PDA

View Full Version : Should I start game development?

Conan
05-18-2015, 08:56 AM
Well im thinking of starting to do some games.

Do you think its worth it?

(I dont have $125 to shell out just to get an account on App Store and Play Store)

And im talking about game development on phones ;)

26FtW26
05-18-2015, 11:50 AM
If you have enough time, go for it!

Psycho
05-18-2015, 12:32 PM
It is my dream, you should go for it.

Conan
05-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Well the fact is, I am not creative enough to cook up ideas for a game xD

might also take a while since school is coming up and im gonna go to japan probably next week

BioTestificate
05-18-2015, 12:59 PM
I'll help you with the game ideas when you need.

radusavin366
05-18-2015, 01:00 PM

(I dont have $125 to shell out just to get an account on App Store and Play Store)

Why not, you know alot of stuff about this, so GO FOR IT :D

Conan
05-18-2015, 01:04 PM
I'll help you with the game ideas when you need.

Im kinda new to game development and was planning to use P+ hehehehe
Well only problem is how would i compile apps for mac and iOS lol
Probably gonna borrow my friends macbook.

Only real problem is i dont have time now lol

Edwardson97
05-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Goodluck on your quest, also i wouldn't mind helping. :rolleyes:
I suggest a MMORPG Sandbox, or if not that a action adventure. Look at what apps are popular on the app store and try to figure out how to make a game.

Conan
05-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Goodluck on your quest, also i wouldn't mind helping. :rolleyes:
I suggest a MMORPG Sandbox, or if not that a action adventure. Look at what apps are popular on the app store and try to figure out how to make a game.

Well i still need to get a damn android phone :( (I only have a samsung galaxy pocket GT-S5300)
So i can start

iOS hmmmm i have an iPhone but i cant develop apps since i dont have a mac
(I wish apple will make their compiler compatible with windows (Port their customized gcc to windows hehehe))

Im still waiting for me to have some time for it though. (Also an android phone
Well ill also just start making games when i have a new hdd since mine is almost full right now (2GB left of 40GB space. Well my old 500GB hdd broke and i cant buy a new one yet.)

SterbenPale
05-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Yess... please!
Im looking forward to this kind of projects

Markuss Marsans
05-18-2015, 03:46 PM
You can try of course

Magicalfishy
05-18-2015, 03:47 PM
I swear I was just thinking the same exact thing. "I wonder if Conan would start making a game like Growtopia." I literally just logged into the forums to ask you if there are any good free security programs for PC.

Conan
05-18-2015, 03:50 PM
I swear I was just thinking the same exact thing. "I wonder if Conan would start making a game like Growtopia." I literally just logged into the forums to ask you if there are any good free security programs for PC.

Well im the type of person who doesnt want to copy or let anyone copy my work. :)

IDK about antiviruses because i had problems WITH EVER SINGLE AVs.

I suggest that just not click suspicious links.
Also use Sandboxie on suspicious apps.

Thats just the security i need.

PS You have some prediction powers xD

Magicalfishy
05-18-2015, 03:51 PM
Well im the type of person who doesnt want to copy or let anyone copy my work. :)

IDK about antiviruses because i had problems WITH EVER SINGLE AVs.

I suggest that just not click suspicious links.
Also use Sandboxie on suspicious apps.

Thats just the security i need.

I mean don't copy Growtopia, but you should definitely build an MMO. Preferably PvP based. :o

A community of about 100 people honestly wouldn't be too bad.

Tempting
05-18-2015, 04:07 PM
When you have the time, go for it.

Conan
05-18-2015, 04:10 PM
I mean don't copy Growtopia, but you should definitely build an MMO. Preferably PvP based. :o

A community of about 100 people honestly wouldn't be too bad.

Well im still not thinking to make an online game.
(Security issues against hacka etc)
Im currently studying more about security so maybe ill do an online game after i finish studying it.

Thanks for the ideas though

Hans
05-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Nobody's stopping you, so I say go for it.

You have no dead-line, like those official game developers so take your time, but remember, you don't have all the time in the world =P

TheWestonGuy
05-18-2015, 04:36 PM
Well the fact is, I am not creative enough to cook up ideas for a game xD

might also take a while since school is coming up and im gonna go to japan probably next week

Make a 2d game. Like terraria. But more interesting. Good luck doe!

