PDA

View Full Version : "Everyone" - Think before you speak.

26FtW26
05-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Hello. In this post I'll be talking about a problem that isn't actually that critical, but it's almost never noticed.
"Everyone", "every person" etc. has probably been used by most of the people who can speak. You have probably used it many times. On the forums, in school, talking to your parents, whenever. But have you ever actually thought if you have the right to speak for everyone about that subject? Probably not.

When you say "everyone", you are talking for every person alive or dead, or in some cases about everyone in a certain group. Sure, if the group is 2-10 people you might know something that everyone in that group has in common. But, what about, for instance, the Growtopia players? They/we are also a certain group of people. And that group consists of over 1 million people. "Everyone knows how to splice [item]" is not true. There are people out there who have just started and have no idea how to splice it. And that is just one of millions examples.

I am not trying to cause drama and/or bash on a particular forumer/player/person.
Just something to think about.

PURPLE585
05-23-2015, 01:08 PM
Everyone knows that

Cyah
05-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Didn't notice that before 😂

26FtW26
05-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Everyone knows that

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ u wot

Shadin Siddique
05-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Is it because of the MrQb guy? :crazy:

ParkourDevil
05-23-2015, 01:16 PM

Yea i think so:crazy:

26FtW26
05-23-2015, 01:16 PM

Not entirely. He just reminded me to post this.

Widi Yanto
05-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Yea,i agree

ElectroDream
05-23-2015, 01:46 PM
When I was a noob, i came to the forum and actually learnt some commands like /ban.

And I'd agree, ugh it's not like everyone here knows everything though the forumers are (slightly) more experienced.

Pretty
05-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Well, perhaps players here tend to imply "everyone" as "everyone in GT". There, that puts a limit to it, so as to avoid generalising every human.

I may have been guilty of this at some point... I don't know...

I notice this stuff... I just don't care a lot as bringing it up to those players would stir madness or whatsoever. I can't change them. And it's their opinion anyway. Unless they state it as a fact, then that's my cue to laugh and ask them where they got that datum from. :crazy:

Hans
05-23-2015, 05:07 PM
Everyone in GT has legend drag!!!!!!!!!111!!,,,,1!,!:crazy::crazy::crazy::cr azy::panic::panic::panic::panic:

PolarisHD
05-23-2015, 05:10 PM
Then I guess you can't use the word "everyone" anymore.

Gusto
05-23-2015, 08:01 PM
The term "everyone" really just is a hyperbole. It isn't meant to be taken literally, and It isn't really a problem in my opinion. When someone says "Oh, everyone knows [insert whatever here]" they mean everyone who includes them and others who do know.

Like I've said a million times before dinosaurs went extinct, a hyperbole isn't meant to be taken seriously. { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•}

Magicalfishy
05-23-2015, 08:38 PM
"This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger;" James 1:19