PDA

View Full Version : Bugs: anim state, physic.

Rrrichi
06-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi,

Looks like there is no default anim state "walk_right, walk_left" e.t.c. as described in documentation. There is only "run_right, run_left" e.t.c.

Also there is some strange bugs in physic engine. Please take a look at attached project. As you can see if you move player to the right all is fine but to the left direction player run "very hard" and sometimes stuck. I saw how you "fix" this bug in TreeDemo with additional collision point but for me it's not a solution because then there is 1 pixel line between hero and floor tiles.

I am use version from 7 may for Linux.

Regards,
Rrrichi

Seth
06-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Ok, well I know you don't want to use the extra collision point, but I added it and it fixed things up, without adding any 1 pixel line.

How I did it was I turned off "snap" so the new collision point is just BARELY above the others, this seems to fool the collision system into not snagging.

The "bouncing" action in novashell is not perfect and it really bugs me... hrm.

Also, I changed the main player collision shape, so he won't snag on walls and can fit better.

Rrrichi
06-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Yes, thx, it's helps! But... Should we wait for fixes of physics system to avoid such ugly "fixes"? I hope that you will fix this.

Seth
06-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Well, the truth is the physics are working fine for what I need and I really need to get moving on the other areas of my game. I've wasted a lot of time playing with the physics already...

However, as you probably know, Novashell is open source and if anybody ELSE feels like looking it over I'd be more than happy to apply patches that are submitted if they don't break things too much.