SwafGaming
05-18-2015, 05:19 PM
your pretty GOOD at develomept stuff

off topic : i asked my teacher about the PHP and he answered : uh..uhhh.uhhh its a code that you will not understand it :crazy:

craft3d
05-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Well i still need to get a damn android phone :( (I only have a samsung galaxy pocket GT-S5300)
So i can start

iOS hmmmm i have an iPhone but i cant develop apps since i dont have a mac
(I wish apple will make their compiler compatible with windows (Port their customized gcc to windows hehehe))

Im still waiting for me to have some time for it though. (Also an android phone
Well ill also just start making games when i have a new hdd since mine is almost full right now (2GB left of 40GB space. Well my old 500GB hdd broke and i cant buy a new one yet.)

You should get a SSD for faster Hard Drive usage. Also, if you figure out how to compile the apps, and get code written for a beginner game (text adventure or something like that) then go for it.

Conan
05-18-2015, 08:54 PM
You should get a SSD for faster Hard Drive usage. Also, if you figure out how to compile the apps, and get code written for a beginner game (text adventure or something like that) then go for it.

What im trying to find out is how should i compile apps for iOS .-.

Android is not a problems since there are cross compilers for it.

PS i prefer HDDs currently due to space
(Faster bootup times doesnt matter as i leave my computer on for almost 24/7 unless i have school)

SSDs are only good for games and faster bootup times. SSDs are a waste in development because it will wear out faster due to multiple writes in changing code

Magicalfishy
05-18-2015, 09:47 PM
Well im still not thinking to make an online game.
(Security issues against hacka etc)
Im currently studying more about security so maybe ill do an online game after i finish studying it.

Thanks for the ideas though

Well you could make a private server based online game and then make it public once you know how to get good security for it.

Conan
05-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Well you could make a private server based online game and then make it public once you know how to get good security for it.

Closed Beta?

Hmm i might start coding when i start school. (Most probably my ticket to get a chance to enter the robotics team of a school i might be transferring to)

OnlyKING0
05-18-2015, 10:03 PM
Seriousy you should and i wanna help if thats ok with you . I know PHp and ruby .

Conan
05-18-2015, 10:06 PM
Seriousy you should and i wanna help if thats ok with you . I know PHp and ruby .

Well i recommend that you study C++ ;)
It would be easy for yah since you have experience in PHP
(PHP is the c++ of the web)

php was my first actual programming language.
PS c++ is fun to learn

OnlyKING0
05-19-2015, 01:42 AM
Well i recommend that you study C++ ;)
It would be easy for yah since you have experience in PHP
(PHP is the c++ of the web)

php was my first actual programming language.
PS c++ is fun to learn

nobody teaches C++:cry:

craft3d
05-19-2015, 03:53 AM

(Faster bootup times doesnt matter as i leave my computer on for almost 24/7 unless i have school)

SSDs are only good for games and faster bootup times. SSDs are a waste in development because it will wear out faster due to multiple writes in changing code

Well, if you need something done quickly, you should consider an extra $40. But if you are writing codes and making source code and stuff, get a HDD.

Also, do you know how to root Android or iOS devices? Just considering.

peck
05-19-2015, 03:54 AM

I think he meant an SSD for the server.

Not sure why everyone thinks security on servers is a real issue.
Never trust the client with the least load you can do.

craft3d
05-19-2015, 03:55 AM
nobody teaches C++:cry:

*cough* *cough* youtube *cough* *cough* READING *cough* *cough*

Thanatos
05-19-2015, 03:56 AM
Game development takes a while so just brainstorm ideas and aspects before you take full dive. But once you are prepared, go for it.

craft3d
05-19-2015, 04:03 AM

If he is making a online server, he would probably need a SSD, but for the main source code computer or his work computer, HDD would be more preferred.

peck
05-19-2015, 04:05 AM
If he is making a online server, he would probably need a SSD, but for the main source code computer or his work computer, HDD would be more preferred.

That's what I support??

craft3d
05-19-2015, 04:10 AM
That's what I support??

