PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there is a good programmer or a player animator?

Serp
02-25-2015, 03:23 PM
February first, 2017 edit - Canceled.

Jack Bowe
02-25-2015, 03:43 PM
They are allowed in the forum, even if you plan one similar to Growtopia - Hamumu said inspiration from the game is fine as long as you code it yourself. (linking Growtopia would be nice, though :p)

There is actually a whole sub-forum dedicated to this sort of thing: Game development! (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?11-Game-development)

Good luck with your journey and the growth of your future game!:)

Syberg
02-25-2015, 03:58 PM
I suggest you to look after programmers and artist somewhere else. While this is nice place to discuss things about games, it's very hard to find someone who would actually accept job without payment. You should search for programmers forums and ask people there, but I can't promise that you will find anything good as no one really want to spend lots of time on your project for free. You could find artists who are willing to work for free easier, but I doubt that the quality of art would be that good... Making games isn't just buying required programs (actually you can make a game with only a text input program! Everything is knowledge).

NOBEL21
02-25-2015, 04:29 PM
Tell me about the game and we can desucuss. I have never done it before but I can always start now. If it would be like growtopia I'd be gladly to make it. I can also do it for free.

Serp
02-25-2015, 04:38 PM
They are allowed in the forum, even if you plan one similar to Growtopia - Hamumu said inspiration from the game is fine as long as you code it yourself. (linking Growtopia would be nice, though :p)

There is actually a whole sub-forum dedicated to this sort of thing: Game development! (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?11-Game-development)

Good luck with your journey and the growth of your future game!:)
Thanks a lot for all those info's! Greatly appreciated :D!

- - - Updated - - -

I suggest you to look after programmers and artist somewhere else. While this is nice place to discuss things about games, it's very hard to find someone who would actually accept job without payment. You should search for programmers forums and ask people there, but I can't promise that you will find anything good as no one really want to spend lots of time on your project for free. You could find artists who are willing to work for free easier, but I doubt that the quality of art would be that good... Making games isn't just buying required programs (actually you can make a game with only a text input program! Everything is knowledge).
Thanks a lot for those suggestions! Totally appreciated!

l0l
02-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Thanks a lot for all those info's! Greatly appreciated :D!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot for those suggestions! Totally appreciated!

Well, right now I'm off to write an email to you. Anyways, Ill be glad to look closely into it, since I have a butt load of free time to self-evaluate and do stuff. I would say im more of an artwork guy rather than programming, but I could try to do both.

Serp
02-25-2015, 04:48 PM
Tell me about the game and we can desucuss. I have never done it before but I can always start now. If it would be like growtopia I'd be gladly to make it. I can also do it for free.
It's not really growtopia related, but similarities would be the sandbox style and pixel art. Can you tell me specifically what you can do please?

BlackPickaxe
02-25-2015, 07:28 PM
I can do a soundtrack for it! I only need to know what kinda game it will be. (So the soundtrack could fit)

26FtW26
02-25-2015, 07:37 PM
How big would the characters be? About the size of a Growtopian character? Or like a Mario World character? lol

protip; hire PannyFlan. she is an mlg pixel artizt_xX. also ask Chudy whether he does pixel art

PURPLE585
02-25-2015, 08:24 PM
I can do character animaiton.. if I'm bored.

:crazy:

NOBEL21
02-25-2015, 08:42 PM
It's not really growtopia related, but similarities would be the sandbox style and pixel art. Can you tell me specifically what you can do please?I don't wanna brag about it but I'm very good at maths. So I can program the game like seth.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not really growtopia related, but similarities would be the sandbox style and pixel art. Can you tell me specifically what you can do please?

Also pm me your email so we can discuss about it.

Brennanber
02-25-2015, 09:26 PM
Oo gamemaker. Ill help a little bit for free as long as you're not using drag and drop.

Brys
02-25-2015, 10:46 PM

I can do artwork programming but that's about it. The only problem is that I NEVER have free time because of sports and stuff.

Magicalfishy
02-25-2015, 11:07 PM
iShadowAngel does the best pixel art. :whistling:

Tohru
02-25-2015, 11:47 PM

I also may be able to help with the programming. And it is for free, I need experience. I might be able to do the basics, not the whole thing that involves calculus.

