PDA

View Full Version : TF2 not working...

26FtW26
04-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Yesterday TF2 worked just fine. Now when I try to open it, the game closes instantly. It kind of does the bass sound that occurs while its doing the "Valve" thingy, but I cant play it.

And other Steam games are working btw

radusavin366
04-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Yesterday TF2 worked just fine. Now when I try to open it, the game closes instantly. It kind of does the bass sound that occurs while its doing the "Valve" thingy, but I cant play it.

I guess theres a forum for TF2, too ._.

syrup
04-05-2015, 12:42 PM

If's it's the video at the start, then go to Steam, go to your library, right click TF2, click properties, select launch options, and type, -novid

26FtW26
04-05-2015, 12:54 PM
If's it's the video at the start, then go to Steam, go to your library, right click TF2, click properties, select launch options, and type, -novid

didnt work
if I delete local content and install the game again, will all my stuff be gone?

Solsagann
04-05-2015, 01:03 PM
The bass sound ?
More like

DUUUUUUUUUUN
*valve logo appears*

syrup
04-05-2015, 01:04 PM
didnt work
if I delete local content and install the game again, will all my stuff be gone?

If it might be file corruption, then go to this file directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2

Delete your tf folder, it'll make a new one if you start it up again, this should replace it.

Greenswe
04-05-2015, 01:12 PM
didnt work

Try to Verify integrity of game cache (right click the game in the library, go to local files), and it will replace any lost/corrupted files. If not, just delete local game content and reinstall, all items are stored on your account.
~Greenswe

syrup
04-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Try to Verify integrity of game cache (right click the game in the library, go to local files), and it will replace any lost/corrupted files. If not, just delete local game content and reinstall, all items are stored on your account.
~Greenswe

That works too. :cool: