PDA

View Full Version : Roblox VS Growtopia!

Mahmoud
01-01-2015, 02:19 AM
This game is easy.
if you played Roblox and Growtopia then reply down below something bad that Growtopia have and Roblox doesn't and Something good that Roblox have and Growtopia doesn't and the opposite is true!
Go?

optimuswhat
01-01-2015, 02:28 AM
You're comparing two completely different things to each other...?
ROBLOX is a game development platform with MMO aspects thrown in.
Growtopia is a MMO where you build stuff and work towards (personal) challenges.

This thread is going to be full of bias remarks. This is pretty much like comparing ROBLOX to Minecraft. They're not the same, but people still compare them. Baffling!

Most of these replies are just hating on ROBLOX! Where did the "game" aspect go? Some of these reasons are totally invalid, too.

26FtW26
01-01-2015, 02:30 AM
Growtopia - An amazing community with people of all ages
Roblox - Very, very profitable................... for the developers -_-

ArticSoul_GT
01-01-2015, 02:31 AM
Growtopia has the element of working to get your items,
While Roblox you can spawn in anything you like.

Growtopia is 2D and Roblox is 3D.

Growtopia's clothing is way more complex with many item's
Roblox just has the plain 2d pasted clothing on the character.

I honestly don't know which is better though.
I love them both allot (I haven't played Roblox in like month's though)

AtherGade
01-01-2015, 02:34 AM
The Bindings of Isaac - Rebirth.

Mr.Hankey
01-01-2015, 02:35 AM
Growtopia- Better community, better developers, better moderators, better gameplay.
Roblox-Hat collecting. That's it lol

Megazork
01-01-2015, 02:37 AM
You can get banned for nearly anything, there is an excessive amount of game moderators that can ban you if you even look at them wrong. Little children on the game start fights over the littlest things.

Person 1- I need help on this obby!!
Person 2- Just make this jump :D
Person 1-Thanks!
Person 3- Omg wow, you @#$%@&# noob. This obby is so easy. You just suck! Your grammar sucks too like your mom!!111

Roblox is a hell hole with monkeys running loose, be thankful of our community.

Mr.Hankey
01-01-2015, 02:44 AM
CONS
Growtopia: SCAMSCAMSCAM
Roblox: BUILDERSCLUB MONEY MONEY PAYPAYPAYPAY US PLZ

optimuswhat
01-01-2015, 02:50 AM
Growtopia - An amazing community with people of all ages
Roblox - Very, very profitable................... for the developers -_-

It is very profitable for developers of the popular games, yes. You can make real money off of ROBLOX. All you gotta do is purchase OBC, then make a really good game that people will enjoy. Before you say that "it's greedy that you need to buy OBC", well, Unity does the same thing. In order to make money off programs in Unity, you have to pay the Unity developers.

Growtopia has the element of working to get your items,
While Roblox you can spawn in anything you like.

Growtopia is 2D and Roblox is 3D.

Growtopia's clothing is way more complex with many item's
Roblox just has the plain 2d pasted clothing on the character.

I honestly don't know which is better though.
I love them both allot (I haven't played Roblox in like month's though)

First point is only valid in ROBLOX studio. Even then, that's a program where you make and build games for others to enjoy. It's not valid in games like Reason 2 Die or Call of Robloxia.

Growtopia has 2D sprites pasted onto your character...?

Growtopia- Better community, better developers, better moderators, better gameplay.
Roblox-Hat collecting. That's it lol

Growtopia and ROBLOX have a very sub-par community. They're both awful, but there's good people in the crowd.
Better developers confuses me. Are you comparing 2 indie developers to a whole team of developers which have to handle a humongous site and games, or the user developers?
Better moderators is something I do agree on. ROBLOX is lacking in moderators.
Better gameplay... This is a joke, right? There's more gameplay in ROBLOX than Growtopia. That's not even a bias remark, either.

ROBLOX does have hat collecting, but people do that to make a monopoly off of them. It's like Growtopia trading. People buy limited hats, then sell them a couple weeks later at a high price. Pretty clever. Of course, people also collect and show off.

You can get banned for nearly anything, there is an excessive amount of game moderators that can ban you if you even look at them wrong. Little children on the game start fights over the littlest things.

Person 1- I need help on this obby!!
Person 2- Just make this jump :D
Person 1-Thanks!
Person 3- Omg wow, you @#$%@&# noob. This obby is so easy. You just suck! Your grammar sucks too like your mom!!111

Roblox is a hell hole with monkeys running loose, be thankful of our community.

Agreed. But I haven't seen an excessive amount of moderators in ROBLOX.
(This is at Work at a Pizza Place)
I saw a guy reporting the Manager because the Manager would not let the guy be Manager. Confusing way to say it, but it was really stupid.

CONS
Growtopia: SCAMSCAMSCAM
Roblox: BUILDERSCLUB MONEY MONEY PAYPAYPAYPAY US PLZ

You don't even need Builders Club to fully enjoy ROBLOX, and its game development program.
I'm sure Growtopia has a better, not community-caused con than the obvious "SKEM".

Megazork
01-01-2015, 03:10 AM
It is very profitable for developers of the popular games, yes. You can make real money off of ROBLOX. All you gotta do is purchase OBC, then make a really good game that people will enjoy. Before you say that "it's greedy that you need to buy OBC", well, Unity does the same thing. In order to make money off programs in Unity, you have to pay the Unity developers.

