PDA

View Full Version : I coded a thing in C++

|ThyLuigi|
04-25-2015, 08:51 PM
I coded a sentence in c++ here! (http://ideone.com/KZPJgb)

TheHelper
04-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Umm... If you're a beginner start with Javascript and HTML. Right now I'm learning C#

XxJeirinxX
04-25-2015, 08:56 PM
HTML easy doe, i'm in C++ right now.

TheHelper
04-25-2015, 08:57 PM

How bout javascript? :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

|ThyLuigi|
04-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Umm... If you're a beginner start with Javascript and HTML. Right now I'm learning C#

I think i'll stay with c++, I already started anyways.

I changed it, because I'm doing more stuffs.

XxJeirinxX
04-25-2015, 08:59 PM
It easy too, if you have the knowledge of HTML and CSS.

TheHelper
04-25-2015, 08:59 PM
I think i'll stay with c++, I already started anyways.

You literally learned just the basics. If you quit C++, it won't really matter...

|ThyLuigi|
04-25-2015, 09:16 PM
You literally learned just the basics. If you quit C++, it won't really matter...

...So would it matter if I just kept going either?

Goldie
04-25-2015, 09:19 PM
If youre a beginner then java/python is easier. Try those. I have studied them for a year soon and I am programming a game already!

peck
04-26-2015, 12:27 AM
If youre a beginner then java/python is easier. Try those. I have studied them for a year soon and I am programming a game already!

Except java sucks and python has the wide variety of finance calculators.

C++ is ehhh okay. If you're picking it because it made the grow-blocks game, you're leaving out too many factors like the main reason people use it today is because it's all they had back then with some books and that was it.

Depending on what you want to do with coding: pick the right tools, don't reinvent the wheel. If you want to do games use a game engine, if you want to do software development get a nice IDE for it. Just don't invest so much time into something that could've been more fun and a hella lot easier.

|ThyLuigi|
04-26-2015, 12:30 AM
Except java sucks and python has the wide variety of finance calculators.

C++ is ehhh okay. If you're picking it because it made the grow-blocks game, you're leaving out too many factors like the main reason people use it today is because it's all they had back then with some books and that was it.

Depending on what you want to do with coding: pick the right tools, don't reinvent the wheel. If you want to do games use a game engine, if you want to do software development get a nice IDE for it. Just don't invest so much time into something that could've been more fun and a hella lot easier.

Thanks, I'm just starting with C++, after I learn most of the basics I might try out some other things.

Maybe I'll try out Ruby or something, I don't know.

peck
04-26-2015, 12:31 AM

Where did the myth "beginners must do web development" come from? Did you already learn all of html and javascript? C# is a good language but you can start from it without needing to know html or javascript.

|ThyLuigi|
04-26-2015, 12:34 AM
Where did the myth "beginners must do web development" come from? Did you already learn all of html and javascript? C# is a good language but you can start from it without needing to know html or javascript.

Oh yeah, besides the reason that growtopia was made in c++, I have a friend who's learning it too.

So yeah, I wanted to see how it worked.

GummiBear64
04-26-2015, 01:58 AM
I know both; HTML and C++

SCOOBYDOOFAN
04-26-2015, 02:17 AM
At the moment I am learning with python using their codacademy free program, it's very easy and simple to use.