Serp
02-26-2015, 11:41 AM
I can do a soundtrack for it! I only need to know what kinda game it will be. (So the soundtrack could fit)
Sound tracks and effects! That's what I forgot to add!If you could please send me a private message with your email, so I'll discuss more!
(Note:The game is a sandbox there, adventurous, I'd say! The type of music we are looking for is something that could "fit" adventures I'd say, we still haven't gone through it yet!)

- - - Updated - - -

How big would the characters be? About the size of a Growtopian character? Or like a Mario World character? lol

protip; hire PannyFlan. she is an mlg pixel artizt_xX. also ask Chudy whether he does pixel art
The one we doing is not that big! It's about 20x20 pixels. Seems too small but actually it's not! Thanks for the tips too :)!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't wanna brag about it but I'm very good at maths. So I can program the game like seth.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks alot! The email is on the post itself, anyways, it is SerpGamer@hotmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

Oo gamemaker. Ill help a little bit for free as long as you're not using drag and drop.
Sorry but I don't really what do you specifically mean by "Drag and Drop"

- - - Updated - - -

I can do artwork programming but that's about it. The only problem is that I NEVER have free time because of sports and stuff.
May I know
what programming do you do :)? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

iShadowAngel does the best pixel art. :whistling:
Thanks for the advice :).

- - - Updated - - -

I also may be able to help with the programming. And it is for free, I need experience. I might be able to do the basics, not the whole thing that involves calculus.
That's great :)! Please email some info you may give to Serpgamer@hotmail.com so we get started!

Solsagann
02-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Hey.

This project sounds super cool, glad to see some ambitious guys. I work on Blender, SFM, etc for a while already, and while I don't think it would helpful for a sandbox game, feel free to ask; I'd more than happy to help and see this project grow. I also love writing stories, lore and creating monsters, I'm quite a creative person so I can help with that.

Munster
02-26-2015, 07:59 PM
I don't wanna brag about it but I'm very good at maths. So I can program the game like seth.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to burst your bubble but as far as I know Programming and Maths are not the same thing... programming requires to type lines of codes while maths is all about ... well counting and such

Focusie
02-26-2015, 08:08 PM
I can code, and do other things. Just send me a message on forums, and we'll start stuff from there.

Serp
02-27-2015, 04:31 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but as far as I know Programming and Maths are not the same thing... programming requires to type lines of codes while maths is all about ... well counting and such
Maths can help a lot on games, as you see the numbers! (PS: I looked behing me tbh)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey.

This project sounds super cool, glad to see some ambitious guys. I work on Blender, SFM, etc for a while already, and while I don't think it would helpful for a sandbox game, feel free to ask; I'd more than happy to help and see this project grow. I also love writing stories, lore and creating monsters, I'm quite a creative person so I can help with that.
I'm not sure if you can help, but the only possible way to do so is maybe making amazing 3D pixel art snapshots, such as this, I'd say.
http://i.imgur.com/FdYxrzjm.jpg
Quest writing and a brain stormer, that's great :D Send me forum message!

- - - Updated - - -

I can code, and do other things. Just send me a message on forums, and we'll start stuff from there.
Incredible :D

Brennanber
02-27-2015, 04:53 AM
Sorry but I don't really what do you specifically mean by drag and drop

Drag and drop are the "ez no coding" blocks for the gamemaker newbies, last time I tried helping someone, he was using only that (resulting in the game being a mess) ill help if this project is done in actual GML code and not building blocks with some other newbie.

Also regaurding the whole math and code thing, code doesnt require complex math unless were dealing with vector 3d collisions and crap, which probably wont be used in a game like this. Code is just assigning variables and doing stuff with them. No real craziness or extreme algebra.

Derekk
02-27-2015, 05:27 AM
Game maker is pretty easy, I took a programming class for 6th grade and made some pretty amazing games

Serp
02-27-2015, 08:12 AM
Drag and drop are the "ez no coding" blocks for the gamemaker newbies, last time I tried helping someone, he was using only that (resulting in the game being a mess) ill help if this project is done in actual GML code and not building blocks with some other newbie.

Also regaurding the whole math and code thing, code doesnt require complex math unless were dealing with vector 3d collisions and crap, which probably wont be used in a game like this. Code is just assigning variables and doing stuff with them. No real craziness or extreme algebra.
Not at all! We are not doing drag and drop! To get started, send me an email to Serpgamer@hotmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

Game maker is pretty easy, I took a programming class for 6th grade and made some pretty amazing games
So would you like to help?