First point is only valid in ROBLOX studio. Even then, that's a program where you make and build games for others to enjoy. It's not valid in games like Reason 2 Die or Call of Robloxia.

Growtopia and ROBLOX have a very sub-par community. They're both awful, but there's good people in the crowd.
Better developers confuses me. Are you comparing 2 indie developers to a whole team of developers which have to handle a humongous site and games, or the user developers?
Better gameplay... This is a joke, right? There's more gameplay in ROBLOX than Growtopia. That's not even a bias remark, either.

ROBLOX does have hat collecting, but people do that to make a monopoly off of them. It's like Growtopia trading. People buy limited hats, then sell them a couple weeks later at a high price. Pretty clever. Of course, people also collect and show off.

I saw a guy reporting the Manager because the Manager would not let the guy be Manager. Confusing way to say it, but it was really stupid.

You don't even need Builders Club to fully enjoy ROBLOX, and its game development program.
I'm sure Growtopia has a better, not community-caused con than the obvious "SKEM".

Ha Reason 2 Die, one of the games I actually like on Roblox, has a lot of work and time contributed to it. This is were I experience a lot of moderator power abuse.

Mr.Hankey
01-01-2015, 03:15 AM

No, it's not a joke. It lacks gameplay, only because of the community, i can't enjoy the damn game without either getting called "noob" or getting cussed at.
And i was referring to the developers who decided it was a good idea to implement all this p2w idea, it was fine back then in 07, builders club was fine, but the amount of p2w is outrageous.

Bejewled
01-01-2015, 03:26 AM
No, it's not a joke. It lacks gameplay, only because of the community, i can't enjoy the damn game without either getting called "noob" or getting cussed at.
And i was referring to the developers who decided it was a good idea to implement all this p2w idea, it was fine back then in 07, builders club was fine, but the amount of p2w is outrageous.pay 2 win what lmao. Crappy bc only games?

Mr.Hankey
01-01-2015, 03:29 AM
pay 2 win what lmao. Crappy bc only games?

No, pay to win. It's pretty hard to enjoy without these games that have items in which you have to buy with Robux.
lmaolmaolmaolmao

BlaZinG
01-01-2015, 03:59 AM
Growtopia - Free creativity

Roblox - Pay to be creative

atwistoffate
01-01-2015, 04:00 AM
Actually Roblox isn't that bad.

Mr.Hankey
01-01-2015, 04:01 AM

True that.

iToaster
01-01-2015, 04:41 AM
ROBLOX fe Teezk always wanted to say that

Mahmoud
01-01-2015, 04:48 AM
ROBLOX fe Teezk always wanted to say that

Toaster, I have one question.
Where did you learn this word?

iToaster
01-01-2015, 05:11 AM
Toaster, I have one question.
Where did you learn this word?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtKykCCHyY

Mahmoud
01-01-2015, 05:16 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtKykCCHyY

and that how itoaster got an infracation
the end.
and that why I don't talk to anyone Arabian but a toast.

iToaster
01-01-2015, 05:35 AM
and that how itoaster got an infracation
the end.
and that why I don't talk to anyone Arabian but a toast.

LOOOOOL YOU ASKED FOR IT

Mahmoud
01-01-2015, 06:00 AM
LOOOOOL YOU ASKED FOR IT

I asked how, I didn't ask for the video.

iToaster
01-01-2015, 07:12 AM
I asked how, I didn't ask for the video.

Kkk school were else /fp

Ilikecats
01-01-2015, 07:16 AM
:same stuff in them, copy of places, scams
Diffrent: grow is 2d, Roblox is better then that.

craft3d
01-01-2015, 07:29 AM
This game is easy.
if you played Roblox and Growtopia then reply down below something bad that Growtopia have and Roblox doesn't and Something good that Roblox have and Growtopia doesn't and the opposite is true!
Go?

roblox? just kill me instead

optimuswhat
01-01-2015, 09:03 AM

In Growtopia, you need gems and a lot of time and patience to make fantastic worlds and fully express creativity to others. Gems, as in buying world locks to get blocks and stuff. Patience as in painfully splicing them all by yourself (or with friends), or slowly trading your way up to it.

ROBLOX doesn't require any form of currency to express your creativity. I made a game where RC vehicles roam the world. 4 cities and some neat secrets to find. I didn't have to pay a single dime to ROBLOX. Heck, I haven't ever paid ROBLOX a single dime, and I've enjoyed it. I enjoyed expressing my creativity for free, without any paywalls preventing me from doing so.

Where did you get the idea of "paid creativity"? You're comparing a freemium game to a game development platform. Two different things with two different goals in mind.

Ha Reason 2 Die, one of the games I actually like on Roblox, has a lot of work and time contributed to it. This is were I experience a lot of moderator power abuse.

Mate, you should had seen R2D back before it had a major revamp. This is my opinion, but I prefer the older version to the newer one.
I am curious, what kind of moderator abuse?
Oh, add me! My username shouldn't be too hard to find out, since you probably are looking at it right now. :p

Areodax
01-01-2015, 10:27 AM
I have an even better idea. Why not Deepworld?

Or better yet, why compare two games that are different? It's anyone's opinion on what MMO they like.

Anyways, I think that both are just as good. Not the same pros and cons, but both are still fun to play. They do have one thing in common: They are MMOs, you can encounter different people from different cultures in both games, which makes it even more fun to play.

x64iCoRE_
01-01-2015, 10:58 AM
This game is easy.
Go?

omfg... Don't even try.
You know Growtopia 9999999999x better