Ok....I was just adding on to what you said, and I supported it.

Shiruka
05-19-2015, 11:39 AM

Well if you actually want to make a game that will go viral then go for it! I might even promote it on my channel..... but I doubt that would help lol.

Conan
05-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Well, if you need something done quickly, you should consider an extra $40. But if you are writing codes and making source code and stuff, get a HDD.

Also, do you know how to root Android or iOS devices? Just considering.

Of course i know how to jailbreak and root
I have been jailbreaking for 6 years and rooting for 4 years (*And earning money from it)

Well try hacking into 1conan.ml
Lets check if you can get in ;)

your pretty GOOD at develomept stuff

off topic : i asked my teacher about the PHP and he answered : uh..uhhh.uhhh its a code that you will not understand it :crazy:

Lol one teacher who doesnt satisfy ones curiosity

I actually learned programming by myself (Books and research)
My school doesnt teach c++ and php only VB.NET and html .-.

peck
05-19-2015, 09:58 PM
Well try hacking into 1conan.ml
Lets check if you can get in ;)

What? I said server security isn't an issue these days, are you challenging that your website has poor security and I should attempt to screw with it?

Conan
05-19-2015, 10:06 PM
What? I said server security isn't an issue these days, are you challenging that your website has poor security and I should attempt to screw with it?

I always ask people to screw with it :P
So i can find whats the problem and fix it .-.

Well its ahrd to get in my server

fail2ban hueheuehuehu

peck
05-19-2015, 10:10 PM
I always ask people to screw with it :P
So i can find whats the problem and fix it .-.

Well its ahrd to get in my server

fail2ban hueheuehuehu

Well you could work on DOS protection as your server seems to have none. I have a high membership on titanium stressor, if you want me to use up some time on it you'll have to pay me equivalent in according to downtime.

Conan
05-19-2015, 10:23 PM
Well you could work on DOS protection as your server seems to have none. I have a high membership on titanium stressor, if you want me to use up some time on it you'll have to pay me equivalent in according to downtime.

DoSing isnt equivalent to getting into a server

Get your facts right /fp

peck
05-19-2015, 11:20 PM
DoSing isnt equivalent to getting into a server

Get your facts right /fp
Ahh so ignore DOS protection all together because it's out of your league i'm guessing? No DOS is not theft of any kind, and your definition of "hacking" is walls of matrix greentext to get all the passcodes to your youtube tutorial level code or something? I can't recall where but you were being a true normie around a coding tutorial preaching that netbeans has lack of a compiler.
Finally you hide this with a /fp? I hear thats real fresh over these parts from the all o mighty growblocks, created with the staff member of the Ludum dare and such (which he isn't even known for though more successful and world-wide in that department)
If you're treated a leader around these parts what would posting my codelings make me? /g is more suited for your technical knowledge. Im sure my colleagues would be greatly impressed of your web 1.0 website as much as you are.

Conan
05-20-2015, 01:35 AM
Ahh so ignore DOS protection all together because it's out of your league i'm guessing? No DOS is not theft of any kind, and your definition of "hacking" is walls of matrix greentext to get all the passcodes to your youtube tutorial level code or something? I can't recall where but you were being a true normie around a coding tutorial preaching that netbeans has lack of a compiler.
Finally you hide this with a /fp? I hear thats real fresh over these parts from the all o mighty growblocks, created with the staff member of the Ludum dare and such (which he isn't even known for though more successful and world-wide in that department)
If you're treated a leader around these parts what would posting my codelings make me? /g is more suited for your technical knowledge. Im sure my colleagues would be greatly impressed of your web 1.0 website as much as you are.

Well if u notice i dont use Java
I just said netbeans isnt a compiler. i didnt say that netbeans doesnt have a bundled compiler
And PS i dont follow any tutorials like you say. you dont know me so dont make assumptions without proper proof.

Get your details right before saying anything

And another one. If your gonna DoS me using titanium stresser, i can assume you dont read ToS or AuP of services u subscribe to
its clearly mentioned in the Use license

Under this license you may not: Intentionally send a ddos flood to an IP address not owned by yourself;

And DoSing my server? You wanna be one of the pathetic skids of the tech world? I hope not.

