PDA

View Full Version : Interface requests

Uhfgood
03-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Possibility of left clicking after moving an entity to "paste" the entity automatically, and then clearing the copy buffer. And then when one wants to select an object while the copy buffer is full, a possible key combo that allows the user to left click and select something while the copy buffer is full, then you can do that select all like current, and all that

Also every item on any of the dialogs should be right clickable, to bring up the properties. Instead of double clicking for properties, right click would be easier.
Anything you select should be able to have right-click ability.

Just some suggestions. Thanks for implementing those thus far i've asked.

Keith

Uhfgood
03-08-2007, 05:45 AM
A configuration window that let's you set various properties (maybe even set up an empty world) as well as stuff like your worlds folder. This would be a seperate location than the system worlds folder where you have your sample maps and such in. Instead it would always look in this worlds folder first. Then the system one. Then if uninstalling/reinstalling you just set your worlds folder to the same as the one you used before, and bingo! all the worlds are available to you.

Also selection rect is hard to see on a white background.

Uhfgood
03-08-2007, 05:51 AM
every dialog that has "ok" and "cancel" should be able to hit "enter" for ok and "esc" to cancel

also there should be a an edit button beside add/remove selected buttons for easy editing of selected field

Also a right click on selected item should open the edit dialog automatically. so they could hit "edit" or right click

Uhfgood
03-08-2007, 07:12 AM
collision editor accessible from entity properties page. That is their collision data. It's nice to have all things that apply to an entity at the same place. Even if you open a seperate window for it.

Uhfgood
03-08-2007, 07:29 AM
I would suggest a "quick start" tutorial. What this would be is a text file, maybe just included with the distribution. Essentially it will be exactly what you have in the html tutorials, only it will have JUST the steps. It won't explain them or have funny anecdotes or tips just simply. Hit F1, select the system palette, select the text object, copy it into the buffer, select the intro map, paste the text object into it, modify the properties to say "Dragon Eggs" and using color 0, 100, 255, 255 -- and so on and so forth. This would simply be a quickie way to get up and going.

Uhfgood
03-10-2007, 02:35 AM
Let's see a redo key :-)

More suggestions as they become necessary

Uhfgood
03-12-2007, 10:07 PM
make sure that when alt-enter is pressed that enter isn't registered as a normal keypress. Sometimes if a button is selected in a dialog, and I hit alt-enter the enter triggers whatever is under the button. (In the last case it was the edit button on gun.lua of your beer invaders game, so i hit alt enter, and the script came up at the same time as novashell went windowed.

Uhfgood
03-13-2007, 04:24 AM
When switching maps the previous "selection" remains selected. Suggest that selections are removed (ie the selection rect) when switching maps.

Uhfgood
03-14-2007, 03:41 AM
Allow resizing of the editor windows... i can move them around, but kind of a pain if I can't resize them and use them in a lower res.

Uhfgood
03-14-2007, 05:00 AM
A useful feature would be clamping and zooming of the camera based on the size and boundaries of the map. Just a little bit of automagic, so we can easily do this sort of thing in the future.