PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any programs to help with game development?

IAmABrodie
05-20-2013, 05:16 AM
Iv'e been looking into creating my own game, but i haven't really been able to find one that's good and free. I don't want to make an extremely popular game like Growtopia or Tanked just yet, i just want to start and get the experience needed.

Raphael Lim
05-20-2013, 05:50 AM
RTSoft's NovaShell will help you!

IAmABrodie
05-20-2013, 05:53 AM
RTSoft's NovaShell will help you!

Iv'e tried that, it just keeps crashing. I'll try and get a picture of the error report.
Edit: Here it is- 5744

Crimson Eagle
05-20-2013, 06:01 AM
Iv'e tried that, it just keeps crashing. I'll try and get a picture of the error report.
Edit: Here it is- 5744

Hmm, have you tried AGK App Game Kit (http://www.appgamekit.com/)? It isn't technically free, but it does include a free trial. :)

IAmABrodie
05-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Hmm, have you tried AGK App Game Kit (http://www.appgamekit.com/)? It isn't technically free, but it does include a free trial. :)

I'll take a look at it, thanks.

Edit: It's goin' wel but i'd rather have a more "Perminate" source.

ripply
05-20-2013, 11:37 AM
What language are you using? And what platform is this for? Lol

IAmABrodie
05-20-2013, 10:49 PM
What language are you using? And what platform is this for? Lol

I'm pretty sure ya' know the language lol. By platform, i assume you mean PC or MAC. If so then PC-Windows. If you mean the platform of the game, 2D, either platformer or Top-Down View (Forgot the actual name :sweatdrop:)

Redbone
05-20-2013, 11:19 PM
What tools you pick will usually amount to preference, so you'll have to experiment with several until you find something which suits you. You Can Make Video Games (http://youcanmakevideogames.com/) is a fine starting point.

ripply
05-20-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure ya' know the language lol. By platform, i assume you mean PC or MAC. If so then PC-Windows. If you mean the platform of the game, 2D, either platformer or Top-Down View (Forgot the actual name :sweatdrop:)

No I mean language as in C++ Python JavaScript... sect

IAmABrodie
05-20-2013, 11:44 PM
No I mean language as in C++ Python JavaScript... sect

Ah, don't care really, i'd prefer JavaScript though.

IAmABrodie
05-20-2013, 11:52 PM
What tools you pick will usually amount to preference, so you'll have to experiment with several until you find something which suits you. You Can Make Video Games (http://youcanmakevideogames.com/) is a fine starting point.

Thanks! Stencyl will be a great starter program. The info helped a lot too :)

ripply
05-21-2013, 01:14 AM
Oh so your all good? I wish you luck! I would love to test it when its in the beta stages.....

IAmABrodie
05-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Oh so your all good? I wish you luck! I would love to test it when its in the beta stages.....

Heh, i'm just gonna mess around with it. So much complication o.o I'll PM you when the real deal game is ready for testing :3 (I'll probably just E-mail a few people the game and ask 'em to find some bugs and what not.) Also, i'm tryin' to make a multiplayer game as well, anyone have programs for that? (2D or 3D, don't car about the language.)

ripply
05-21-2013, 02:35 AM
Heh, i'm just gonna mess around with it. So much complication o.o I'll PM you when the real deal game is ready for testing :3 (I'll probably just E-mail a few people the game and ask 'em to find some bugs and what not.) Also, i'm tryin' to make a multiplayer game as well, anyone have programs for that? (2D or 3D, don't car about the language.)

Alright can't wait!

IAmABrodie
05-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Last post on this thread... the main one is gonna' be on Unity3d and the other is just going to be a little mini game :3

Gurregris
05-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Iv'e been looking into creating my own game, but i haven't really been able to find one that's good and free. I don't want to make an extremely popular game like Growtopia or Tanked just yet, i just want to start and get the experience needed.

I think 3StepStudio is a good program. It's free and you dont even know how to code to use it! :prophet: