even though he's OBVIOUSLY wrong. Is it because y'all like Amiable's fanfic? Maybe.

And for THOSE who'll say I'm just saying this because I'm on Solorien's side, you are CORRECT. BUT, why do you think I am on her side? Not because she's a Moderator/wife of a developer, but because I know she's CORRECT.

I'm wishing this doesn't lead to drama.

_Lennart_
12-16-2014, 10:39 AM

I mean, it does NOT matter whatever the meaning of ship IS. You're OBVIOUSLY referring to the term ship which has a sexual meaning. (Which is NOT allowed in here) And if you're wondering HOW obvious it is, I'd have to say, SO much. If someone's gonna think CRITICALLY about Amiable's post, y'all would eventually know what kind of ship he's talking about because of the way he USED that word.

I'd got NO idea about how y'all can agree on Amiable, even though he's OBVIOUSLY wrong. Is it because y'all like Amiable's fanfic? Maybe.

And for THOSE who'll say I'm just saying this because I'm on Solorien's side, you are CORRECT. BUT, why do you think I am on her side? Not because she's a Moderator/wife of a developer, but because I know she's CORRECT.

It just stopped, she got cursed

Btw amiable is a girl, i just wanted to say it, ik how frustratating it is for someone to think your the opposite gender

amebapiz
12-16-2014, 11:02 AM
*adds to my dictionary

Spotlight
12-17-2014, 01:09 AM

and

<3
Beautiful Solorien

Yo, contrary to popular belief but you can't change the definition of a word with a fanfiction.

syrup
12-17-2014, 01:26 AM
where's my infraction.

syrup-x-syrup (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?137677-syrup-x-syrup-fanfiction-18-EXPLICT-GORE-NSFW&highlight=NSFW)

just joking

note to self do not joke about this

but seriously pls no ban

lolgal96
12-18-2014, 08:07 AM

Sorry if I'm bumping, but

omg

SOLORIEN JUST WON THE FORUMS

- - - Updated - - -

just a reminder guys

solorien won

Amiable
12-18-2014, 03:27 PM

It does not matter whatever the word "ship" means? You
cray cray. A word is there for a meaning to refer to something.

TL;DR
Research is necessary before starting a debate.

Lastly,
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpbfgmujg91qfc1wv.gif

Megazork
12-18-2014, 03:36 PM
I seriously think you cannot base your infractions off the "possible" implications of a word/phrase said.

Spotlight
12-19-2014, 05:50 AM
I seriously think you cannot base your infractions off the "possible" implications of a word/phrase said.

Omg this is gold.

Maryjane
12-19-2014, 06:14 AM
If the word "ship" "otp" and all pairings are considered "sexual" and "harassment" then I'm off this forums.

Solorien's silly implication of it being a swear word is silly and unethical. It's not even the correct meaning ._. .

GummiBear64
12-19-2014, 06:16 AM
Wait, so if I were to say "that ship is sailing," would I get an infraction?

(No hate, I just don't know if she stated something 'bout it depending on the context it is written in.)

WindyLink560
12-23-2014, 04:36 AM

^^^^ this helps me understand. I agree with Solorien.

Brennanber
12-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Wait, so if I were to say "that ship is sailing," would I get an infraction?

(No hate, I just don't know if she stated something 'bout it depending on the context it is written in.)

No infraction. But if you rewrote fifty shades of grey into a growtopia fanfic then yea you probably would. Sadly people are just throwing away soloriens argument and replying as if they have a ground to stand on.

If I were solorien I wouldve banned everyone on this thread (probably including me as I didnt even read the fanfic before posting) I dont think seth and hamumu would really mind. Getting rid of people who dont read yet choose to write seems like it would be a step in the right direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Yo, contrary to popular belief but you can't change the definition of a word with a fanfiction.

Ever read a poem? Do you know what context is? If not then you know where this is going.

- - - Updated - - -

If its unlcear punishment would still be alright, its not life or death. Its the ability for a fanfic writer to write unclearly sexual content on a forum. If he cant post here then thats the moderators decision, he can still post this stuff just not on the growtopia forums

- - - Updated - - -

Nah but you can on the "likely" implications of a word.

BlaZinG
12-23-2014, 07:14 AM

and

<3
Beautiful Solorien

You want everything to be nice, you try to discipline everyone, it won't be happy forever, in fact, you're the one causing the gloom here, I can't say you should leave, because, well, you're the wife of one off or Devs, so Solorien, no offense but could you please just lighten up, all of the infractions you're giving out is bs... I'm pretty sure some people agree with me here, heck you should actually try getting an infraction for every single "rude" word you say like maybe "get rekt"

Actually, please tell me how the term "get rekt" is rude?

Telman
12-23-2014, 07:17 AM
You want everything to be nice, you try to discipline everyone, it won't be happy forever, in fact, you're the one causing the gloom here, I can't say you should leave, because, well, you're the wife of one off or Devs, so Solorien, no offense but could you please just lighten up, all of the infractions you're giving out is bs... I'm pretty sure some people agree with me here, heck you should actually try getting an infraction for every single "rude" word you say like maybe "get rekt"

Don't worry, the infraction you get, will be given correctly.

amebapiz
12-23-2014, 07:21 AM

Well performed speech.

Telman
12-23-2014, 07:22 AM

and

<3
Beautiful Solorien
Your argument is invalid, as you're only assuming through what has been said, instead of using solid facts.

Brennanber
12-23-2014, 08:08 AM

Are you serious? Shes causing the gloom? Aimable made a thread throwing a hissyfit over an infraction. Solorien tells aimable why hes wrong. Aimable complains more, then solorien refuses to fight. Then you say solorien is causing a gloom? You are under the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Your argument is invalid, as you're only assuming through what has been said, instead of using solid facts.

Thats like me saying you're an idiot. It is not a fact, it never will be proven. But it provides something more reasonable than anything you've just said.

Spotlight
12-23-2014, 08:41 AM
Are you serious? Shes causing the gloom? Aimable made a thread throwing a hissyfit over an infraction. Solorien tells aimable why hes wrong. Aimable complains more, then solorien refuses to fight. Then you say solorien is causing a gloom? You are under the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats like me saying you're an idiot. It is not a fact, it never will be proven. But it provides something more reasonable than anything you've just said.

Me - "I ship Dean and Cas"
Dude -"THAT MEANS U WANT THEM TO DO THE DO, UR GET AN INFRACTION"

Vampireboy000
12-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Guys shhh you do not argue with teachers,seth himself said it in one of his "seth answers your questions"

You do not mess with teachers
I put it in the quote thing but he said it in his seth answers your questions :P

Brys
12-23-2014, 05:27 PM

and

<3
Beautiful Solorien

Drinking Ginger Ale while drinking this. This is statement is complete crap.