PDA

View Full Version : How to make my PC faster for gaming?

26FtW26
05-25-2015, 05:11 PM
My PC isn't actually like slow, but I like having things over average ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Things I've done so far:

Change my power settings
Use CCleaner
Change some of my advanced system settings

Brys
05-25-2015, 05:43 PM
Get a Mac ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Conan
05-25-2015, 05:47 PM
My PC isn't actually like slow, but I like having things over average ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Things I've done so far:

Change my power settings
Use CCleaner

Use the classic theme ;) (Disable aero, disable DWM, etc)
One more thing uninstall alot of apps that you dont need
Disable services you dont use
Disable startup programs

Use Razer Cortex for gaming hahahaha

Get a Mac ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The fact that Coco got problems with recording using her mac and asking for a good pc brand that is windows ;)

MAC ISNT FOR GAMING

radusavin366
05-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Get a Mac ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

lololollolololololololol

best joke ever.

Brys
05-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Use the classic theme ;) (Disable aero, disable DWM, etc)
One more thing uninstall alot of apps that you dont need
Disable services you dont use
Disable startup programs

Use Razer Cortex for gaming hahahaha

The fact that Coco got problems with recording using her mac and asking for a good pc brand that is windows ;)

MAC ISNT FOR GAMING
Bruh.
I don't have problems recording. I have a fairly new mac and it'll handle any game.

But hey, I know it's not the best for gaming but atleast I'm not swimming in viruses

Conan
05-25-2015, 05:53 PM
Bruh.
I don't have problems recording. I have a fairly new mac and it'll handle any game.

But hey, I know it's not the best for gaming but atleast I'm not swimming in viruses

Who said mac doesnt have viruses?
You know why windows is the most targeted system for viruses? ITS BECAUSE 90% OF THE WORLD USES WINDOWS

Windows is also the platform with most games since its the most widely used OS in the whole world

Oh even if someone will give me a mac ill just bootcamp it
My friend didnt last OSX and asked me to install windows on his macbook pro lol

+ I didnt say you have problems recording
I experienced using a mac and i rate it 6/10 Because of app support

+ You will never get infected if you are smart enough to know what is infected or not
+ Only stupid people gets infected ;) (Because they click links that are obviously suspicious)

26FtW26
05-25-2015, 06:00 PM
What is Razer Cortex?
I mean, I know what kind of software Razer makes (crap software, that's the kind), but what exactly is Cortex?

LolDawn
05-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Get an Alienware gaming computer *lenny* *too lazy to insert a lenny here*

Conan
05-25-2015, 06:26 PM
What is Razer Cortex?
I mean, I know what kind of software Razer makes (crap software, that's the kind), but what exactly is Cortex?

Well its like a game launcher

It exits explorer, disables all unused apps and services during gameplay. then once you exit the game your computer will be back to normal

(Exiting explorer will be beneficial because it uses a quite bit of the ram)

radusavin366
05-25-2015, 06:26 PM
What is Razer Cortex?

Tell your specs.

It'll help us see what you should upgrade....

26FtW26
05-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Tell your specs.

It'll help us see what you should upgrade....

Where do I find my specs?

radusavin366
05-25-2015, 06:29 PM

Use CPU-Z or just go to your computer's properties.

But anyway, use CPU-Z, it's better.

Zyfen
05-25-2015, 06:48 PM
Download as much as possible viruses.

syrup
05-25-2015, 06:49 PM
open up a game with quad processors be like
https://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/images_maninchair.jpg?w=700&h=297

Conan
05-25-2015, 06:54 PM
open up a game with quad processors be like
https://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/images_maninchair.jpg?w=700&h=297

Multi core processors wont help if the game is not threaded :sweatdrop:

- - - Updated - - -

Windows + r (Run) then type msinfo32
show use the screenshot of System Summary

For the video card go to device manaegr (Control Panel -> Device manager) then click the plus sign beside video adapters then screenshot again

Deimantas Lebedevas
05-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Windows is also the platform with most games since its the most widely used OS in the whole world

That's Not true, it's because most game are build on directX or direct3D, which is also only available only windows(legally), when it's alot slower that openGL which can be used on any os including linux and overall windows open gl is about 100 FPS slower than linux...
its also because big game companies do that, all other companies just copy their style

Deimantas Lebedevas
05-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Pfft, Well I suggest the Windows 8 with an Intel Xeon E5-2609 v3 Six-Core Haswell Processor 1.9GHz 6.4GT/s 15MB LGA 2011-v3 CPU w/ Fan. You COUULD get the Lenovo Server Intel Xeon E5-2407 v2 but its up to you. I use a computer monitor stand which is the 36-Inch LCD Pole. I also have a Black, JIS C 8303 Class I to C13, PSE Approved Power cord. Which is pretty cheap if you know where to look.

My beloved <3

no no no i'd rather take this build: Intel Core i7 3820 3.6Ghz, Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard, Corsair 1600MHZ DDR3 ram (8gb) with water cooling (or fan cooling)
or for amd a 10apu i would choose this: F2A85-V PRO, 8gb ram, water cooling(or fan cooling) and some nvidia/tesla gpu (dont use radeon doe)

bottom setup worked the best for me, those are almost the most powerful combinations

but that might be too much for you, so don't take it in too hard

craft3d
05-25-2015, 10:44 PM
Bruh.

