PDA

View Full Version : Functionality freeze.

Rrrichi
06-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi Seth,

Right now is a time to stop make functionality and look back to all code that already done and start fix it, because novashell already allow to do awesome things, but every move in editor is very painful because of a lot of bugs. What about make functionality freeze for project, setup Bugzilla, start bug collecting and fixing and afterwards develop some kind of RC1 build? From my side I promise that will also take a part in bug fixing as coder.

Regards,
Nikita Leonov

Seth
06-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Hmm, I fix bugs when I notice them.. wait, you're only using the linux build, right? I wonder if problems you are seeing are platform related, like keys not working right and such, but WOULD work right in Windows. I've barely done any testing in linux, and almost zero testing with the editor open.

For instance, in the windows and OSX version, if you click "edit" it's smart enough to open the file in the associated text editor, but I think in linux it just says "sorry, this doesn't work yet".

Having a linux coder to help smooth over those kinds of platform specific things would be great.