PDA

View Full Version : The Dress

Hamsomy3
02-28-2015, 02:42 AM
I see white and gold when I look from the top (of the screen of my phone). When I look from the side (of my phone) it's blue and black. How about you?

WokunGT
02-28-2015, 02:49 AM
I see white and gold when I look from the top (of the screen of my phone). When I look from the side (of my phone) it's blue and black. How about you?

Blue and Black!

SCIENCE BEHIND THE DRESS :

There's science behind the reason why some people see black on blue while others are just as certain that they see gold on white.
The simple answer is that the picture is an optical illusion.
Objects reflect light at certain wavelengths, or colors, and the human brain determines the color of an object by taking in its reflected light. But this perception can be thrown off balance by the color of nearby objects. With the photo of the dress, the surrounding colors are so muddled that the brain isn't sure what to make of the dress itself.

As Wired . com points out, a digital analysis of the dress photo shows that one of the spots of black trim is actually orange in the photo.

Thus, people who perceive the surrounding area as dark are likely to see the blue in the dress as white and the black colors as gold. It all just depends on the manner that the brain perceives and processes color.

So when context varies, so will people’s visual perception. “Most people will see the blue on the white background as blue,“But on the black background some might see it as white.” At least we can all agree on one thing: The people who see the dress as white are utterly, completely wrong.

Hamsomy3
02-28-2015, 02:57 AM
How can you prove it's blue and black with that?