PDA

View Full Version : Anime... wut?

26FtW26
03-25-2015, 09:40 AM
Why is everyone obsessed with anime? Like seriously?

iSkyDoesGTC
03-25-2015, 09:43 AM
Yeah why? ;-;

Its Daniel
03-25-2015, 09:45 AM
I agree.
Anime is like cartoons but more stylish.
I don't find em cool to waste time at.

PolarisHD
03-25-2015, 11:18 AM
"People like anime for many of the same reasons people like any form of video entertainment, or even book. It lights their mind up, makes them think/feel new/interesting things." -Onision

Don't forget the fanservice. jkjk

unconscious98
03-25-2015, 11:27 AM
life isnt worth living without anime and videogames

syrup
03-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Anime is nice, but I don't really talk about it. It's just kinda of a thing that you watch sometimes, or on a daily basis if you like it.

ElectroDream
03-25-2015, 12:55 PM
I don't know why too.

I watched 100 episodes of Kirby (yes, it's a japanese cartoon show so I can say it as anime) in 3 days, nothing interesting.

voidgaming
03-25-2015, 01:05 PM
I don't know why too.

I watched 100 episodes of Kirby (yes, it's a japanese cartoon show so I can say it as anime) in 3 days, nothing interesting.

You mean Hoshii No Karbi?
I like that cartoon too!
I repeated whole series a lot of times.

Meh,I don't watch a lot anime,
Just watching Doraemon and Pokemon only.
Pokemon I keep rewatching DP series,dunno why.

Anime? I watches Drama more than Anime,
Which is Super Sentai........(Power Ranger in Japanese)
It is labeled as Drama.So.......(watching Nininger!!!)

Syberg
03-25-2015, 01:16 PM
The thing is that anime has a big big industry in Japan and it's not only for children (like cartoons ussualy are, excluding a few unique titles). Believe me or not, but seeing some of animation works that are made with different kind of style is really nice thing (try out Bakemonogatari, it has pretty unique animation). Personally I watch anime because it can show me supernatural things that are made with my imagination more than with actual work... Some stories are extremely well done as well! Especially one-season-only anime (thought there are a few titles with more episodes whom and still are maintaining their "Good Story" position).
I am huge fan of Japan, anime and japanese music (including their unique vocaloids). But it's my personal opinion. I even know a person who doesn't really understand consept of 3D figures in drawings or how to concentrate your eyes on certain point at the painting to see the movement of objects in it. That person hates anime. Conclusion: Liking anime is matter of opinion and a little thing for knowledge.

I watch it 1 time week-month (if a new parasyte episode is released)
Not going to say that Parasyte or Kiseijuu episodes comes out every week... Thought I think they will finish soon/finished with drawing it already... Wasn't that great of an anime apart from nice story that was taken from manga...

ElectroDream
03-25-2015, 01:19 PM
You mean Hoshii No Karbi?
I like that cartoon too!
I repeated whole series a lot of times.
I thought it's spelt as Hoshi no Kabii.

Ok let's just forget about it.

Magicalfishy
03-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Okay, I used to be like you guys 3 years ago. I thought anime was lame and anime-lovers were absolute weirdos. Until one of my favorite youtubers talked about Fullmetal Alchemist, so I looked into it. I ended up watching the whole series, the movies, then the other series Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (which is better than the original series) every single summer night after dinner I would binge watch it.

After watching that, Rush introduced me to Sword Art Online (I saw a commercial on Toonami and forgot what it was called) and I got super into that. Every day when I went to exercise I would watch an episode of that. Then I finished SAO and I thought my life was over. About a month later I found One Piece... within the first 10 episodes I got hooked. I found it... the perfect anime. Rich story, rich characters, rich plot, rich action, rich comedy. I watched One Piece almost every day. I'd watch it while I exercised, ate, and when I was finished with school. I started with 1 episode a day, then slowly got to 10 episodes a day, and one day I even watched at least 50 episodes (We had nothing to do that day and I never regret it). I swear, you will not regret watching One Piece.

Also, I watched all these animes in English dub - highly recommend even though people say English dubs suck... not on these animes! Trust me, it's better than the Japanese versions. And if you do get into Fullmetal Alchemist, watch Brotherhood instead. Anime is like mature cartoons (don't take that the wrong way =.=). It's not something to be overlooked... trust me it's completely worth watching.

CoryT
03-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Why do people watch dramas?]

Why do people watch my little pony?

Why do people enjoy being on the computer?

Why do people watch 21+ movies and clips on their computers?

Because they like it!
And if you have a problem with that then you need help dealing with it.:crazy: