PDA

View Full Version : Who needs help for his french lessons ?

Solsagann
01-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Hey !
As most of you already know, I'm french. Which means that english isn't my mothertongue but thanks to years on the internet I'm quite okay with that.
I've seen that a lot of you are learning french at school and find it hard, because there are a lot of weird grammar rules or strange words.
So I'll be more than happy to help you understand what you find hard, and actually I'm curious to see how you learn french :crazy:

beagle
01-13-2015, 07:42 AM
This is awesome, I'm bumping this because someone out there definitely could use this help! You are awesome for offering help too(:

l0l
01-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Oh man. I think you are going to save me... Is it paid or something?

Solsagann
01-13-2015, 09:11 AM
Oh man. I think you are going to save me... Is it paid or something?

Nah, don't worry, of course it's completly free. I'm just willing to help those having a hard time with my language :crazy:

Mark Chong
01-13-2015, 11:20 AM
Nah, don't worry, of course it's completly free. I'm just willing to help those having a hard time with my language :crazy:

Contributing to society to pay off ur malpractice debt, kk

Solsagann
01-13-2015, 01:09 PM
Contributing to society to pay off ur malpractice debt, kk

shh dun tell anyone

Also SOLSABUMP!

GummiBear64
01-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Comment puis-je demander " Aimez-vous les ânes », en français ?

GummiBear64
01-13-2015, 01:53 PM
Solsagann , pourquoi ne vous répondre à mon message? J'ai besoin de votre aide!

l0l
01-13-2015, 02:39 PM
The problem with my french skill is that I can read and comprehend most of the text, but I cant structure a text correctly.

Syberg
01-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Amazing one, Solsa! It is going to be very useful for someone out there, I know it!
(Still hoping that someone would tutor me with German :whistling: )

Solsagann
01-13-2015, 06:38 PM

It's more like "Pourquoi ne répondez-vous pas à mon message". But your other sentence was really good !

The problem with my french skill is that I can read and comprehend most of the text, but I cant structure a text correctly.

Luckily french isn't really different from english for the sentence's structure. Even though translating word by word won't help, I'll suggest you to watch series in french or to read text in french to become used to the way we talk. That's how I learned english by the way !

Amazing one, Solsa! It is going to be very useful for someone out there, I know it!
(Still hoping that someone would tutor me with German )

I learned german for 7 years but I really suck, I had a terrible teacher actually. You should ask Fredi heh. i know a bit of swedish and japanese aswell huehue

I have a french reading test in a week

Same for you, read text in french (try to read Harry Potter in french, it's really easy to understand !) and you'll get used to the way we speak and our weird grammar rules. You'll also learn a lot of vocabulary, which is nice.

GummiBear64
01-14-2015, 12:24 AM
Thanks Solsa. I always knew I had a bit of French in me.

#Whatisgoogletranslateyo

l0l
01-14-2015, 05:36 AM
It's more like "Pourquoi ne répondez-vous pas à mon message". But your other sentence was really good !

Luckily french isn't really different from english for the sentence's structure. Even though translating word by word won't help, I'll suggest you to watch series in french or to read text in french to become used to the way we talk. That's how I learned english by the way !

I learned german for 7 years but I really suck, I had a terrible teacher actually. You should ask Fredi heh. i know a bit of swedish and japanese aswell huehue

Same for you, read text in french (try to read Harry Potter in french, it's really easy to understand !) and you'll get used to the way we speak and our weird grammar rules. You'll also learn a lot of vocabulary, which is nice.

Well, I learned english (and some spanish) because I was kind of forced to. I moved to another country, and I had to go to an international school with basically 10% of english language knowledge. After about a year I would feel comfortable speaking both languages. The problem with french is that I don't have french people around me, and Im not forced to speak/comprehend french. But the tv series idea is good.

Theres another thing. Since I know spanish, french is a bit easier for me than for other people, but the structure and conjugations really differ...

iCrystalCat
01-14-2015, 05:45 AM
Can you write the French ABC's I've allways wonderd what it'd look like.

Solsagann
01-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Can you write the French ABC's I've allways wonderd what it'd look like.

What do you mean ? We have the same alphabet y'know :rolleyes:

North44
01-14-2015, 01:26 PM

Comment gentil de votre part pour aider les autres avec le français . * Applaudit bruyamment *

GummiBear64
01-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Comment gentil de votre part pour aider les autres avec le français . * Applaudit bruyamment *

Je pense que vous avez cité la mauvaise personne .

North44
01-14-2015, 01:49 PM
Je pense que vous avez cité la mauvaise personne .

