PDA

View Full Version : It's so close..

ParkourDevil
05-23-2015, 04:53 PM
My confirmation in the church! It's so close, it's really soon!
TOMORROW IN ABOUT 10 hours!

MBG090
05-23-2015, 04:54 PM

Wait a minute...so this means you're...12-13!!??

26FtW26
05-23-2015, 04:54 PM
whats a confirmation in the church?

ParkourDevil
05-23-2015, 04:56 PM

It's like that i can get married in the church (there's many things that i can do after i'm confirmed)

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a minute...so this means you're...12-13!!??

I am 14 ;D

iHateThis
05-23-2015, 04:57 PM
Which Religion do you belong to?

26FtW26
05-23-2015, 04:57 PM
It's like that i can get married in the church (there's many things that i can do after i'm confirmed)

- - - Updated - - -

I am 14 ;D

So basically bragging rights? xD :crazy:

MBG090
05-23-2015, 04:58 PM

I'm not sure if it's in other religions, but I'm a christian and what it is is, when you are 7-9 years old you make your communion in the church.
When you are 11-13 years old you make your confirmation and it basically means you are confirmed a christian and you will never betray the religion.
That's just my knowledge anyway.:hat:

26FtW26
05-23-2015, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure if it's in other religions, but I'm a christian and what it is is, when you are 7-9 years old you make your communion in the church.
When you are 11-13 years old you make your confirmation and it basically means you are confirmed a christian and you will never betray the religion.

Religion is the dumbest thing in my opinion. So many people died because of it in the past. Not even going to talk about all the families it has ripped apart...

Hans
05-23-2015, 05:10 PM
Religion is the dumbest thing in my opinion. So many people died because of it in the past. Not even going to talk about all the families it has ripped apart...

Everybody has their own opinions, I guess. But expect some hater to say somethings to you like; "Go to hell" or "Die jackass".

LOL. I'm not sure, but probably some of them will get offended. I understand cuz ur estonian

ParkourDevil
05-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Which Religion do you belong to?

Christianity

- - - Updated - - -

So basically bragging rights? xD :crazy:

No i get over 1000€ after the confirmation (True story, it's kind of a thing in finland to give huge amounts of money after you're confirmed):crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

That's just my knowledge anyway.:hat:

In finnish lutheral tradition it's a six month case with people who are older than 14. Usually 14-16 year olds do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe in anything, i just want to get confirmed :crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

Everybody has their own opinions, I guess. But expect some hater to say somethings to you like; "Go to hell" or "Die jackass".

LOL. I'm not sure, but probably some of them will get offended. I understand cuz ur estonian

Yes, everybody has their own opinions

Conan
05-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Christianity

- - - Updated - - -

No i get over 1000€ after the confirmation (True story, it's kind of a thing in finland to give huge amounts of money after you're confirmed):crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

In finnish lutheral tradition it's a six month case with people who are older than 14. Usually 14-16 year olds do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe in anything, i just want to get confirmed :crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, everybody has their own opinions

Time to go to finland! *Flies away*

JK

Wait Finland is the home of nokia :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

If you dont believe anything, your doing this for de money? .-. that would be abusing it

Shadin Siddique
05-23-2015, 07:07 PM
Wait! You get 1,000 Euros just for a lame confirmation?! heck man.

ParkourDevil
05-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Wait! You get 1,000 Euros just for a lame confirmation?! heck man.

I will use 100€ of it on steam, 400€ for clothes and something else and save the rest :D

just one growtopian
05-23-2015, 08:14 PM
I'll explain a little.

In Finland, every christian goes to a christian camp where you learn about the religion etc. Then, you will be confirmed as a full member of the church and after that most of the people will celebrate it by inviting relatives and other important people to a little party and they will usually give money or gifts to the person who has been confirmed.

I got that same camp & confirmation on summer:panic: im so excited:yeah:

ParkourDevil
05-23-2015, 08:17 PM
I'll explain a little.

In Finland, every christian goes to a christian camp where you learn about the religion etc. Then, you will be confirmed as a full member of the church and after that most of the people will celebrate it by inviting relatives and other important people to a little party and they will usually give money or gifts to the person who has been confirmed.

