PDA

View Full Version : Complaint for lua edit in linux.

haramanai
02-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi.
I am writing for the lua edit button in linux.
I am not good programmer at all and when I am trying to acomplish something I have to go to tryial and error method. But in linux I cannot do that as I have to restart novashell every time I change some code.

So I am here to complaint about the lua editor in linux to Seth as suggested by Seth.

P.S. For now can someone give me the best way to reload the lua when I am editing.

Thanks.

mikael
02-06-2008, 08:25 PM
When you start Novashell press Alt + Enter to exit fullscreen mode and then open the script in your editor of choice while still running novashell in window mode.
When you have made changes to the script just save the lua file, go to the novashell window and press Ctrl + Shift + R to reinitiate novashell without exiting.

Seth
02-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the reminder, ok, I'll see if I can make the "open and edit" button work in linux.

Also, in addition to mikael's tips, keep in mind when you press OK to close the edit entity dialog box, it automatically reloads the .lua for all entities of that type, so restarting novashell isn't needed for many things.