Ill just ignore your posts from now on

i dont understand thing techy techy thing but go for it man, as a source of money?(sideline mo na yan pre kaya yan)

Hahahaa I was thinking if i could earn money from it (Haha hirap pera ngayun eh)

peck
05-20-2015, 02:03 AM
Well if u notice i dont use Java
I just said netbeans isnt a compiler. i didnt say that netbeans doesnt have a bundled compiler
And PS i dont follow any tutorials like you say. you dont know me so dont make assumptions without proper proof.

Get your details right before saying anything

And another one. If your gonna DoS me using titanium stresser, i can assume you dont read ToS or AuP of services u subscribe to
its clearly mentioned in the Use license

And DoSing my server? You wanna be one of the pathetic skids of the tech world? I hope not.

Ill just ignore your posts from now on

Hahahaa I was thinking if i could earn money from it (Haha hirap pera ngayun eh)

Oh man terms of service? Yea that sure stopped me from testing it on "'my' multiple home networks". Another "techie" all "pics or it didn't happen" mad at me for suggesting DOS protection for your website. Ignore me honey.

Conan
05-20-2015, 02:07 AM
Oh man terms of service? Yea that sure stopped me from testing it on "'my' multiple home networks". Another "techie" all "pics or it didn't happen" mad at me for suggesting DOS protection for your website. Ignore me honey.

I wasnt mad at you for suggesting DoS protection.

I just always use the ":P" emoticon.

peck
05-20-2015, 02:09 AM
I wasnt mad at you for suggesting DoS protection.

I just always use the ":P" emoticon.

Ah so just annoyed that I suggested such a thing instead of searching for holes? About as annoying as being told to get my stuff together when you straight up assumed I believed DOS was getting behind a server.

Conan
05-20-2015, 02:12 AM
Ah so just annoyed that I suggested such a thing instead of searching for holes?

Well i was not annoyed. sorry if i seemed rude to yah.

I talk like that even in real life.

I dont think anyone would attack the server though. If someone did i could just ask the provider to nullroute my ip or they could do it once they detected an attack.

PS i think your a cool guy ;D

Well one thing id do as soon as i launch a normal operating website is get a small ddos protected vps and setup a nginx proxy to my server. that would do for ddos protection.

(I hate migrating servers its a pain in the ass (Reconfiguring crap))

Oh and also
I miss that Server i got from OVH (DDoS protected) it just gives me a too much unstable connection when using SSH or SCP because of the high latency so i got a server in Oregon

(Oh i should have enabled cloudflare on teh root damain lol)

26FtW26
05-21-2015, 06:10 PM
I am conf... I mean
http://funnypictures.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/funny-pictures-cat-tech-support.jpg I got this!

26FtW26
05-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Get out! This thread is for helping him, not making memes!

You get out. I thought you were done with being a :poop:, apparently you're not.
This is a public forum, if you are not intelligent enough to know what that means, pay more attention in school.

Also, it's ironic that you tell me I am off topic, while on a thread talking about the FNAF nightmare chica, you posted this:

FNAF sucks it's BORING

Your own SIGNATURE says "Yeah, I know why you're here. You're one of those fanboys/fangirls who keep screaming when I have my own opinion. Free country, you know," while you yourself can not stand even the fraction of someone else's opinion.

You will get KARMA
05-21-2015, 07:45 PM
Start off with google play, costs alot less and more public.

Conan
05-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Too bad i dont have a debit card or a credit card :P lol

I need to get out? Says the one who goes being an arrogant w***** s***head to me

Can you chill down? i dont really like your replies

PS let this thread die and get locked

I already talked to peck and he gave me tons of ideas and suggestions

Magicalfishy
05-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Too bad i dont have a debit card or a credit card :P lol

Can you chill down? i dont really like your replies

PS let this thread die and get locked

I already talked to peck and he gave me tons of ideas and suggestions

I have a card, and I'd be glad to help you. :p

Conan
05-22-2015, 03:36 PM
I have a card, and I'd be glad to help you. :p

Im probably get one once i finished making some apps xD

craft3d
05-22-2015, 10:29 PM

Harder for optimization though, but it is way cheaper so it is kind of worth it