I got that same camp & confirmation on summer:panic: im so excited:yeah:

Gongrats man! Have fun :D

26FtW26
05-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Gongrats man! Have fun :D

How could that be fun... seems like hell IMO. Even though that sounds highly ironic. :rolleyes:

ParkourDevil
05-23-2015, 09:05 PM
How could that be fun... seems like hell IMO. Even though that sounds highly ironic. :rolleyes:

Actually there's hella more activities than study christianity. In my camp there was skiing, ice skating, games and whole bunch of other fun activities

Boomer
05-23-2015, 09:17 PM

Ooooo I want money just to get confirmed. Can I come? Hell, that's a little over $1000 here in the US.

26FtW26
05-23-2015, 09:25 PM
Over 1k euro?
Worth it.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Facebook_like_thumb.png

iHateThis
05-23-2015, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=26FtW26;1439493]Over 1k euro?
Worth it. =/QUOTE]
You shouldn't want to join a religion just for the money, it defeats the purpose.

ParkourDevil
05-24-2015, 05:09 AM

Im off to my confirmation

Goat
05-24-2015, 10:29 AM
I', catholic and had my confirmation back when I was 12.

Magicalfishy
05-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Not sure why this even exists as a thing. I for one wouldn't want money for my beliefs... Christ has already given us more than we deserve as Christians.

What's worth more?

A. Eternal Life & Eternal Joy

B. 1,000 Euros

I don't even go to church and haven't for many years due to no good ones being around me, but I can tell you being "confirmed" isn't a thing I've ever seen or heard of. Man doesn't need to confirm you, only God knows the heart of man. To me this just sounds like they're desperate to find people who call themselves Christians.

|ThyLuigi|
05-24-2015, 03:00 PM
Ah, this thread truly disgusts me. Are you really getting confirmed just for the 1000€?

Megazork
05-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Not sure why this even exists as a thing. I for one wouldn't want money for my beliefs... Christ has already given us more than we deserve as Christians.

What's worth more?

B. 1,000 Euros

I don't even go to church and haven't for many years due to no good ones being around me, but I can tell you being "confirmed" isn't a thing I've ever seen or heard of. Man doesn't need to confirm you, only God knows the heart of man. To me this just sounds like they're desperate to find people who call themselves Christians.

This confirmation sounds like Baptism to me.

26FtW26
05-24-2015, 03:23 PM
You shouldn't want to join a religion just for the money, it defeats the purpose.

The purpose of it is a matter of opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

What's worth more?

B. 1,000 Euros

B. because there is no eternal life nor eternal joy.

iHateThis
05-24-2015, 03:28 PM
The purpose of it is a matter of opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

B. because there is no eternal life nor eternal joy.

Just because you don't believe it, please just don't bash us for what we believe.

Conan
05-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Just because you don't believe it, please just don't bash us for what we believe.
http://i.imgur.com/cDIFz.png
NOTE: Just a troll
just wanted to post this

Are you baptized already?

Im already baptized a few yeard ago :yeah:

26FtW26
05-24-2015, 03:42 PM

Did I bash you? No.
You and I both know that eternal life isn't a thing. Otherwise, wouldn't every christian ever born be alive right now? :nope:

ParkourDevil
05-24-2015, 06:30 PM
There are many, many reasons why i'm getting confirmed, if you're disgusted about how i'm getting confirmed that's your problem. I didn't go there just for money

Shadin Siddique
05-24-2015, 06:34 PM
There are many, many reasons why i'm getting confirmed, if you're disgusted about how i'm getting confirmed that's your problem. I didn't go there just for money

How was your confirmation,give me 1,000€ via message pigeon.

ParkourDevil
05-24-2015, 06:35 PM
How was your confirmation,give me 1,000€ via message pigeon.

i actually got 1620€ :sweatdrop:

Megazork
05-24-2015, 06:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cDIFz.png
NOTE: Just a troll
just wanted to post this

Are you baptized already?

Im already baptized a few yeard ago :yeah:

I plan to get baptized soon.

Shadin Siddique
05-24-2015, 06:45 PM
i actually got 1620€ :sweatdrop:

Since your gonna use some of dem,give me 1€ via message pigeon.
Also what do te church people even do to find your confirmed?!

iHateThis
05-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Did I bash you? No.
You and I both know that eternal life isn't a thing. Otherwise, wouldn't every christian ever born be alive right now? :nope:

If you knew a thing about Christianity, you would know eternal life is in HEAVEN, not earth.

