PDA

View Full Version : ._.

GummiBear64
05-01-2015, 12:51 PM
'Tis one of my regular rants. You've been warned.

Ok, so my Nan has come over. She's monopolised the TV non-stop, like seriously, if I wanted to watch Nikita I'd have to use an atrocious laptop, sound quality and everything was terrible. She wasn't even lenient on "bed times." I got sent to bed at 10 on a weekday and 10:30 on a weekend.
If I had like a minute left on a show, she would not allow me to finish it. She would scold me for staying up past my bed time AND she'd treat my younger sister like an angel.
My eldest sister has her own room with a TV at the other end of the house so of a weekend, I'd sleep in there and watch shows, door fully shut. My nan would barge in and demand I turn it off at 10:30 even though it was hurting no one.

When my mother got back, she was even worse. Now every time I say something, according to my mother, I have "an attitude" when I'm just talking regularly. I've come to the conclusion that my mother and nan just need to give me some space and allow me to have some "me" time. I actually need them to get off my back and stop being so precise about my "bed time."
They need to be more lenient and allowing.
I'm actually sick of it.

GummiBear64
05-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Dude, you dont just go in someones room just to do something you like, she can have privacy as well you know?

I'm on your sister/parents side.

I had permission from her. She was staying at her boyfriends house.
She's chill with it.
My mother never cared anyway, until Nan came.

26FtW26
05-01-2015, 10:55 PM
I trust nobody fully. Not even family.
But then again, according to "what's morally right," you have to respect elders. Ha, I've never respected an elder more than anyone else. Mostly because my granny is the definition of swag, but that's out of the point.

I've made it clear to my family that even though I am quite young, I know what's good for me and that I know my limits. There are too many parents who think overly worrying about their child is a good thing. Psh, I feel bad for those children.

GummiBear64
05-01-2015, 11:01 PM
But then again, according to "what's morally right," you have to respect elders. Ha, I've never respected an elder more than anyone else. Mostly because my granny is the definition of swag, but that's out of the point.

I've made it clear to my family that even though I am quite young, I know what's good for me and that I know my limits. There are too many parents who think overly worrying about their child is a good thing. Psh, I feel bad for those children.

If I were to express my thoughts on a social network such as Facebook or even directly to them, the consequences would be severe. "Whatever they say goes and no one else gets a say in it."

26FtW26
05-01-2015, 11:04 PM
If I were to express my thoughts on a social network such as Facebook or even directly to them, the consequences would be severe. "Whatever they say goes and no one else gets a say in it."

Haha, I expected that.
If you can't do it nicely, why even bother to care about what they say? They obviously don't have a good argument... I don't see whats the problem.

Cocomonkey
05-01-2015, 11:30 PM
Man, what a pain in the butt. You should tell them exactly what you said in this thread. Maybe they'd understnad.

GummiBear64
05-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Haha, I expected that.
If you can't do it nicely, why even bother to care about what they say? They obviously don't have a good argument... I don't see whats the problem.
I always win arguments against them but then they always become sore losers and pull out the "you're grounded" card just because I outsmarted them. No matter what I do, I have to do as they say or I'll be grounded.

Man, what a pain in the butt. You should tell them exactly what you said in this thread. Maybe they'd understand.
I doubt it.

ParkourDevil
05-01-2015, 11:47 PM
I know that feeling. Every time i try to play with my little brother when he's depressed and i just want to help, my dad just yells at me that i should stop bullying him. Even when my little bro is laughing with me .-.

GummiBear64
05-02-2015, 10:39 AM
I know that feeling. Every time i try to play with my little brother when he's depressed and i just want to help, my dad just yells at me that i should stop bullying him. Even when my little bro is laughing with me .-.
Erm, ok...

Hacktivate
05-02-2015, 10:42 AM
The best thing to do is to do something best.

GummiBear64
05-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Rip gummi

First lost his xbox then his calmness

I'm actual getting frustrated ;-;

Runo
05-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Why don't you ask for a TV?
Lel! Just giving opinions!

