PDA

View Full Version : Bugs: On Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV and on GeForce 7600GT.

Rrrichi
06-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV: In full screen mode all video output is horizontally flipped. In windowed mode all is fine. OS - Windows XP.

GeForce 7600GT: In full screen mode bilinear filtration is not work. In windowed mode novashell cause system to reboot. OS - Windows XP.

Btw looks like log have lack of debug information about initialization of OpenGL e.t.c. I think it's better to add additional debug information, as i see right now there is a lot of bugs with different video card support.

Seth
06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks very much. Unfortunately I don't have any of those cards at the moment.. but because this uses Clanlib, hopefully one of the other users/developers will notice and fix things, and then Novashell will get the fix free.

sphair
06-07-2007, 01:10 PM
When you experience a System Reboot, its more often a faulty driver than anything else. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your hardware.

And since both Novashell AND ClanLib are open source projects, and the resources very limited, especially when it comes to what hardware it has been tested on, the best thing (and most likely the only thing you can do to get this fixed) is that you try to debug the code and see what is causing it to crash. Once that line is spotted, its much easier to get someone to fix it, if you're unable to do it yourself.