PDA

View Full Version : Forumer mods ;-;

King902
04-16-2015, 03:26 AM
I think it is time to get new forum mods. Everyday the forums keep getting spammed, and I believe everyone is annoyed by it.

bjake7710
04-16-2015, 03:28 AM
Agreed those guys stil haven't been banned

Megazork
04-16-2015, 03:28 AM
http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/poll.php?pollid=2503&do=showresults

I tried it, didn't work

King902
04-16-2015, 03:37 AM
http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/poll.php?pollid=2503&do=showresults

I tried it, didn't work

We must try again, mainly because there are Japanese forums being spammed all over the forums.

atwistoffate
04-16-2015, 03:37 AM
Agreed those guys stil haven't been banned

They're never gonna get banned

King902
04-16-2015, 03:38 AM
They're never gonna get banned

O.o I wonder why.

Megazork
04-16-2015, 03:39 AM
Oops meant this link

http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?122705-Forum-Moderators-Worthy-volunteers-dedicated-to-helping-reduce-the-spam-and-bigotry

King902
04-16-2015, 03:45 AM
Oops meant this link

http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?122705-Forum-Moderators-Worthy-volunteers-dedicated-to-helping-reduce-the-spam-and-bigotry

It isn't the majority that will change the administrators' minds, but the opinion of one person who has a super duper good reason will change their mind. No, not really.

Mega, during that time there was like no spam whatsoever.

Megazork
04-16-2015, 03:47 AM
It isn't the majority that will change the administrators' minds, but the opinion of one person who has a super duper good reason will change their mind. No, not really.

Mega, during that time there was like no spam whatsoever.

The thread still applies. There was considerable mess from the trolls.

Jack Bowe
04-16-2015, 03:47 AM
This happened on the KoT forums, they don't stop until they're permanently banned. I think if you're gonna have new forum mods, however, you might as well add new mods altogether. Maybe it's time for a new application session.

Its Daniel
04-16-2015, 03:48 AM
They are koreans not japanese.

Elusive
04-16-2015, 04:02 AM
There can only be two things to this, either the mods are lazy, or maybe you guys are over exaggerating a bit and the mods are doing their jobs just fine giving infractions and warnings.

Also i'm sure mods weren't trained for this stuff like the police do with crime, maybe a guide to what being a forum mod is but they aren't professionals, even if the devs ask them to look like one :D

King902
04-16-2015, 04:06 AM
They are koreans not japanese.

Sorry, my mistake ;-; I searched up the link and went with the first thing that came in mind.

Jack Bowe
04-16-2015, 04:13 AM
There can only be two things to this, either the mods are lazy, or maybe you guys are over exaggerating a bit and the mods are doing their jobs just fine giving infractions and warnings.

Also i'm sure mods weren't trained for this stuff like the police do with crime, maybe a guide to what being a forum mod is but they aren't professionals, even if the devs ask them to look like one :D

I think you misunderstood the OP; it's not about the mods doing a bad job, it's that there's not enough of them, forum wise.

Say you have, I don't know, 20 amazing police men to control a whole city, sure, they'll do a great job within their limits, but there isn't enough of them to control the mass amount of people by the ratio of citizens : policemen, just here it's mods : forumers.

DeathSkull
04-16-2015, 01:43 PM
O.o I wonder why.

Because they can change their IP's every time they get banned (Or if they got banned)

But I have sent messages with a link to their posts and profiles to a mod (Not saying any name) but still nothing happened and I've sent it twice..in the past 2-3 days..

Magicalfishy
04-16-2015, 02:36 PM
I will admit, I'm getting extremely annoyed. Even Solorien has gone quiet... not saying the moderators are inactive but they all have ridden of their seen presence.

EasykGT
04-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Lets be honest here, its getting purely annoying here on the forums with those "spammers" and they won't stop unless if some moderator puts a good end to this, like permanently ban the whole IP.

Conan
04-16-2015, 03:12 PM
We must try again, mainly because there are Japanese forums being spammed all over the forums.

Those are koreans -.-

Also banning them isnt a solution. They need prevention.

