PDA

View Full Version : Sol Avenger is a fantastic game!

quantumForge
02-26-2015, 01:31 AM
For the past year the Quantum Forge team has developed a game called Sol Avenger. The Kickstarter has been live for six days! Although we’re excited about the project and we’ve worked very hard for over a year on it, we’re averaging just a handful of unique visits a day on the campaign page! Our team has started to pass out flyers around local college campuses and community centers to boost public awareness. Without any significant marketing budget, it’s difficult to get this thing off the ground! The people who have seen this project say good things about it overall. We think you’ll love Sol Avenger because:

It’s a space shoot'em-up action arcade game… Think Star Fox without the rails!

There are quests: Looting and leveling on planets and in space!

Skill, Stat and Ship Customization, RPG goodness! A different experience with every ship!

It’s an endless adventure! Our local solar system with a procedurally expanding universe beyond to explore!

A cross-platform release - We can build the game to multiple platforms provided the appropriate licensing!

Satisfying boss battles: Feel the rush of surviving in combat while also solving a fun puzzle!
No loading screens!

Support this indie project and come check out the Sol Avenger Kickstarter right here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/661243298/sol-avenger-a-3-d-space-shootem-up-action-adventur (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/661243298/sol-avenger-a-3-d-space-shootem-up-action-adventur)

Magicalfishy
02-26-2015, 02:20 AM
For the past year the Quantum Forge team has developed a game called Sol Avenger. The Kickstarter is has been live for six days! Although we’re excited about the project and we’ve worked very hard for over a year on it, we’re averaging just a handful of unique visits a day on the campaign page! Our team has started to pass out flyers around local college campuses and community centers to boost public awareness. Without any significant marketing budget, it’s difficult to get this thing off the ground! The people who have seen this project say good things about it overall. We think you’ll love Sol Avenger because:

It’s a space shoot'em-up action arcade game… Think Star Fox without the rails!

There are quests: Looting and leveling on planets and in space!

Skill, Stat and Ship Customization, RPG goodness! A different experience with every ship!

It’s an endless adventure! Our local solar system with a procedurally expanding universe beyond to explore!

A cross-platform release - We can build the game to multiple platforms provided the appropriate licensing!

Satisfying boss battles: Feel the rush of surviving in combat while also solving a fun puzzle!
No loading screens!

Support this indie project and come check out the Sol Avenger Kickstarter right here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/661243298/sol-avenger-a-3-d-space-shootem-up-action-adventur (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/661243298/sol-avenger-a-3-d-space-shootem-up-action-adventur)

Even though this is a 3rd party advertisement, this game looks AWESOME! Good luck getting your goal guys. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpumoWH2ADM

quantumForge
02-26-2015, 03:24 AM
Even though this is a 3rd party advertisement, this game looks AWESOME! Good luck getting your goal guys. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpumoWH2ADM

You really don't know what that means to us. We've been working so hard and so far it seems like we're yelling into a wind tunnel to get our message out there. No one will do anything for us since we dont have a marketing budget and all we really want to do is share this epic game with everyone. Thanks for the positive reinforcement it truly helps us push through these trying times.

Magicalfishy
02-26-2015, 02:37 PM
You really don't know what that means to us. We've been working so hard and so far it seems like we're yelling into a wind tunnel to get our message out there. No one will do anything for us since we dont have a marketing budget and all we really want to do is share this epic game with everyone. Thanks for the positive reinforcement it truly helps us push through these trying times.

Yeah I noticed, kind of sad really. Maybe consider releasing it on the PC for free or something if your goal isn't reached in time. I'd assume the message would spread pretty far over time after people trying out the game, it seems like a masterpiece. I know a few youtubers who would probably be more than happy to promote it including me when I start my channel off within the next few weeks here. Advertisement probably won't work very well here since 95% of the community is under the age of 18 sad to say.

quantumForge
02-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Yeah I noticed, kind of sad really. Maybe consider releasing it on the PC for free or something if your goal isn't reached in time. I'd assume the message would spread pretty far over time after people trying out the game, it seems like a masterpiece. I know a few youtubers who would probably be more than happy to promote it including me when I start my channel off within the next few weeks here. Advertisement probably won't work very well here since 95% of the community is under the age of 18 sad to say.

Well thanks for the encouragement. We are an indie and we simply don't have the resources for marketing right now. We will continue to do what we can to publish the game and we understand that this is just part of the process. For the most part, people love what Sol Avenger is turning into and we know that we're doing something we are passionate about. I know the Quantum Forge team isn't throwing in the towel, we just love games too much to stop creating more! Any type of promotion you can do for Sol Avenger would be greatly appreciated! :)

:hat:

Magicalfishy
02-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Well thanks for the encouragement. We are an indie and we simply don't have the resources for marketing right now. We will continue to do what we can to publish the game and we understand that this is just part of the process. For the most part, people love what Sol Avenger is turning into and we know that we're doing something we are passionate about. I know the Quantum Forge team isn't throwing in the towel, we just love games too much to stop creating more! Any type of promotion you can do for Sol Avenger would be greatly appreciated! :)

:hat:

Haha, great to hear you guys won't give up! Hopefully you guys could get a lucky break in advertisement... it's sad how little people actually pay attention to great games. This actually looks 10x better than Starfox. :o