Besides, the three things to never bring into a conversation are religion, abortion, and politics.

Jasper Bravo
05-24-2015, 06:55 PM
Keep Calm my Fellow Grotopians :) Every people has their own beliefs. Don't judge others traditions and just stick to your beliefs and stop creating Sin >[^.^]<

-XeviousGen

peck
05-24-2015, 08:23 PM
Paid to get confirmed? Thats some high budget bribery.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6M7Txr- - - Updated - - -

As religon to many is the only reason to live and keeps family close when nothing else will.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I bash you? No.

I think you need to know at least a basic understanding of religon before you try to disprove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Baptism is centered around life of religon while confirmation is becoming an official member/deacon/elder of the church.

Conan
05-24-2015, 09:19 PM
I plan to get baptized soon.
*thumbs up*

As religon to many is the only reason to live and keeps family close when nothing else will.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you need to know at least a basic understanding of religon before you try to disprove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Baptism is centered around life of religon while confirmation is becoming an official member/deacon/elder of the church.
Whats your religion?

Megazork
05-24-2015, 11:03 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, thanks Peck. Wasn't too familiar with this "confirmation" business.

Magicalfishy
05-25-2015, 12:40 AM
Religion was kinda made in the old days to keep people disciplined:

>Be the perfect human and get eternal happiness

But these days people deny God because they want to keep their sinful ways under wraps. The truth is they are afraid God is actually real and they don't want to be punished for loving sin. There is no such thing as an atheist. I've been in the same situation as everybody else, and unbeliever. I would give my LIFE for anyone to see the truth. To know what it's like to be a true Christian who isn't afraid. To know that Christ died to died for your own sins. Believe me, I would do anything to show you.

If you are really a product of a materialistic universe, how is it that you don't feel at home there?

Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning.

If naturalism were true then all thoughts whatever would be wholly the result of irrational causes. It cuts its own throat.

A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading. There are traps everywhere--'Bibles laid open, millions of surprises,' as Herbert says, 'fine nets and stratagems.' God is, if I may say it, very unscrupulous.

Atheism, I began to realize, rested on a less-than-satisfactory evidential basis. The arguments that had once seemed bold, decisive, and conclusive increasingly turned out to be circular, tentative, and uncertain.

Thankfulness is one of the distinguishing traits of the human spirit. We sense the need to say thanks, and we realize we ought to be more grateful than we are. We furthermore perceive that we are indebted to (and accountable to) a higher power than ourselves — the God who made us. According to Scripture, everyone has this knowledge, including those who refuse to honor God or thank Him.

Ingratitude is dishonorable by anyone’s reckoning, but to be willfully ungrateful toward the Creator is to deny an essential aspect of our own humanity. The shame of such ingratitude is inscribed on the human conscience, and even the most dogmatic atheists are not immune from the knowledge that they ought to give thanks to God. Try as they might to suppress or deny the impulse, “what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them,” according to Romans 1:19.

Gee, a book written by people who believe in God says that everyone knows there is a God even if they don’t know it? Well that’s a terribly compelling argument. Why didn’t I think of that? Of course, “scripture” contains lots of stupid claims like this.

One atheist has practically made a hobby of writing articles to explain why atheists feel the need to be thankful and to answer the question of whom they might thank. His best answer? He says atheists can be grateful to farmers for the food we eat, to doctors for the health we enjoy, to engineers for the advantages of modern technology, to city workers for keeping our environment clean and orderly — and so on.

Here’s the problem with that: Tipping the waitress or tipping one’s hat to sanitation workers doesn’t even come close to resolving the problem of whom Mr. Dawkins should thank when he looks at the stars, stands at the edge of the Grand Canyon, or studies the world of countless wonders his microscope reveals in a single drop of pond water.

No one. Gratitude is only meaningful to those with a capacity for understanding it, meaning those with brains that allow such abstract thought. It would be absurd to express gratitude to a tree, since they can’t understand it anyway; the same holds for deities, since existence if a prerequisite to understanding.

After all, the starting point for atheistic materialism is the equation nobody times nothing equals everything. What could possibly be more irrational?

Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick. That isn’t a straw man, it’s an entire straw universe.

On some level, atheists themselves surely realize this. Proof of their internal angst is seen in the fact that so many of them are not content merely to disbelieve. They are militant in their opposition to God. They hate the very thought of God and would love to have every mention of Him removed from public discourse — as if that would somehow remove the burden of their own ingratitude and relieve the pangs of a guilty conscience.

But as Scripture says, it is the ultimate folly to try to suppress our own innate sense of obligation to our Maker. “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God’” says Psalm 14:1. In short, to deny God is to debase one’s own mind and dehumanize the whole person.

I’ll take amateur and moronic armchair psychology for $1000, Alex.

Read more: http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/11/26/macarthur-how-can-atheists-be-thankful/#ixzz3b6hFl3dc

I'm sorry. I've been getting really worked up lately about how people constantly call themselves "Atheists." How can you call yourself a human... you have nothing to believe in, nothing to work for, nothing to be grateful for, nothing to look forward to, nobody to look to for help, you're constantly sad and afraid, and most importantly you're afraid that when you die you lose everything and that is final.

Updated
05-25-2015, 05:00 AM
Wut? You get money after confirmation?

wuuut

Magicalfishy
05-25-2015, 01:43 PM
I find faith as in not knowing that there is a place of eternal joy for sure but still living perfectly just because you believe it's there, pretty strange in a way. You invest a lot of time in something that might just never happen.

Work for money for your family or strangers (homeless, poor etc etc)
Just being grateful that you exist too you know
Look forward to your life and "pluck the day" Carpe Diem
Seeking help I assume like personal problems you have friends for that

Would you consider buddism atheist (or atleast in some parts) it is just his way of thinking and a sort of philosophy. (Kind of unrelated)

Well, I know it's there. I am determined that when I die, that won't be the end because that's what the Bible says. None of use humans are perfect, but we can try our best not to mess up. Christians are supposed to use Jesus as their example. But you have to admit, denying God in your heart... that must be a sad life. To not know what path to take, to be afraid, to be sad and lonely, and to be insecure. Man that's really gotta stink. I feel bad for everybody that does.

Magicalfishy
05-25-2015, 11:06 PM
Its not really denying god, its more like: not believing and I have no need in a god or multiple gods. Like mentoined earlier, buddism is kind of interesting as it is more of a path and full of peace (No wars have been fought in name of buddism. Christianity is full of these such as crusades for the holy land and just no religion tolerance (atleast in the old days) buddism can be blended with multiple religions.)
I like meditation, it clears your mind and the calmness and serenity you feel after it man... you don't feel the need all the buissy emotions for a little while. (Sorry if I'm kind of unclear haha)

Well let me set you straight. There have been a big fat 0 wars fought in the name of true Christianity. Catholics fought the crusade, and there is a HUGE difference between Catholics and Christians. I absolutely hate it when people claim Catholicism is a "branch of Christianty." There are NO branches of Christianity. Christianity is based around the Bible, and most Catholics don't even use a Bible. They use a different Bible that has some original books, but they add a TON and got rid of a TON.

In another sense, a "Catholic Bible" is a Bible published in accordance with the prescriptions of Catholic canon law, which states:

Books of the sacred scriptures cannot be published unless the Apostolic See or the conference of bishops has approved them. For the publication of their translations into the vernacular, it is also required that they be approved by the same authority and provided with necessary and sufficient annotations.

With the permission of the Conference of Bishops, Catholic members of the Christian faithful in collaboration with separated brothers and sisters can prepare and publish translations of the sacred scriptures provided with appropriate annotations.[1]

Revelation 22:18-19King James Version (KJV)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Catholics also believe the Pope to be God Himself.

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me."
Also, more proof.

Absolutely any blood slain in the name of Christ is an abomination. Lives should not be taken, and for once reason once they are taken they may not be saved. Nobody should commit murder over their beliefs, that's just despicable. Everyone is free to believe what they would like to believe.

Also, Buddhism is an atheistic religion. They just follow the teachings of Buddha.

Buddhist schools vary on the exact nature of the path to liberation, the importance and canonicity of various teachings and scriptures, and especially their respective practices.[5][6] One consistent belief held by all Buddhist schools is the lack of a Creator deity. The foundations of Buddhist tradition and practice are the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the Dharma (the teachings), and the Sangha (the community). Taking "refuge in the triple gem" has traditionally been a declaration and commitment to being on the Buddhist path, and in general distinguishes a Buddhist from a non-Buddhist.[7] Other practices may include following ethical precepts; support of the monastic community; renouncing conventional living and becoming a monastic; the development of mindfulness and practice of meditation; cultivation of higher wisdom and discernment; study of scriptures; devotional practices; ceremonies; and in the Mahayana tradition, invocation of buddhas and bodhisattvas.

According to Buddhist traditions a Buddha is a fully awakened being who has completely purified his mind of the three poisons of desire, aversion and ignorance. A Buddha is no longer bound by Samsara and has ended the suffering which unawakened people experience in life.

I don't really understand the point, because that is completely impossible for any human to achieve.

Buddha's also got a prophecy for a new Buddha arising in the future. Check out the statue... he's got the globe in his hand.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Buddha_Beipu.jpg

Warning, just my opinion:
Sounds like the future coming of the anti-Christ to me, who will not only be a world leader but will also have 33 names. I also consider "spiritual" meditation to be very worldly and possibly even dark.

peck
05-26-2015, 05:33 AM
Whats your religion?
I don't believe in gods but I love the idea of community building and universal laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not really denying god, its more like: not believing and I have no need in a god or multiple gods. Like mentoined earlier, buddism is kind of interesting as it is more of a path and full of peace (No wars have been fought in name of buddism. Christianity is full of these such as crusades for the holy land and just no religion tolerance (atleast in the old days) buddism can be blended with multiple religions.)
I like meditation, it clears your mind and the calmness and serenity you feel after it man... you don't feel the need all the buissy emotions for a little while. (Sorry if I'm kind of unclear haha)

Meditation is tied with culture not religon, buddism has been fought along with hinduism very often back at ghandi times in india (maybe not wars, but massacre just like every religon). As much as people wanted to believe their religon was of peace, there were always extremists.

- - - Updated - - -

But these days people deny God because they want to keep their sinful ways under wraps. The truth is they are afraid God is actually real and they don't want to be punished for loving sin. There is no such thing as an atheist. I've been in the same situation as everybody else, and unbeliever. I would give my LIFE for anyone to see the truth. To know what it's like to be a true Christian who isn't afraid. To know that Christ died to died for your own sins. Believe me, I would do anything to show you.

I'm sorry. I've been getting really worked up lately about how people constantly call themselves "Atheists." How can you call yourself a human... you have nothing to believe in, nothing to work for, nothing to be grateful for, nothing to look forward to, nobody to look to for help, you're constantly sad and afraid, and most importantly you're afraid that when you die you lose everything and that is final.

I'm way too edgy currently, but I gotta keep going. You're saying this under the stereotype of athiests that you know of, I could say you're a bible thumper who joined relgion so you don't feel so scared about dying. Theres too many reasons why people do and don't believe in a god, the chances of you guessing the right ones are too miniscule to be resting on stereotypes.

Magicalfishy
05-26-2015, 01:44 PM
I don't believe in gods but I love the idea of community building and universal laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Meditation is tied with culture not religon, buddism has been fought along with hinduism very often back at ghandi times in india (maybe not wars, but massacre just like every religon). As much as people wanted to believe their religon was of peace, there were always extremists.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm way too edgy currently, but I gotta keep going. You're saying this under the stereotype of athiests that you know of, I could say you're a bible thumper who joined relgion so you don't feel so scared about dying. Theres too many reasons why people do and don't believe in a god, the chances of you guessing the right ones are too miniscule to be resting on stereotypes.

Hah. I'm not so foolish as to "join a religion" because I'm afraid of death. I saw the truth, and realized that the Bible actually makes sense and that these events have happened with proof. Not to mention evolution was proved wrong countless times, and the proven truth actually matches what the Bible says. I don't believe in any religion, call what I believe whatever you want. I simply believe the Bible and the Bible states that God exists, does it not? If so, I will state that I believe in the truth, nothing more nothing less. I know God exists, I know He sent Christ to die for our sins, I know there is a heaven and a hell. You can't simply go through life and do whatever the heck you want. There will obviously would be a punishment for sin, correct? And if God is perfect, we cannot be with Him unless our sins have been covered and paid for (Jesus Christ).

You're about the reasons why people do and don't, but there is one main reason. That reason is sin. Man does not want to let go of their materialistic and evil ways.

I've been exactly where everybody has been before, but I'm telling you weather you want to accept or deny it... the Bible actually makes logical sense.

All atheists are the same, they deny God in their heart so they don't have to deny sin. There is no "stereotype atheist." Atheists are scared of God existing, so in their hearts they just shove the idea down the drain. You can't deny it, they simply don't want God to exist.

Imposible to achieve? What about devoting your life to god that looks like an impossible task? How would meditation be dark? You are just clearing all the busy thoughts.

Devoting your life to God is possible. We aren't perfect, we are sinful human beings. Christ has forgiven our sins, so we don't have to be perfect. God commands us to act like Christ did, to try our very best to love one another and show other people the way. Devoting your life to God means to be a Christian, nothing more nothing less. Be the best possible Christ-like example you can be. Show others love and kindness, help people out, etc. As long as we have sin, we cannot be perfect. Temptations of sin can never be removed from humanity until death, thus making becoming a Buddha impossible.

And I do believe meditation influenced by mysticism to be dark. However, if you are talking about just having a clam mind, relaxing, or thinking to yourself - I don't consider that dark at all.

Mysticism is "a constellation of distinctive practices, discourses, texts, institutions, traditions, and experiences aimed at human transformation, variously defined in different traditions."[web 1]

The term "mysticism" has Ancient Greek origins with various historically determined meanings.[web 2][web 1] Derived from the Greek word μυω, meaning "to conceal",[web 1] mysticism referred to the biblical liturgical, spiritual, and contemplative dimensions of early and medieval Christianity[1] During the early modern period, the definition of mysticism grew to include a broad range of beliefs and ideologies related to "extraordinary experiences and states of mind".[2]

In modern times, "mysticism" has acquired a limited definition,[web 2] with broad applications,[web 2] as meaning the aim at the "union with the Absolute, the Infinite, or God".[web 2] This limited definition has been applied to a wide range of religious traditions and practices.

Contemporary meaning

See also: Western esotericism, Theosophy, Syncretism, Spirituality and New Age

In the 19th century the meaning of mysticism was considerably narrowed:[web 2]

The competition between the perspectives of theology and science resulted in a compromise in which most varieties of what had traditionally been called mysticism were dismissed as merely psychological phenomena and only one variety, which aimed at union with the Absolute, the Infinite, or God—and thereby the perception of its essential unity or oneness—was claimed to be genuinely mystical. The historical evidence, however, does not support such a narrow conception of mysticism

Crossing over into the "spiritual realm" isn't a smart idea.

Everybody wants a one world religion, and a one world government. Well, it'll come eventually. Heck, Bible prophecies have been proven real and some have even happened in front of our very eyes.

Magicalfishy
05-26-2015, 07:22 PM
How has evolution been proven wrong, plus isnt the story of Moses a bit far fetched? Sure you can say its god work but if I'd make up a random all mighty being it could surely do impossible stuff as well like sinking atlantis or something else ridiculous. The only source of information in Christianity is the bible which is a book over 1000 years old. Lots of things have changed since the early middle ages.
Also, what about dinosaurs, they are over 65 million years ago which was the dawn of small mammals (talking about rat like creatures) where creatures like apes and humans werent even close to what they look like today.

If the Bible was God's word, don't you think He could preserve it? Dinosaurs were killed off in the flood. Evolutionists use "the ice age" as a glorified flood. To me it really just seems like evolutionists are trying to come up with "scientific" excuses to explain Biblical events to try and rid of God. It's most likely some other species also died that couldn't handle the new climates and such. That's also how the earth has been carved and mangled and such. There's a bunch of evidence about evolution being false. This is the one I like the best. The sun grows closer and closer to the earth over the years, and if the earth is really as old as evolutionists claim, the sun would've engulfed the earth by now. And I'm not just saying that, there's plenty more scientific proof where that came from.

just one growtopian
05-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Isn't already enough fighting about that. A guy is trying to enjoy his confirmation and you are just fighting at his thread... cmon stop:nope:

Magicalfishy
05-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Isn't already enough fighting about that. A guy is trying to enjoy his confirmation and you are just fighting at his thread... cmon stop:nope:

We aren't fighting. We're actually friends and we're just friendly debating. :p

just one growtopian
05-26-2015, 07:44 PM
We aren't fighting. We're actually friends and we're just friendly debating. :p
Oh. Then i misunderstood. My apologies:wave:

Ps: just met you ingame:0

Magicalfishy
05-26-2015, 08:06 PM
In the gulf of Mexico there is clearly a crater (people found debris of a comet). By the time there was an ice age humans where involved dinosaurs where long gone: You might say that they didnt reach the arc but we have a lot of cave paintings with many different animals, now if dinosaurs lived in that era youd sure notice as the an apex predator was a T-rex or some smaller agile creature. These dinosaurs would be so dangerous and such a threat that caveman surerly would paint them like they did with so many other animals. I think some big stories in the bible have been proven to be impossible/fake. Even if ALL the current animals where on the arc surely the lions would eat other animals which isnt that handy since thats the last of its gender.

Well God granted peace upon them for the time being. Also, man and dinosaurs did live together. The Bible states that everything was created during the 7 days, obviously stating that they didn't slowly evolve. There are only about 3 main stories in the Bible, the rest (if most) aren't even visible today. [1]Creation, [2]the flood, Plagues which were given to Egypt, Moses parting the red sea and getting the Israelites to safety, Hannah not being able to reproduce but God gives her a son, water to wine, feed the 5,000 with five small loaves of barley bread and two small fish, Jesus walking on water, [3]and the death (crucifixion) and resurrection of Christ. None can be proven wrong, I would assume especially since God can do anything. Everything I stated were if not all the miracles in the Bible.

Magicalfishy
05-26-2015, 08:12 PM
Read my last post I added some quote. Also, humans and dinosaurs lived together? Man... I just dont know what to say about this.

Hmm. Your theory is interesting, but I would find it very hard to believe since this is as real as it gets. But hey, only one can dream.
http://media.tumblr.com/4ffbbdb9ca19cd1a21e4df5b81fc9225/tumblr_inline_mg9ls4tPrr1r38yn4.gif

And as for your other quote, that's interesting but I'm pretty sure there is a reason. Keep in mind that the tower of babel had not yet come into play, and humans were not yet spread across the earth. Very interesting though... someone with more knowledge than me could probably answer such a question.

Berenice
05-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Actually there's hella more activities than study christianity. In my camp there was skiing, ice skating, games and whole bunch of other fun activities

And your church allows you to say hella?

ParkourDevil
05-26-2015, 08:53 PM
And your church allows you to say hella?

Like it's their business what i say

Solsagann
05-26-2015, 08:56 PM
As much as I respect people who lives their religion peacefully without harming anyone, I find it really disturbing to deny the evolution.
It has been proved so much times for a couple of centuries, and I don't want to enter an endless debate about things we drastically disagree on, but believing in creationism either shows in my opinion a huge lack of informations and education, and/or a certain narrowness of mind. The amount of scientifical thesis and actual facts throughout the world seems important enough to realize that, no matter who you have trust in, the universe didn't magically pop up on a sunny morning thanks to God/Allah/whatever. Which is why a lot of theist people from all around the world and from a large panel of religions believes in their god aswell as the evolution. Creationism is basically a detail that got carried by the Church for centuries and the fact that it's a big chunck of its beliefs made it hard for them to officially renouncing to it, religions have to adapt to the world they live in and I'm pretty sure my mate Galileo would relate about how the Church doesn't like to be wrong.

Magicalfishy
05-26-2015, 09:04 PM
As much as I respect people who lives their religion peacefully without harming anyone, I find it really disturbing to deny the evolution.
It has been proved so much times for a couple of centuries, and I don't want to enter an endless debate about things we drastically disagree on, but believing in creationism either shows in my opinion a huge lack of informations and education, and/or a certain narrowness of mind. The amount of scientifical thesis and actual facts throughout the world seems important enough to realize that, no matter who you have trust in, the universe didn't magically pop up on a sunny morning thanks to God/Allah/whatever. Which is why a lot of theist people from all around the world and from a large panel of religions believes in their god aswell as the evolution. Creationism is basically a detail that got carried by the Church for centuries and the fact that it's a big chunck of its beliefs made it hard for them to officially renouncing to it, religions have to adapt to the world they live in and I'm pretty sure my mate Galileo would relate about how the Church doesn't like to be wrong.