I already suggested how and no one (Only actually 2 i think ) Replied to the post.

WE NEED RECAPTCHA HUMAN VERIFICATION IN REGISTRATION (Other Forum software already has this built in vB needs a plugin AFAIK)

Jack Bowe
04-16-2015, 03:23 PM
I will admit, I'm getting extremely annoyed. Even Solorien has gone quiet... not saying the moderators are inactive but they all have ridden of their seen presence.

Being a mod required you to stay away and not indulge in every single thread to keep that mysterious sense of authority, but being this quiet is a bit off point.

Solsagann
04-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Being a mod required you to stay away and not indulge in every single thread to keep that mysterious sense of authority, but being this quiet is a bit off point.

That's probably something personal enough to avoid telling everyone, even Ham didn't answer the question in his thread.
Staying away isn't that bad though, most of the time I enjoy reading more than answering.

Jack Bowe
04-16-2015, 03:57 PM
That's probably something personal enough to avoid telling everyone, even Ham didn't answer the question in his thread.
Staying away isn't that bad though, most of the time I enjoy reading more than answering.

I think you misunderstood, I meant from experience, people take you more seriously if you keep the sense of authority that can be attained by the feeling of the unknown, it's not a rule or anything. :sweatdrop:

Solsagann
04-16-2015, 04:11 PM
I think you misunderstood, I meant from experience, people take you more seriously if you keep the sense of authority that can be attained by the feeling of the unknown, it's not a rule or anything. :sweatdrop:

I did understood, I think you misunderstood by thinking that I misunderstood in the first place :crazy:
I was just pointing the fact that having to stay away from the party isn't a big deal (I've been moderator on 3 forums in the past) since being a spectator is sometimes much more fun.

Magicalfishy
04-16-2015, 04:18 PM

True that, their presence is barely known by anyone anymore.

Conan
04-16-2015, 04:37 PM
I did understood, I think you misunderstood by thinking that I misunderstood in the first place :crazy:
I was just pointing the fact that having to stay away from the party isn't a big deal (I've been moderator on 3 forums in the past) since being a spectator is sometimes much more fun.

Modarating isnt always fun right? (Admin at 3 forums before (2 gaming and 1 related to tech, now i only admin 1 tech forum) quitted moding other forums also)

Spectating is sure fun, Moderating is harder than you thought guys even in a forum where there are only almost 1000 members :P

Solsagann
04-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Modarating isnt always fun right? (Admin at 3 forums before (2 gaming and 1 related to tech, now i only admin 1 tech forum) quitted moding other forums also)

Spectating is sure fun, Moderating is harder than you thought guys even in a forum where there are only almost 1000 members :P

I was an admin in 2 gaming forum and a french version of 4Chan (this one was painful :sweatdrop: ). It's really hard at the beginning, but once you are used to the way forums work it's a lot of fun, the only thing you have to worry about is staying calm in every situation, but I'm an open minded guy so that wasn't really a problem. A friend of mine was demodded because he went crazy over a guy that insulted him about something too personal. There are good and bad sides, but luckily it doesn't really change anything like being a moderator in the game would.

syrup
04-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Just deal with it.

Jenuine
04-17-2015, 12:42 AM
We're pretty quick to get rid of the spam bots on the forums. But the Korean sub-forum is more difficult, since most of the Super Moderators don't speak Korean, and don't want to mistake a legitimate thread for spam. Then again, that's why that sub-forum has it's own moderators. You can PM a mod with a link to the thread and we can take care of it when we can.

TheRealThatGuy
04-17-2015, 12:45 AM
We're pretty quick to get rid of the spam bots on the forums. But the Korean sub-forum is more difficult, since most of the Super Moderators don't speak Korean, and don't want to mistake a legitimate thread for spam. Then again, that's why that sub-forum has it's own moderators. You can PM a mod with a link to the thread and we can take care of it when we can.

This is the closest post I've ever been to a mod :)

Jack Bowe
04-17-2015, 07:04 AM

I'm pretty sure both youwhang and WeekND are both inactive, maybe it's time for some new Korean forumers to step up to the plate. :p