PDA

View Full Version : Particles...Help.

haramanai
08-24-2007, 06:13 AM
Hi.
I am realy confused. I readed the current statu and I have seen that particles are 50% completed. If this is the case then my question is :
I can only use expotion effect right now? Or there is some more that I am mising?

In the other case that particles are ready(100%). Can someone provide the code with a non exploding particles? Or right down the functions that are not documented and there nowhere in the scripting referense.

By the way great app.

Seth
09-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Particles are not complete and not completely documented yet, but what is there works fine. The things missing have to do with the more complex movements.

Your best bet is to study example code included that uses them - A non-exploding usage is the brazier's in the RPG example, that small flame on top is using the particle system, so if you look at its .lua file you will see how it's done.

The particle system is based on this (http://www.galaxist.net/linearparticle.html), if you look at the demos it can do some pretty neat stuff but not all of its functionality has been opened to Novashell's lua yet.