GummiBear64
05-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Why don't you ask for a TV?
Lel! Just giving opinions!

Because she can't afford one.

Areodax
05-02-2015, 10:53 AM

I can conclude that your gran is awesome.

Mine too, she's the one who gave me a "childhood". And by "childhood", I mean a pink Gameboy Advance SP. Why pink? It's manly.

But to solve these kinds of problems, you have to speak it out loud. Keep rebutting.

GummiBear64
05-02-2015, 10:54 AM
I can conclude that your gran is awesome.

Mine too, she's the one who gave me a "childhood". And by "childhood", I mean a pink Gameboy Advance SP. Why pink? It's manly.

But to solve these kinds of problems, you have to speak it out loud. Keep rebutting.

Whenever I do speak aloud, I always keep getting knocked back down, no one listens to me.

Areodax
05-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Whenever I do speak aloud, I always keep getting knocked back down, no one listens to me.

Confidence is key my friend.

Just breath in and out, and let it all out.

Magicalfishy
05-02-2015, 11:08 AM
I had permission from her. She was staying at her boyfriend's house.
GG sister. ._.

Disgusting.

GummiBear64
05-02-2015, 01:01 PM
GG sister. ._.

Disgusting.

What's wrong with that?
The sister I was referring to there is eighteen years of age.

Brys
05-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Well Im in advanced classes and my mom sometimes I talk with an attitude, well it's probably something Im saying a certain way. Probs the same for you, just don't talk back, bite your tongue. Hell, If Im able to you should.

Jack Bowe
05-02-2015, 02:28 PM
GG sister. ._.

Disgusting.

Err, what's the problem with being in a relationship with someone and then staying over at their place? I do it with my other half all the time. And I'm assuming you're meaning what goes on there is "disgusting" but that's a matter of opinion.

Anyway, back to the thread, I've never had this issue, I've always been a mature child have thus had that independence of an adult all throughout my life, me and my mother are always debating, and I tell her the same way I'd tell anyone else and she listens, and if I win that's it, if she does that's it. Honestly, you just have to be assertive.

Being a teenager sucks, you're at a stage where you want to both rebel, but conform at the same time.

Magicalfishy
05-02-2015, 07:36 PM
Err, what's the problem with being in a relationship with someone and then staying over at their place? I do it with my other half all the time. And I'm assuming you're meaning what goes on there is "disgusting" but that's a matter of opinion.

Anyway, back to the thread, I've never had this issue, I've always been a mature child have thus had that independence of an adult all throughout my life, me and my mother are always debating, and I tell her the same way I'd tell anyone else and she listens, and if I win that's it, if she does that's it. Honestly, you just have to be assertive.

Being a teenager sucks, you're at a stage where you want to both rebel, but conform at the same time.

I thought she was younger than 18 since you said she lived at home. Anyways, I just think it's wrong to... until you get married. Without your vow of loyalty what is the point honestly... just makes me sick to my stomach.

Jack Bowe
05-02-2015, 08:32 PM
I thought she was younger than 18 since you said she lived at home. Anyways, I just think it's wrong to... until you get married. Without your vow of loyalty what is the point honestly... just makes me sick to my stomach.

Well, that's a matter of opinion I guess. For me it's more of a right person, right time kinda thing.

GummiBear64
05-02-2015, 11:00 PM

My eighteen year old sister and I are really close.
She's the only one whom gets me. Heck, she got me into TV series.

Christopher
05-02-2015, 11:48 PM
You can't do anything about it when she's there. Wait till she leaves then have a talk with your mom
Christophers guide on how to talk to ur mom about ur aunt
Don't:
• Talk fast - ur mom will say it's a tone
• talk regularly - it's still a tone...
Do:
• talk like you're half asleep - it's not too loud, it will work! I tried this before

When ur mom says: your Tia is right you know, you shouldn't stay up so late!
U answer : Yeah, she's right but (DO NOT LET HER INTURUPT YOU!) when do I get to Noah blah blah random stuff u make up