It's not the church, it's everybody. No man wants to be wrong, ever. This is why the debates go on and on. But anyways, the universe itself would be completely impossible to just be existing or whatever you want to say besides for created. There is no possible way that a thing this complex could just simple exist and somehow it all works out fine... I don't think nature could produce something so complicated. Also, what are your thoughts on my comment about the sun moving closer? The earth shouldn't even be existing right now.

I've been exactly where everybody else has been. I just wish everybody else could go through what I've been through and see things for the way they are supposed to be seen. But the Bible says narrow is the path to heaven, and wide is the path to hell. If you deny God in your heart He will deny you... I hope that you at least think of the possibility that God exists and that you are prepared to face Him with your opinions.

I live by a simple rule. Whatever you do, be prepared to face the consequences for your actions.

Berenice
05-27-2015, 03:37 AM
Like it's their business what i say

... I don't even know how to respond to this, you shouldn't be confirmed for :poop: in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

We are not deformed apes, that sounds stupid

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the church, it's everybody. No man wants to be wrong, ever. This is why the debates go on and on. But anyways, the universe itself would be completely impossible to just be existing or whatever you want to say besides for created. There is no possible way that a thing this complex could just simple exist and somehow it all works out fine... I don't think nature could produce something so complicated. Also, what are your thoughts on my comment about the sun moving closer? The earth shouldn't even be existing right now.

I've been exactly where everybody else has been. I just wish everybody else could go through what I've been through and see things for the way they are supposed to be seen. But the Bible says narrow is the path to heaven, and wide is the path to hell. If you deny God in your heart He will deny you... I hope that you at least think of the possibility that God exists and that you are prepared to face Him with your opinions.

I live by a simple rule. Whatever you do, be prepared to face the consequences for your actions.

What Fishy said

Bamboo2004
05-27-2015, 05:45 AM
Could you guys just lay off the Evolution vs Creationism flame war?

You guys act like writing full page essays is going to persuade anyone to think the same way you do, when really, it won't.

In short, please just respect each others decisions and stop trying to shove your opinions down people's throats. Past generations thought what they thought was true, true, but now proven wrong. How do we know that what we think NOW is not flawed in some way?

Magicalfishy
05-27-2015, 01:39 PM
Could you guys just lay off the Evolution vs Creationism flame war?

You guys act like writing full page essays is going to persuade anyone to think the same way you do, when really, it won't.

In short, please just respect each others decisions and stop trying to shove your opinions down people's throats. Past generations thought what they thought was true, true, but now proven wrong. How do we know that what we think NOW is not flawed in some way?

Don't worry, when I debate someone we're not fighting. Most of the people I debated in the past were my friends anyways. We're just having a friendly discussion about life. Of course it would be smarter just to talk in person. Not really sure how it happens, but hey when somebody gives one side of the story someone else has to be there to give the other half. :P

A flame war is when people are cursing, and that is most definitely not what we are doing; and we aren't shoving our opinions down each others' throats either. Also, what do you mean that past generations have been proven wrong? I don't find that to be true at all.

Anyways, I'm done here. But don't expect someone expressing false information is going to just get away with it. I'm the voice for those who cannot speak, and those who are afraid to speak up.

http://i.giphy.com/qe9K8qYKxNUuk.gif

Shadin Siddique
05-27-2015, 01:52 PM
Don't worry, when I debate someone we're not fighting. Most of the people I debated in the past were my friends anyways. We're just having a friendly discussion about life. Of course it would be smarter just to talk in person. Not really sure how it happens, but hey when somebody gives one side of the story someone else has to be there to give the other half. :P

A flame war is when people are cursing, and that is most definitely not what we are doing; and we aren't shoving our opinions down each others' throats either. Also, what do you mean that past generations have been proven wrong? I don't find that to be true at all.

Anyways, I'm done here. But don't expect someone expressing false information is going to just get away with it. I'm the voice for those who cannot speak, and those who are afraid to speak up.

What's your opinion about Islam? They also have a holy book like Christians known as Qur'an.