PDA

View Full Version : Grid Snap problem on tutorial

xer0kill
08-03-2007, 06:35 PM
I've been following the Dragon Eggs tutorial and I've run into a problem. Just after importing my_image, I'm supposed to turn Grid Snap on and set it to 40x40. For some reason it will not let me set X to any number larger than 8. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks in advance!

Seth
08-04-2007, 03:48 AM
Hmm, that is very strange. What operating system do you use? Make sure Grid Snap is enabled before you try changing it. (Although if it wasn't enabled, I guess it wouldn't let you change anything so that can't be it..)

Anybody else experience this problem?

xer0kill
08-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Sorry I should have elaborated, I was kind of busy yesterday though. I'm on Ubuntu Linux. I actually got it working yesterday, the numbers were just displaying improperly. Oddly enough, if I kept hitting backspace while the cursor was in the X box, it would eventually set itself to 40x40, but it would display (blank) x 0 or something like that.

Even stranger, it seems to be working just fine today. Go figure! I'll let you know if anything like that happens again and I'll be more specific.

Thanks for the great program Seth, and thanks for replying to my post!

Seth
08-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Hmm. Recently the input box code in ClanLib (that Novashell uses) was replaced. (The new one supports text selection by mouse)

There might be a bug in it...

If you figure out how to cause it to go haywire please let me know...!