Solsagann
02-27-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure if you can help, but the only possible way to do so is maybe making amazing 3D pixel art snapshots, such as this, I'd say.
Quest writing and a brain stormer, that's great :D Send me forum message!

I'm completly okay with quest writing and creating a lore, I love that. Send me a message first, with further explainations of your project :rolleyes:

PannyFlan
02-27-2015, 02:57 PM
I searched my name, and found this
I'm glad some people still remember, I'm a pixel artist.
I can maybe help, but does it need a lot of free time and responsibly?

Serp
02-27-2015, 05:44 PM
I searched my name, and found this
I'm glad some people still remember, I'm a pixel artist.
I can maybe help, but does it need a lot of free time and responsibly?
It would be grateful to help! Obviously, it needs some responsibility, but not that stressful one!
Additionally, we are looking for people that can do a 30x30 pixels (or such size) npc characters and tilesets!
We got a program we can share that helps in tilesets and animations too!
If you'd like to join, basically tell me! (If you don't want to, it's fine. We can't force you!)
Thanks!
-SERP

Munster
02-27-2015, 07:14 PM
It would be grateful to help! Obviously, it needs some responsibility, but not that stressful one!
Additionally, we are looking for people that can do a 30x30 pixels (or such size) npc characters and tilesets!
If you'd like to join, basically tell me! (If you don't want to, it's fine. We can't force you!)
Thanks!
-SERP

I'll try and make some for you just reply to my mail.

PannyFlan
02-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Thanks!
-SERP

is it fine, if I can try out the program if I can get used to it, or see if I'm familer with the options?
I would like to try it out ^_^
What is the game about anyway?

Sandwich
02-28-2015, 04:25 AM
Im a good character animator of
SuperFighters Deluxe
Also i use PIQ-pixel art maker
Glad it might help...
Im so sorry but i don't have free time.
Im helping Armor Games.

Serp
02-28-2015, 04:57 AM
is it fine, if I can try out the program if I can get used to it, or see if I'm familer with the options?
I would like to try it out ^_^
What is the game about anyway?

Totally! It seems compliex but it's not at all! You can try the demo version: http://pyxeledit.com/get.php
The only difference is that you can't do animations. The game is an adventurous sandbox game, probably common to terraria.

- - - Updated - - -

Im a good character animator of
SuperFighters Deluxe
Also i use PIQ-pixel art maker
Glad it might help...
Im so sorry but i don't have free time.
Im helping Armor Games.
Armor games is such an amazing company :D Mainly playing its games!
Good Luck :)

PannyFlan
02-28-2015, 07:42 PM
I was testing this around, and i got used to it alittle.
i might help you with the pixel :)

Size is 30 x 30.

I don't know what the game about, so I did somthing random.

Munster
02-28-2015, 09:57 PM
If you tell me what the game is about i'll try and make item textures for it :D
I would love to work with PannyFlan XD we would make a pretty good team

Serp
03-01-2015, 12:07 PM

Size is 30 x 30.

Can you send an email to Serpgamer@hotmail.com so we can discuss please?

Sandwich
03-03-2015, 07:31 AM

Size is 30 x 30.

Thank you for using piq!
If you are skilled in coloring.
Try advanced piq (Beta)

Jari Parial
03-05-2015, 08:34 AM
I would like to help in the game.
I could make stories, events, and other things.
But I would like to know if the game would be a multiplayer game like GT.

Sandwich
03-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Hmmmm im almost done with the Mutilate-a-Doll Update so i can help ya out ;)

m456
03-05-2015, 06:09 PM
I'm an average programmer and I can create ugly pixel arts.

MrQB
03-06-2015, 06:13 PM
I can code in C# and Javascript. I can also make some animations :3

FreezeDoggy
03-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Uhh...
I'm nothing special, and I'm no good at most of this, but I AM great at thinking up stuff.
(E.g. Items, Blocks, that kinda thing.)
Also, is this game going online? If so, I'd love to patrol around.

Deimantas Lebedevas
03-14-2015, 10:08 PM
well, im pretty good in scripting and pixel animation stuff.

Serp
03-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Hmmmm im almost done with the Mutilate-a-Doll Update so i can help ya out ;)

Help in what exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an average programmer and I can create ugly pixel arts.

We are looking for programmers, I will send you a PM