PDA

View Full Version : Who has read the book called: Miracle in the Andes

Marosa Minnie
05-15-2013, 12:22 AM
This is the most amazing and inspiring story I've ever heard, and possibly to ever happen in the history of the universe.

If anyone doesn't know about the plane crash in the Andes, they should watch a few documentaries on YouTube, if it sparks your interest, read the book.

It's a true story about a crash that happened in the 70s in Argentina, the plane was carrying 45 passengers, 16 ended up surviving through 72 days of hell by eating the remains of the deceased and when two of the survivors decided to make a 10 day trek to find help.

http://youtu.be/sILm8VM-fec

Kevin Zhu
05-15-2013, 02:01 AM
I just watched the movie and just WOW WOW WOW!! So amazing!!!:eek::eek::eek:

BlasterXT
05-15-2013, 05:36 AM
Meow thank you for showing and leaving a link.

This video was about a plane crash and how the men tried their best to stay alive.
Using nothing but their will and power to accomplish things when even death seems like the easy way out.

The story itself was amazing.
They had over come things like starvation.

The video was inspirational

I can't thank you enough for sharing this video with us.

BlasterXT
05-15-2013, 05:40 AM
Ill pick up the book the second I get my hands on a copy.

Ludo
05-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Oh dear... Unless I'm mistaking the name, we had that book but gave it to a local charity shop since nobody was reading it :sweatdrop: May try to pick it up next time in the library.
Trying to remeber the name of a book I recently read... One of my best reads :d but I can't remember it's title heh.
I'm terrible :p
~ Ludo

Not the same book I was thinking about, but 'A Beautiful Mind' is a great book. I'm not usually one for biographies but this one is good :)
The film adaptation too is good, but in my opinion, the book is better ;)

Kevin Zhu
05-16-2013, 01:09 AM
Meow thank you for showing and leaving a link.

This video was about a plane crash and how the men tried their best to stay alive.
Using nothing but their will and power to accomplish things when even death seems like the easy way out.

The story itself was amazing.
They had over come things like starvation.

The video was inspirational

I can't thank you enough for sharing this video with us.

stop spoiling

ripply
05-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Umm, I think I saw a video from WKUK on something like that but they made it funny, when in reality its not. Sorry if this somehow makes me sound like a inconsiderate jerk, I don't know how but people may read it differently then it is supposed to be read.

syrup
05-17-2013, 10:53 AM
That was one of the most inspirational video's I've seen *sniff* I would have never this if it were't for @meow. Thank you @meow.

RedwoodGirl
05-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Ill read it once I go to Barns And Nobel. Thanks Meow.

Marosa Minnie
05-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm glad everyone else was as touched as I was.

There are so many movies, documentaries, and books on the subject.
I hope it inspires others to learn more about it, or to pick up a book and read about it.
As adults, I think we lose the desire to read, either that or we simply don't find the time for it or are distracted by other activities.. It's a nice feeling when you find a story so incredible,that it pretty much forces you to read everything you can possibly find about it.

RedwoodGirl
05-21-2013, 05:11 PM
I put it on my to read list. And the to buy list. XD Im really interested. :D

InYourFACE
05-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Ehm, someone knows the title in german?