PDA

View Full Version : What MacBook?

FISH
05-12-2015, 02:43 AM
MacBook or MacBook Pro (early 2015). What should I go with for $1299?

Comment
05-12-2015, 02:47 AM
You should spend all that money and give it to the poor. Save and give your money bro, to the less fortunate. I do that when I want something.

Flamehound
05-12-2015, 02:49 AM
MacBook or MacBook Pro (early 2015). What should I go with for $1299?

Apple computers are trash. Their tablets are actually pretty innovative, but their laptops are just flat out garbage. Check http://www.digitalstormonline.com/ for actually pretty decent PCs.

FISH
05-12-2015, 02:50 AM
You should spend all that money and give it to the poor. Save and give your money bro, to the less fortunate. I do that when I want something.

Or I can work for it like I am and then develop apps and get more money and give to the less fortunate... I could do more with a MacBook because all I can do as of now is use my phone and I can't do anything on it regarding developing apps and programs.

Hacktivate
05-12-2015, 02:56 AM
The best thing to do isn't developing apps. Start off by making an organization or any plain shops. Build a small stall and get your money as capital and start doing business. Then, using your organization, help the less fortunate.. you can't always depend on what your talent or best strategy/ability is, try to explore. By exploring, you get more things, more experience and more friends.

FISH
05-12-2015, 02:59 AM
Apple computers are trash. Their tablets are actually pretty innovative, but their laptops are just flat out garbage. Check http://www.digitalstormonline.com/ for actually pretty decent PCs.

Im not buying a gaming laptop... That is a waste of my money for what I am going to do. And besides, Apple was made to express people's creativity in computers.

- - - Updated - - -

The best thing to do isn't developing apps. Start off by making an organization or any plain shops. Build a small stall and get your money as capital and start doing business. Then, using your organization, help the less fortunate.. you can't always depend on what your talent or best strategy/ability is, try to explore. By exploring, you get more things, more experience and more friends.

Thanks for the tip I will try the last part because I am only 14 so I will see all the things I could do. Btw, I get my money by umpiring 5-6 year old baseball at $12 a game. It's kinda slow but it works!

Brennanber
05-12-2015, 03:23 AM

Digitalstorm is bad too. The markup value is too high for pc's that only last 5 years.

Building one is hundreds cheaper (with exceptions of some HP pc's)

- - - Updated - - -

Im not buying a gaming laptop... That is a waste of my money for what I am going to do. And besides, Apple was made to express people's creativity in computers.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the tip I will try the last part because I am only 14 so I will see all the things I could do. Btw, I get my money by umpiring 5-6 year old baseball at $12 a game. It's kinda slow but it works!
Mac is a really bad way to go for code/development.

Those laptops have what, 2-8gig ram intel i5's and decent hard drive space for 1200$?

Build a desktop, 16gig ram, AMD Hex core, 4 tb, windows 8.1
You'll save 400$, have a much better pc, and have no compatibility issues for any program you need to run.

FISH
05-12-2015, 04:18 AM
Digitalstorm is bad too. The markup value is too high for pc's that only last 5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Those laptops have what, 2-8gig ram intel i5's and decent hard drive space for 1200$?

You'll save 400$, have a much better pc, and have no compatibility issues for any program you need to run.

I am working my way towards a better computer but the Mac is something I have always wanted and once I get it then I would be able to do more things than I can right now. My dream is to be able to customize my own iMac because I just love those computers and it's very compatible with my iPhone 6. I just prefer Apple's OS and they designs of their products, they just have like a bright modern theme which is really inviting to me.

Volts
05-12-2015, 04:20 AM
1299.i bought it. i love it. it can do everything

TheWestonGuy
05-12-2015, 04:20 AM
Choose the macbook air. My sister has one. it's bootiful : D

FISH
05-12-2015, 05:37 AM
1299.i bought it. i love it. it can do everything

Pro or regular?

26FtW26
05-12-2015, 05:46 AM
Apple computers are crap, but suit yourself.

Hacktivate
05-12-2015, 05:50 AM
I prefer buying iMac than Mac Book.

Conan
05-12-2015, 07:51 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Digitalstorm price is high because its custom made by ENGINEERS some people doesn't want to take the risk of building a pc :P

Mac? PSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH

I run OSX on my Acer desktop hehehehe

Get a windows pc or laptop install OSX and you got what you want

If you want you could also install linux

And try C++ first then cross compiling the code then give it to your friend to test (Friend who has a mac)
That would be a better approach

FISH
05-12-2015, 11:05 AM
I prefer buying iMac than Mac Book.

Same here but I need a portable Mac too for school and stuff because I start high school next year and I have a feeling I will have a lot of work and not a lot of time at home. I know what you mean though, I am gonna get a iMac later that is probably more than twice as powerful.

Conan
05-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Same here but I need a portable Mac too for school and stuff because I start high school next year and I have a feeling I will have a lot of work and not a lot of time at home. I know what you mean though, I am gonna get a iMac later that is probably more than twice as powerful.

your in grade 6?

Study basic programming and scripting first before going to ObjC .-.

it would take years for you to make an app worthy for earning money