PDA

View Full Version : This could mean me quitting. Please read

Concept
01-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone, I need something very important.
First, I'd better tell you all my situation.
If you want to skip this part, go ahead.
I really need something, and this is why:
I live in my home with a mother who loathes electronics, a father who is pretty neutral about stuff like this, and a sister. I've always been able to sneak Growtopia and these forums for a while.
But recently, and I believe this is because of my sister, my mom has been going through my mac lately,
and has found Growtopia. She still doesn't know about the forums though.
She has deleted Growtopia, and told me if she found it on my mac again, she would take it away.
Now if you've read the story, this is what I need.
Is there a way to possibly make an application like Growtopia invisible on my mac?
If nobody is able to help me, I'll have to quit Growtopia.
I'll still be active on the forums though...
Thank you to anyone who tries to help :sweatdrop:

Concept
01-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Not sure if this is what you're looking for ...

http://osxdaily.com/2011/09/30/make-an-invisible-folder-hide-in-plain-sight/

Also, I don't find anything bad about growtopia, maybe you should ask your mom why she isn't letting you play growtopia.

It's not that anything is wrong with GT, it's just that my mom hates video games altogether.
This is literally all I have.

Edit: I'll try this to see if it works. Thanks a lot!

Nekokun
01-22-2015, 01:46 PM
It's not that anything is wrong with GT, it's just that my mom hates video games altogether.

Hey btw ik how to hide it , but it basically makes the icon invisible so she wont know unless she clicks the application.

Concept
01-22-2015, 01:47 PM
She hates videogames for what reason?

I have no clue. It's sucks doe.
And btw guys, I've already tried talking to her.
3 times...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey btw ik how to hide it , but it basically makes the icon invisible so she wont know unless she clicks the application.

Is this like the first post?

Nekokun
01-22-2015, 01:50 PM
I have no clue. It's sucks doe.
And btw guys, I've already tried talking to her.
3 times...

- - - Updated - - -

Is this like the first post?
No lel second one btw just use the invisble one trust me u basically do this hide a folder in a folder in a folder den place it there :D . Dats how i hide my u know uhmmm uhmmm stuffs *wink wink*.

SixFace
01-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone, I need something very important.
First, I'd better tell you all my situation.
If you want to skip this part, go ahead.
I really need something, and this is why:
I live in my home with a mother who loathes electronics, a father who is pretty neutral about stuff like this, and a sister. I've always been able to sneak Growtopia and these forums for a while.
But recently, and I believe this is because of my sister, my mom has been going through my mac lately,
and has found Growtopia. She still doesn't know about the forums though.
She has deleted Growtopia, and told me if she found it on my mac again, she would take it away.
Now if you've read the story, this is what I need.
Is there a way to possibly make an application like Growtopia invisible on my mac?
If nobody is able to help me, I'll have to quit Growtopia.
I'll still be active on the forums though...
Thank you to anyone who tries to help :sweatdrop:
Well,if you use samsung devices,there is a setting that you can use to hide stuff.....
You might get a samsung galaxy tab or phone if you are rich enough....
PS:The hide setting guide is available on phone but idk on the tab....
Hope this helped~~~~SixFace :hat:

Concept
01-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Well,if you use samsung devices,there is a setting that you can use to hide stuff.....
You might get a samsung galaxy tab or phone if you are rich enough....
PS:The hide setting guide is available on phone but idk on the tab....
Hope this helped~~~~SixFace :hat:

Well, I use a mac...

Concept
01-22-2015, 01:59 PM
No lel second one btw just use the invisble one trust me u basically do this hide a folder in a folder in a folder den place it there :D . Dats how i hide my u know uhmmm uhmmm stuffs *wink wink*.

I'll try this then.
And btw I know teh stuffs *wink wink*

- - - Updated - - -

Well, how old are you?

imma 13 kk?
dun h8 m8

Edwardson97
01-22-2015, 02:15 PM
If I was you I'd hide it in three folders, then make sure that you delete the shortcut. Then hide the folders in your music or something that she wouldn't expect.