Il ne importe pas du tout qui est cité . Aussi ... Je ai passé 20 minutes parcourant la photo la vie réelle fil en useruser3

GummiBear64
01-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Il ne importe pas du tout qui est cité . Aussi ... Je ai passé 20 minutes parcourant la photo la vie réelle fil en useruser3

Trouver des images intéressantes ?

North44
01-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Trouver des images intéressantes ?

Yep . Je aime la traque . Dans une façon romantique ... * sourit *

Oh , et par la manière . Je pensais que Game of Thrones est ... tout à fait ... inapropriée ...

GummiBear64
01-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Yep . Je aime la traque . Dans une façon romantique ... * sourit *

Oh , et par la manière . Je pensais que Game of Thrones est ... tout à fait ... inapropriée ...

oui, oui il est .

- - - Updated - - -

Argh, I unsubscribed to thread. ;-;

Solsagann
01-14-2015, 05:56 PM
google translate spotted

Seriously, if you have an exam or anything in french class, do not use Google Translate like this.
Cuz my eyes are bleeding :cry:

GummiBear64
01-15-2015, 01:48 AM
google translate spotted

Seriously, if you have an exam or anything in french class, do not use Google Translate like this.
Cuz my eyes are bleeding :cry:

Thanks Solsa, I do my best. ^.^

Happymeep
01-15-2015, 02:07 AM
Thanks Solsa. I always knew I had a bit of French in me.

#Whatisgoogletranslateyo

YA wanna know what's In me? Food. (Jk)
Ok seriously this is what I ahve in me:
Finnish
Swedish
Irish
British
English
I'm not joking! All I have in me ends in -ish

teambacftw16
01-15-2015, 02:37 AM
Hey !
As most of you already know, I'm french. Which means that english isn't my mothertongue but thanks to years on the internet I'm quite okay with that.
I've seen that a lot of you are learning french at school and find it hard, because there are a lot of weird grammar rules or strange words.
So I'll be more than happy to help you understand what you find hard, and actually I'm curious to see how you learn french :crazy:

Vous parlez french? Moi aussi! Im aussi le français moi

Translation You speak french? Me too! Im also french myself

teambacftw16
01-15-2015, 03:02 AM
Bosse bosse

teambacftw16
01-15-2015, 03:55 AM
Jeez dude no one wants lessons huh? Sad oh well at least i know french.

Aquarml
01-15-2015, 11:46 AM
I necently spent 3 weeks in New Caledonia with my mums family and I have to admit.... It's tough not knowing french. I knew the basics, hello, thankyou, bye and please, which took me a while (just thought of a silver plate) and i think I have uno in the bag.

Now that I'm back home, I am supposed to learn french. I haven't really worked out what resources to use, so if you have any advice for me Il'd be more than thankful.

I think the most difficult parts of learning french is how there are masculent and feminine words, scentence structure and how each letter is pronounced differently. (You probably had the exact same problem with english)

P.s I love how you say wi-fi. It sounds like wee-fee, which can be used when describing a bad smell.:whistling:

- - - Updated - - -

Vous parlez french? Moi aussi! Im aussi le français moi

Translation You speak french? Me too! Im also french myself

I got so confused because I kept thinking you were saying aussie... Force of habit I guess.

Solsagann
01-15-2015, 02:00 PM
I necently spent 3 weeks in New Caledonia with my mums family and I have to admit.... It's tough not knowing french. I knew the basics, hello, thankyou, bye and please, which took me a while (just thought of a silver plate) and i think I have uno in the bag.

Now that I'm back home, I am supposed to learn french. I haven't really worked out what resources to use, so if you have any advice for me Il'd be more than thankful.

I think the most difficult parts of learning french is how there are masculent and feminine words, scentence structure and how each letter is pronounced differently. (You probably had the exact same problem with english)

P.s I love how you say wi-fi. It sounds like wee-fee, which can be used when describing a bad smell.:whistling:

First of all, if you only know the basic worlds in french I'd suggest a website called Babbel. You'll learn the main vocabulary, structure, the different masculent and feminine worlds, etc. It's a very useful place since you can actually hear example to be used to the way we talk.
If you're feeling confident enough, you should also check a french newspaper called Le Monde, it could be a bit difficult considering your level but you will be able to learn a lot of advanced vocabulary. A cool thing to do is link two different articles dealing with the same subject, so even if you wont understand everything the french one say, you'll get most of the thing and guess by yourself. One key to learn a language quite fast is to watch a foreign tv channel, and/or watch your favorite serie or cartoon in french, I watch all my series in english. You'll obviously start with english subtitles, but it's an awesome way to get used to the french way of speaking and to learn a large panel of basic sentences.

