PDA

View Full Version : To kill a mockingbird-

iDubstep
02-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Has anyone read that book? I need help who is the mockingbird?

raqk
02-10-2015, 10:30 PM
No one is "The Mockingbird" although you could say Tom Robinson...

iDubstep
02-10-2015, 10:31 PM
No one is "The Mockingbird" although you could say Tom Robinson...

Wait so your saying that the negro is the mockingbird? Causing the whole town to hate the finch family???!!!

Cocomonkey
02-10-2015, 10:34 PM
The forums isn't Google, why not try Yahoo Answers or something.

iDubstep
02-10-2015, 10:34 PM
.... But I really need halp

Cocomonkey
02-10-2015, 10:37 PM
.... But I really need halp

So use Yahoo Answers...
Someone probably already asked the same question as you.

raqk
02-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Wait so your saying that the negro is the mockingbird? Causing the whole town to hate the finch family???!!!

He is compared to the mockingbird.
Addicus tells scout and Jem knowing they will shoot birds just not to shoot the mockingbirds as they do nothing but sing. Similarly, Tom Robinson does nothing bad to the community, only help, but is later killed after trying to run from the jail. His death is considered to be senseless and cruel as a crippled, the mockingbird is also defenseless...

iDubstep
02-10-2015, 10:40 PM
He is compared to the mockingbird.
Addicus tells scout and Jem knowing they will shoot birds just not to shoot the mockingbirds as they do nothing but sing. Similarly, Tom Robinson does nothing bad to the community, only help, but is later killed after trying to run from the jail. His death is considered to be senseless and cruel as a crippled, the mockingbird is also defenseless...

OHHHH the story is comparing the mockingbird to those innocence people that's live in the town! That's clearly a metaphor! I get it thanks pal

QuickCrafter
02-10-2015, 10:44 PM

Someone didn't read. :whistling:

iDubstep
02-10-2015, 10:57 PM
No I didn't get up to the part yet I'm still in chapter 9