Mac (2015) specs:
CPU:3.3-3.5 GHZ Quad Core i5
RAM:8GB (expandable to 16 and 32 GB, though why?)
GPU: Radeon R9 2GB GDRR5
HDD: 1TB Fusion, HDD, or SSD
Cost: 2000$

A Gaming PC that I built for 2000:http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JfVWLk

$71 more but it is way more worth the money

grapezzzz19
05-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Bruh.

the only reason mac doesnt have viruses (might have, im not sure because im a hardcore windows user) because i heard the mac uses a .dmg files instead of .exe so if there was a .dmg virus then your macs screwed

Deimantas Lebedevas
05-25-2015, 11:09 PM
I was joking didnt you see the spoiler lol you gotta admit that was priceless

i knew that you were joking, but if you want to get good gaming quality you need good hardware of and i forgot the ssds and raid and all that stuff
btw i've got amd a-8 apu, radeon r9 gpu, 8 gb of ddr3, and idk what mobo, and 1 tb hdd, and that stil ain't good enough for gaming, cinematic stuff in cod aw gets completely blurry, space engineers crash alot and so on... probably cuz of radeon gpu....

Brys
05-25-2015, 11:09 PM
Get an Alienware gaming computer *lenny* *too lazy to insert a lenny here*

No, get a razer computer

Deimantas Lebedevas
05-25-2015, 11:11 PM
the only reason mac doesnt have viruses (might have, im not sure because im a hardcore windows user) because i heard the mac uses a .dmg files instead of .exe so if there was a .dmg virus then your macs screwed

.dmg files are pretty demaging doe :D (That's a joke)

- - - Updated - - -

Mac (2015) specs:

are you f***king dumb? i got same setup (even better) for £400, thats around $700-ish

Brys
05-25-2015, 11:16 PM
Who said mac doesnt have viruses?
You know why windows is the most targeted system for viruses? ITS BECAUSE 90% OF THE WORLD USES WINDOWS

Oh even if someone will give me a mac ill just bootcamp it
My friend didnt last OSX and asked me to install windows on his macbook pro lol

+ I didnt say you have problems recording
I experienced using a mac and i rate it 6/10 Because of app support

+ You will never get infected if you are smart enough to know what is infected or not
+ Only stupid people gets infected ;) (Because they click links that are obviously suspicious)
Here let me start with the "+" train

+ I never said they DON'T get viruses
+Mac has a good amount of games provided
+I said I don't have problems recording with
+You can get viruses even if you are smart

So overall, Yes I know the Mac isn't the best for gaming. But everyone says it's crap and I'm trying to say no. The sad thing is you rate it 6/10 because of something like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Mac (2015) specs:

I bought a Macbook Air back in November for Black Friday. I got for $799.

craft3d
05-26-2015, 12:17 AM
.dmg files are pretty demaging doe :D (That's a joke)

- - - Updated - - -

are you f***king dumb? i got same setup (even better) for £400, thats around $700-ish

Macbook Air SUCKS

MACBOOK AND MAC SUCK

Build a PC for cheaper and better, xD

- - - Updated - - -

Here let me start with the "+" train

+ I never said they DON'T get viruses
+Mac has a good amount of games provided
+I said I don't have problems recording with
+You can get viruses even if you are smart

So overall, Yes I know the Mac isn't the best for gaming. But everyone says it's crap and I'm trying to say no. The sad thing is you rate it 6/10 because of something like that?

- - - Updated - - -

I bought a Macbook Air back in November for Black Friday. I got for $799.

Um, is that supposed to make me think? A Macbook should be $600 because it is outrageously overpriced

EDIT: No matter which one you bought, they still are all worse. Tell me which from this site: http://www.macmall.com/n/MacBook-Air/macNavLinks-macNavLinks.221

Flamehound
05-26-2015, 01:42 AM
Mac (2015) specs:

Do you happen to play CSGO? Oh I don't know, maybe the BenQ monitor and the Razer Deathadder are clues?

craft3d
05-26-2015, 02:27 AM
Do you happen to play CSGO? Oh I don't know, maybe the BenQ monitor and the Razer Deathadder are clues?

I play it a lot, why?

Flamehound
05-26-2015, 03:02 AM
I play it a lot, why?

Add ChromeMax. I'm Global Elite.

peck
05-26-2015, 05:47 AM

Pm me your email and i'm going to send you a file to run on your mac. If you say no, you're smart enough to not get viruses on windows.

- - - Updated - - -

i knew that you were joking, but if you want to get good gaming quality you need good hardware of and i forgot the ssds and raid and all that stuff
btw i've got amd a-8 apu, radeon r9 gpu, 8 gb of ddr3, and idk what mobo, and 1 tb hdd, and that stil ain't good enough for gaming, cinematic stuff in cod aw gets completely blurry, space engineers crash alot and so on... probably cuz of radeon gpu....

Get AMD fx series. R9 series is pretty good, not sure what Cod map you're trying to play but it should do fine. Whats your mhz on the Ram?

- - - Updated - - -

Dxdiag.exe on your pc. Install speccy for detailed specs with temperature ratings.

Hacktivate
05-26-2015, 05:49 AM
Give me money and I buy all your suggestions! :cool:

craft3d
05-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Add ChromeMax. I'm Global Elite.

I've already added you.

InstaRabbit
05-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Bruh.

is that a console

Things I've done so far:

Change my power settings
Use CCleaner
Get a better pc :D

Alienware charges you for lights on your pc.
the epilepsy is real

radusavin366
05-27-2015, 11:50 AM
sorry, not giving help to retards

Haha.

The irony......