To give you an example, 4 or 5 years ago I was a nub in english. I knew a few words but a lot of vocabulary was missing. And thanks to year on the internet, dozens of series and various books, I'm able to speak fluently in english, and it's great ! It can be difficult at the beggining, but once you get the basics it's a piece of cake :wave:

ps : Yeah, we use a lot of english worlds with a bad accent. It's always funny to hear english people say "rendez-vous'' or "cliché" hehe

teambacftw16
01-15-2015, 09:11 PM
First of all, if you only know the basic worlds in french I'd suggest a website called Babbel. You'll learn the main vocabulary, structure, the different masculent and feminine worlds, etc. It's a very useful place since you can actually hear example to be used to the way we talk.
If you're feeling confident enough, you should also check a french newspaper called Le Monde, it could be a bit difficult considering your level but you will be able to learn a lot of advanced vocabulary. A cool thing to do is link two different articles dealing with the same subject, so even if you wont understand everything the french one say, you'll get most of the thing and guess by yourself. One key to learn a language quite fast is to watch a foreign tv channel, and/or watch your favorite serie or cartoon in french, I watch all my series in english. You'll obviously start with english subtitles, but it's an awesome way to get used to the french way of speaking and to learn a large panel of basic sentences.

To give you an example, 4 or 5 years ago I was a nub in english. I knew a few words but a lot of vocabulary was missing. And thanks to year on the internet, dozens of series and various books, I'm able to speak fluently in english, and it's great ! It can be difficult at the beggining, but once you get the basics it's a piece of cake :wave:

Donnez-vousconseiller ou enseigner aux gens ?

Solsagann
01-16-2015, 08:09 AM
Donnez-vousconseiller ou enseigner aux gens ?

Well, nah. I'm not into this kind of stuff actually. It's not like I was helping people with a language that isn't my mothertongue, so it's kind of easy. What I suggested are the basics if you want to learn a new language. Anyway, as soon as I can help a few peeps, I'm okay with that :crazy:

lolgal96
01-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Ich bin Deutsch! Ich komme aus Deutschland! Actually-- I'm lying to your face. I'm not German, nor did I come from Germany. But, I do speak German.

Solsagann
01-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Ich bin Deutsch! Ich komme aus Deutschland! Actually-- I'm lying to your face. I'm not German, nor did I come from Germany. But, I do speak German.

Ja, Ich spreche Deutsch auch, aber ich bin besser in Franzosich, weil mein Lehrerin langweilig war.

Wel, I haven't speak german for ages..

lolgal96
01-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Ja, Ich spreche Deutsch auch, aber ich bin besser in Franzosich, weil mein Lehrerin langweilig war.

Wel, I haven't speak german for ages..

I'm not the best at German yet since I'm only in German 1, but I believe that says something like "I also speak German, but I'm better at French, because my teacher (female) was boring."

Solsagann
01-16-2015, 07:19 PM
I'm not the best at German yet since I'm only in German 1, but I believe that says something like "I also speak German, but I'm better at French, because my teacher (female) was boring."

11/10
We learned A LOT (like a lot) of vocabulary instead of focusing on both vocabulary and grammar.
So after 7 years of learning german I can barely introduce myself.

lolgal96
01-16-2015, 11:10 PM
11/10
We learned A LOT (like a lot) of vocabulary instead of focusing on both vocabulary and grammar.
So after 7 years of learning german I can barely introduce myself.

we learned grammar at the beginning, we didn't focus on vocab until later on

teambacftw16
01-17-2015, 12:29 AM
Ce qui se passe là-haut sur mon post? Whats this "we" thing im lost.

Solsagann
01-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Ce qui se passe là-haut sur mon post? Whats this "we" thing im lost.

What do you mean ? / De quoi parles-tu ? :crazy:

teambacftw16
01-17-2015, 09:21 PM
What do you mean ? / De quoi parles-tu ? :crazy:

You can leave it. Its hard to explain.

IShutter
01-18-2015, 10:19 AM
je ne ai pas tottaly Google Translate cette

Solsagann
01-18-2015, 12:21 PM
je ne ai pas tottaly Google Translate cette

I appreciate your efforts :crazy:

although it doesn't mean anything

Mitcho123
01-19-2015, 12:49 AM
Can you give me some tips too speak more like frenchy french. I speak french but I really want that french accent.

Solsagann
01-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Can you give me some tips too speak more like frenchy french. I speak french but I really want that french accent.

I'd suggest watching french series, tv shows or news (or even your favorite movies, anime, etc in french version), that's how you get our lovely and romantic accent. And of course, practicing a lot is always good !