PDA

View Full Version : Help me please?

Elusive
05-20-2015, 02:57 AM
I need help from any computer techies, so if you don't know anything about computers you can't help me :eek:

So i got back home from the beach from a school field trip this weekend and my nephew was home all day i let him use my computer and he tried downloading a game on my computer illegally but instead he got a bunch of adwares and who knows what else this computer might hold now. There's adware in my google chrome and on the computer, when i start up my computer it opens up a new browser saying i have viruses and i need to call a specific number to get help/service(this is probably a scam). The browser doesn't show on my taskbar nor does it show on the task manager so i can't close nor click 'end task'. I've tried everything, "add/uninstall a program", deleting extensions, deleting the latest downloaded files on my computer, all those yet i haven't found the adware or virus. Also i prefer not to reset my computer and i haven't backed up my computer in ages.

Cloverlord
05-20-2015, 03:01 AM
You need to take you're computer to a shop. It won't be cheap but it's MUCH safer then attempting to do it manually.

CoryT
05-20-2015, 03:08 AM
I sense malware...

Factory reset your computer...

If that doesn't help, then Take it to a technician

Elusive
05-20-2015, 03:10 AM
You need to take you're computer to a shop. It won't be cheap but it's MUCH safer then attempting to do it manually.

My dad would just tell me it's my fault for not being careful and i don't like disturbing my parents. I'm thinking of buying a new computer soon anyway so i prefer not to waste anymore money on this computer.

Cloverlord
05-20-2015, 03:13 AM
My dad would just tell me it's my fault for not being careful and i don't like disturbing my parents. I'm thinking of buying a new computer soon anyway so i prefer not to waste anymore money on this computer.

Totally up to you, however until you buy the new one, there is not much you can do.

My laptop had the same issue as I was trying to download "Best Day Of My Life" by American Authors. Turns out, it was a nasty virus. It costed about $100, but I also got anti-virus protection so it came to $164.

peck
05-20-2015, 03:15 AM
Wait it opens a browser without using windows? If so, ignore the rest of this post and open your BIOS, deselect your hard drive as a boot option temporarily and bring it to a shop.

1. Disconnect that pc from the internet
2. On a seperate computer download malwarebytes installer onto a flash drive
3. Run installer and malwarebytes
4. After the scan is done, ensure your pc is set to show hidden folders.
5. Google "is freemoney.trojan a virus?" for each little thing you find in program data or appdata folder.

If anything refuses to delete, open task manager>show processes from all users> end similar name (and right click each svchost.exe and open file location, ensure that its from nowhere outside the windows folder)

Conan
05-20-2015, 03:23 AM
Wait it opens a browser without using windows? If so, ignore the rest of this post and open your BIOS, deselect your hard drive as a boot option temporarily and bring it to a shop.

5. Google "is freemoney.trojan a virus?" for each little thing you find in program data or appdata folder.

If anything refuses to delete, open task manager>show processes from all users> end similar name (and right click each svchost.exe and open file location, ensure that its from nowhere outside the windows folder)

Hey my PM limit was reached ill reply yah a pm in 40 minutes

Well so far best answer

One thing you could also do is get some "Rescue Disk" on the internet (Well like NBRT (Norton Bootable Recovery Tool)) then burn it to a disk or use a Unetbootin to put it in a usb t
then boot from the usb or cd then clean the hdd using it

PS do this only if the malware is preventing you to run or install an antivirus in your pc
(Or you could install it in Safe Mode (F8))

EDIT:
I think i know your problem (My sister messed with my pc and it also happened to me)

Go to safe mode (Bang your f8 key while starting up)
Login to windows
Check startup apps (Windows key +r then type "msconfig" (Without quotes))
Disable almost every app (Especially suspicious ones)
Restart your pc
then run a Malware cleaning software

Elusive
05-20-2015, 03:33 AM
Spam F8 as you start the computer. If the boot option thing comes up, select the one with HDD or SSD, then continue spamming F8. Boot into safe mode and tell us what you find now.

I'll probably try this and see what happens, i think i'll search Youtube for tutorials first before i mess up this computer even more :sweatdrop:

Totally up to you, however until you buy the new one, there is not much you can do.

My laptop had the same issue as I was trying to download "Best Day Of My Life" by American Authors. Turns out, it was a nasty virus. It costed about $100, but I also got anti-virus protection so it came to $164.

Glad i'm not alone.. and that's a lot of money.

If you want to take the easy way out and reinstall Windows, get hold of a Windows DVD, boot from it by setting your BIOS (at the initial startup screen aka Power On Self Test screen, they will tell you what key to press)

Back to what you said before, i'm scared i might make things worst.

There is a window open, there is the X button on the topright corner but if i try to click it to exit the window it'll just give me a continuous popup that says "End now", i don't remember, but sometimes it does close. Right now it's not up.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone that replied to this thread, i was sure i wasn't going to get any replies because of course this is a mobile game forums. Anyways my computer isn't messed up too badly, it only has adware. No viruses....... yet.

Conan
05-20-2015, 03:40 AM
I'll probably try this and see what happens, i think i'll search Youtube for tutorials first before i mess up this computer even more :sweatdrop:

Glad i'm not alone.. and that's a lot of money.

Back to what you said before, i'm scared i might make things worst.

There is a window open, there is the X button on the topright corner but if i try to click it to exit the window it'll just give me a continuous popup that says "End now", i don't remember, but sometimes it does close. Right now it's not up.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone that replied to this thread, i was sure i wasn't going to get any replies because of course this is a mobile game forums. Anyways my computer isn't messed up too badly, it only has adware. No viruses....... yet.

Dont think something would make it worse

All their suggestions are valid and safe
And if all their suggestions doesnt work, its time to reformat that pc.

Elusive
05-20-2015, 03:54 AM
Dont think something would make it worse

All their suggestions are valid and safe
And if all their suggestions doesnt work, its time to reformat that pc.

Thanks, glad to hear that. I'm just paranoid because back then when we had a family computer it was one of those fat computers back in 1990s and it had viruses, whenever we started it up all it would show is the black screen with coding words.

peck
05-20-2015, 03:58 AM
I have reformatted this computer like 4 times. 1st time, it was due to messing up my partition trying to run Mac OSX on my computer :sweatdrop: (my mistake)
2nd time, I needed to downgrade Windows 8 Developer Preview to Windows 7.
3rd time, Windows 8.1 to Windows 7.
4th time, 12 viruses on my computer, because I disabled my antivirus once and forgot to turn it on. After reinstalling Windows, everything has 0 viruses now :yeah:

Well aren't you a special snowflake.