PDA

View Full Version : Learning to Code

TheRealThatGuy
05-06-2015, 01:11 AM
Anyone have good websites/tips on computer programming/code? Not like completely complicated because I am starting this for my first time.

It is for a project at school where we do something that we have never done before. :sweatdrop:

Brombones
05-06-2015, 01:16 AM
How much time do you have? If it's less not more than a week or so I don't think that's too possible for a beginner. I learned Python and Html5 in 2 months starting with basic sites like http://www.codecademy.com/ and http://learnpythonthehardway.org/ . Both are a great place to start, and you can get the concepts down pretty quickly! Syntax among other things will probably take a lot longer. Good luck! I hope you find that programming is a very rewarding field to go into :)

raqk
05-06-2015, 01:31 AM
Do many tests. I Started with batch many years ago, and it was incredibly easy. I then went on to use codecadamy to learn html, and it was pretty easy as well. The problem was I got carried away with making huge webpages (didn't frequently test it), messing up a single line of code, and screwing the whole thing up. It was incredibly frustrating looking for that one mistake, and let's just say I'm not a very dedicated person...

NeuroT
05-06-2015, 01:35 AM
If you want to completely start from the beginning, I suggest http://studio.code.org and start at course 2. You have to make an account, though.

OnlyKING0
05-06-2015, 02:00 AM
codeacademy.com is awesome

Ilikecats
05-06-2015, 02:03 AM
Yes here is one that helps you start of with basics code.org

Conan
05-06-2015, 08:17 AM
go with HTML + JS + CSS first
on CodeAcademt.com

THen go on with php then python then ruby :P

Study how to use SQL Queries also

Then move on C++ (You won't find sites like CodeAcademy for CPP better get books :P (I stole a C++ book from my mom /troll(Not really stolen just took it from stash of books))

Download Notepad++ and Netbeans IDE to help yah making php crap (I only use Notepad++ ATM)

PotatoMarco
05-06-2015, 08:36 AM
go to school

jk

yeah go to codeacademy.com

l0l
05-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Depends on what exactly you want to do. Websites? HTML, JS, CSS, PhP, SQL. Programs / various scripts or plugins for other programs? Ruby, Python. Games? Get Unity and learn either Unity JS or Unity C#.

Ukks
05-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Depends on what exactly you want to do. Websites? HTML, JS, CSS, PhP, SQL. Programs / various scripts or plugins for other programs? Ruby, Python. Games? Get Unity and learn either Unity JS or Unity C#.

http://programming-mother****er.com/become.html

Your welcome.
Innapropiet link name :D

TheRealThatGuy
05-06-2015, 10:05 PM

I just want to do something basic for a project at school, then after the project if I think I can handle it I'll try something at another level. (Still need to be easy)

I think I'll try codeAcademy because so many people have suggested it.

Thank you everyone for your help :)

TheRealThatGuy
05-07-2015, 12:42 AM
bump cuz y not?

TheRealThatGuy
05-07-2015, 08:50 PM
BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPP

OnlyKING0
05-07-2015, 08:56 PM
c++ = BAE :hug:

pronexus
05-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Yep codecademy

TheRealThatGuy
05-07-2015, 09:22 PM
What code would I need to know to make games? C++? (like Growtopia)

TheRealThatGuy
05-07-2015, 10:18 PM
BuMp!1!1!1!1!

peck
05-08-2015, 01:15 AM

****ing hell.

The reason why games are still made with c++ today is because people don't want to relearn to use a game engine of sorts. If you want to make games use unity C/javascript. You grew up in a better age better take advantage of it. C++ is good for game servers, servers, tools, etc.

|ThyLuigi|
05-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Anyone have good websites/tips on computer programming/code? Not like completely complicated because I am starting this for my first time.

It is for a project at school where we do something that we have never done before. :sweatdrop:

Im learning at cplusplus.com...it seems pretty ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive heard good things about Ruby.