PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Set Aside Foruming and Playing When You have To Do Your Homework? help :'(

rehoti
04-11-2015, 09:34 AM
I have a problem with procrastination and i dunno what to do. the forums and the game is so much more stimulating than doing boring assignments where i just write a paper that is sugar coated to make it sound better and make it look longer.

halp. any one who has the same problem as me? as u can see im foruming now and ill be back later when i take a look at my project for 5 mins... and be stuck here for 15 mins and go back to it again.

the proportion is wrong.

any tips?

Shiruka
04-11-2015, 10:39 AM
Well it's very easy and it works for me most of the times
Step 1. Close Growtopia and close the forums tab, do NOT have any game open or anything related to a game
Step 2. Start Assignment
Done. Or if you are not doing an assignment on ur PC
Step 1. Shut down PC.
Hope dis helped.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a problem with procrastination and i dunno what to do. the forums and the game is so much more stimulating than doing boring assignments where i just write a paper that is sugar coated to make it sound better and make it look longer.

halp. any one who has the same problem as me? as u can see im foruming now and ill be back later when i take a look at my project for 5 mins... and be stuck here for 15 mins and go back to it again.

the proportion is wrong.

any tips?
Yes right now I'm procrastinating but remember this quote:

rehoti
04-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Well it's very easy and it works for me most of the times
Step 1. Close Growtopia and close the forums tab, do NOT have any game open or anything related to a game
Step 2. Start Assignment
Done. Or if you are not doing an assignment on ur PC
Step 1. Shut down PC.
Hope dis helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes right now I'm procrastinating but remember this quote:

Thanks man it helped. I shall close the forum tab now XD :')

Serp
04-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Forget about everything.
Close all games/Tv/others (Keep the AC on ;))
Do your assignment
Thank Satan
Play GrowTopia again!

Stranger
04-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Shut off when you need too. But when your ready remind yourself your gonna do what you love doing best ( I'm guessing its Foruming and Gaming ) It'll make you work harder in my opinion, well that's how I do it.

Cloverlord
04-11-2015, 09:50 PM
I find 'grounding' myself works.

Give yourself a set time to turn off both the forums and Growtopia, then if you go over that time, don't allow yourself any games for a few days.

Simply close what you need to avoid and work on you're homework. Going back a few years myself, ROBLOX was 'the' game and I had to force myself to click 'the X' and If I didn't, I made myself ask for more work the next day. Very depressing, but it worked. :wave:

rehoti
04-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Forget about everything.
Close all games/Tv/others (Keep the AC on ;))
Do your assignment
Thank Satan
Play GrowTopia again!

I c I c ty for ur tip :3

Shut off when you need too. But when your ready remind yourself your gonna do what you love doing best ( I'm guessing its Foruming and Gaming ) It'll make you work harder in my opinion, well that's how I do it.

Hmm thinking of this as an incentive :3 nice suggestion. TY

I find 'grounding' myself works.

Give yourself a set time to turn off both the forums and Growtopia, then if you go over that time, don't allow yourself any games for a few days.

Simply close what you need to avoid and work on you're homework. Going back a few years myself, ROBLOX was 'the' game and I had to force myself to click 'the X' and If I didn't, I made myself ask for more work the next day. Very depressing, but it worked. :wave:

Ty soo much for ur tip. yeah. closing would be the hardest XD

KKcupcake
04-12-2015, 02:20 AM
If you have to study use this tip
Study for an hour
Then for 10-15 minutes, do whatever you want. Play, use the forum, 都可以!(trans : you can do those)
If you go over, you have to study for an extra 20-30 minutes before rest time, and rest time will be cut shorter.
HIH.

Ivy389
04-12-2015, 02:24 AM
Study for an hour
Then for 10-15 minutes, do whatever you want. Play, use the forum, 都可以!(trans : you can do those)
If you go over, you have to study for an extra 20-30 minutes before rest time, and rest time will be cut shorter.
HIH.

Are you Chinese?

craft3d
04-12-2015, 06:01 AM

the proportion is wrong.

any tips?

Here is my fail-proof steps to help you get your work done.

1. Change your password to: adjwipeosjdoewousdfp
2. Before you log off, delete system32 or system64
3. Shut down
4. Try to log on now.
5. Rage and then cry and then
6. Buy a new computer
7. Repeat

And soon you will have no money so you can't buy more computers. Problem solved!

OnlyKING0
04-12-2015, 06:06 AM
I just play growtopia 2 minutes write 2 minutes and again and again

rehoti
04-12-2015, 07:44 AM
Thanks for all these wonderful tips XD i'll surely try them all XD except breaking my laptop haha XD /love to all of u

- - - Updated - - -

Study for an hour
HIH.

好謝謝! lol Thanks :3 good advice XD

Pretty
04-12-2015, 10:31 AM
Finish your friggin project or I will destroy your farms.

rehoti
04-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Finish your friggin project or I will destroy your farms.

Is done. Ate haha 100 pages worth of meh lol