I'll post some pictures, to show you what I mean.

l0l
01-22-2015, 02:20 PM

I hope its not gigabytes of uhm uhm *Central Processors* :D

Mahmoud
01-22-2015, 02:23 PM
WUUUUUUT
But but but you are concept we need u here like we need air...
it would be bad in game without you man..

Mark Chong
01-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Holy moly wot?

GummiBear64
01-22-2015, 02:45 PM
I know how to solve this; help her beat the level on Candy Crush.

Concept
01-22-2015, 03:05 PM
I know how to solve this; help her beat the level on Candy Crush.

*Problem solved*

Really though, she can't find the actual application, she just goes to finder and looks up "Growtopia"
Anything I can do about that? Cuz Ed, that's what I've been doing until she searched it up.

ezereal
01-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Could u call her to read a pm i am sending shortly she might understand u :)

Concept
01-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Could u call her to read a pm i am sending shortly she might understand u :)

If she found out I posted this at all, yeah...

amebapiz
01-22-2015, 03:25 PM
make lots of folders then hide it in there

Importance
01-22-2015, 03:28 PM

DREARYS!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

make lots of folders then hide it in there

I hid my eishehebdbbdbs and private files in a folder called ebook

Concept
01-22-2015, 03:33 PM
The only thing is, I can't hide it in a bunch of folders.
She goes to the search and looks up "growtopia"
:p

Importance
01-22-2015, 03:41 PM

*** is wrong with her .-.

Concept
01-22-2015, 09:22 PM
1 Download Virtual computer -file-
2 Download growtopia on the virtual computer
3 success

Ps I dont know if this helps but worth a shot.
PPS searching for "growtopia" will only be found once you open the aplicationmof the virtual computer
PPPS i dont know if sethmumu likes virtualcomputers :sweatdrop:

I'll try this, if I don't get banned...

iCrystalCat
01-23-2015, 03:16 AM
What if she makes a forums account and finds out about you on it lol.

Hakma
01-23-2015, 03:22 AM
Wait she doesn't like electronics but allows you to use a Mac.

amebapiz
01-23-2015, 06:24 AM
Fool your mom.

1.Make folder named "I love you mom" make a drawing in paint or whatever u call paint in mac. Make sure the drawing is like a childish one with words written: <your name here> loves mom then put some drawings of stickmen (you and ur mom) then put it in that folder I told you then exit then download growtopia and put it somewhere it wouldnt be easy to find.

Goal is, to struck your mom's heart

CoryT
01-23-2015, 06:29 AM
I'll try this then.
And btw I know teh stuffs *wink wink*

- - - Updated - - -

imma 13 kk?
dun h8 m8

OMG IM SO DONE!

Btw dubstep cardboard boy

Have you ever installed an app that hides files or try using a diff device?

TiffMushroom
01-23-2015, 06:40 AM
Well why does your mom want you to quit Growtopia? Are you having school? If yes you could make a deal with her,maybe if she would let you play after you've done your homework?

Dark_Heat
01-23-2015, 10:09 AM
This is literally my life. ( your story about your family. )

Vampireboy000
01-23-2015, 10:58 AM
I HATE PARENTS LIKE THAT "I DONT WANT YOU INTERACTING WITH STRANGERS" BS!!!! It's not gonna kill us! In fact some people use forums and the Internet as stress relief! If I didn't have the forums idk what I would do..

BlaZinG
01-23-2015, 11:00 AM
I HATE PARENTS LIKE THAT "I DONT WANT YOU INTERACTING WITH STRANGERS" BS!!!! It's not gonna kill us! In fact some people use forums and the Internet as stress relief! If I didn't have the forums idk what I would do..

"Don't interact with strangers!" -Mom

Mom = Loner.

Vampireboy000
01-23-2015, 11:02 AM

Mom = Loner.

Story of my leif

Mark Chong
01-23-2015, 11:10 AM

Mom = Loner.
Lol Lol lol

GummiBear64
01-23-2015, 01:02 PM
If I didn't have TV shows and video games...let's just say we would have nothing in this house.

Mom = Loner.

"Remember, never talk to strangers."

10 years later.

"It's been ten years. I never got a job, I never made friends, I never asked questions at school. What have I done with my life?"

KenDu
01-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Change the name of the app to "Not growtopia" so your mom will not delete it (problem solved end of the thread)

26FtW26
01-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Mate I feel so sorry for you... I would yell at her (10/10 -ign) and quickscope her with a paintball gun, but that's just me.

Also, tell her that Growtopia gives you one of the most valuable lessons in your life. Trust nobody.

CandleJack
01-23-2015, 02:03 PM
:ninja: secretly buy a new mac for Growtopia and gaming :crazy:
:ninja: secretly use it, conceal, don't feel, don't let her know :crazy: well now they knooowww... Let it Gooo... Let it gooo... Can't hold back anymore...

:crazy:

Boomer
01-23-2015, 02:50 PM

If I remember correctly, you can change an app's name. Search for Growtopia, and change every name you see to something like "School" or something unsuspicious.

- - - Updated - - -

Mom = Loner.

I hate to admit it, but this is literally quite true with my life.

RudyBan
01-23-2015, 07:21 PM

Sorry to dig, was visiting Hakma (u noob) and saw this. I find it off-putting to see that no one caught this CP reference.

Someone call the partyvan.

Doritos
01-23-2015, 08:18 PM

Why did she get you it then?

Concept
01-26-2015, 02:13 PM
OMG IM SO DONE!

Btw dubstep cardboard boy

Have you ever installed an app that hides files or try using a diff device?

Well, I'm thinking about that...

- - - Updated - - -

If I remember correctly, you can change an app's name. Search for Growtopia, and change every name you see to something like "School" or something unsuspicious.

I'm going to try this.

OneHour
01-26-2015, 02:18 PM
If I were you i'll try to convince her about Growtopia and make her like it in someway, then you wouldn't even have to sneak you Mac and play.

Magicalfishy
01-26-2015, 04:09 PM
It's not right to be sneaking behind your mom's back, but man that stinks that she doesn't allow you to play video games. Maybe you could explain to her that your friends on Growtopia actually care about you and would be really sad if you had to quit and leave them behind. Give her some reasons why you like to play video games and assure her that by playing them you won't turn into a lonely, lazy, anti-social person. Give her some good reasons to let you play Growtopia and/or other video games. :o

Concept
01-26-2015, 08:06 PM
It's not right to be sneaking behind your mom's back, but man that stinks that she doesn't allow you to play video games. Maybe you could explain to her that your friends on Growtopia actually care about you and would be really sad if you had to quit and leave them behind. Give her some reasons why you like to play video games and assure her that by playing them you won't turn into a lonely, lazy, anti-social person. Give her some good reasons to let you play Growtopia and/or other video games. :o

Well, I've tried...
:sweatdrop:

Concept
01-27-2015, 02:44 PM
So here's what I'm going to do, with first a question.
If I change the name of "Growtopia", will it still come up if I search it?
I wish there was a way to change the icon...

The 978
01-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Get the gt in a folder
make the folder white
make your entire background white
dont write anything to folder name

Idk it worked to stop my brother from making me throw my diamond sword in lava in mc

Edit: try downloading growtopia and change its name no something education related
then do what my steps tell

EditEdit: in tube there is a vid called how to create blue screen of death for mac" there is shows how to hide apps and folders and everything

Artificial Intelligence
01-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Rename your installer into something like Internet Explorer, change the icon, done!

For the game itself, after you finish playing, DELETE ALL EVIDENCE, EMPTY THE BIN!

P.S: I'm 15 and everyone in my family refuses to fix the charging port of my Xperia phone for 1 WHOLE YEAR NOW!!! Now this stacks up to my depression, seeing my classmates play together with them advancer smartphones.

Concept
01-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Rename your installer into something like Internet Explorer, change the icon, done!

For the game itself, after you finish playing, DELETE ALL EVIDENCE, EMPTY THE BIN!

P.S: I'm 15 and everyone in my family refuses to fix the charging port of my Xperia phone for 1 WHOLE YEAR NOW!!! Now this stacks up to my depression, seeing my classmates play together with them advancer smartphones.

How do I change the icon.
Btw, to everyone: I'm glad to say that I figured a way to get past my mother, so I should be just fine now.
It'd just be nice to change the icon, just in case...