PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

GummiBear64
05-26-2015, 10:30 AM
omg, the hype was not overhyped.
the Witcher 3 is 10/10 -gamespot confirmed

It actually is a really good game though.
Anyone else getting it?

lukj2001
05-26-2015, 10:33 AM
growtopia pl0x

craft3d
05-26-2015, 01:40 PM
omg, the hype was not overhyped.
the Witcher 3 is 10/10 -gamespot confirmed

It actually is a really good game though.
Anyone else getting it?

Preferably.

Magicalfishy
05-26-2015, 02:06 PM
This is why I'm not picking it up. (http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33771&Title=The%20Witcher%203%3A%20Wild%20Hunt)

What the heck are we as humans trying to promote?

http://likegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/facepalm-gif-31.gif

Remove all that crap and I'm in. Games these days are just filled with this stuff... disgusting.

PolarisHD
05-26-2015, 02:10 PM
This is why I'm not picking it up. (http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33771&Title=The%20Witcher%203%3A%20Wild%20Hunt)

Remove all that crap and I'm in. Games these days are just filled with this stuff... disgusting.

Play Nintendo games. ;)

Anyway, these are just games. Games are used for entertainment purposes only. I believe that they aren't "promoting" the stuff that's in the game. You aren't supposed to do everything you see in the game. You should realize the difference between reality and fiction.

Magicalfishy
05-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Play Nintendo games. ;)

I have:

PS4
PC
Wii U
New 3DS XL
3DS XL
DS Lite
iPad
Phone

So yes, of course I play Nintendo. I rather enjoy the games. :p

And yes, I do realize the line between fiction and reality. But just because it's fiction doesn't make it right. I couldn't find myself to massacre innocents in a game, visit inappropriate places, abuse people, constantly calling others hateful names, etc. There are some things that should not be in video games. Fiction or reality, those things corrupt the human mind with dark thoughts and actions.

PolarisHD
05-26-2015, 02:23 PM

And yes, I do realize the line between fiction and reality. But just because it's fiction doesn't make it right. I couldn't find myself to massacre innocents in a game, visit inappropriate places, abuse people, constantly calling others hateful names, etc. There are some things that should not be in video games. Fiction or reality, those things corrupt the human mind with dark thoughts and actions.

Why not? This is just for personal enjoyment. Sure, they might corrupt the human mind, but as long as you know the boundaries of fiction and reality, it shouldn't be a problem.

Magicalfishy
05-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Why not? This is just for personal enjoyment. Sure, they might corrupt the human mind, but as long as you know the boundaries of fiction and reality, it shouldn't be a problem.

If darkness is a form of entertainment, I want no part in it. Something like that cannot even be justified. That's like saying you stole money to buy someone lunch. I guess it's up to the decision maker... would you rather be good or evil and are you determined to pay the price?

PolarisHD
05-26-2015, 02:39 PM
If darkness is a form of entertainment, I want no part in it. Something like that cannot even be justified. That's like saying you stole money to buy someone lunch. I guess it's up to the decision maker... would you rather be good or evil and are you determined to pay the price?

Remember, entertainment is for your own enjoyment/amusement. Like what I've been saying from my past posts, you shouldn't copy what you see in these kinds of games. You should only use it for your own amusement. However, I agree with your last sentence.

peck
05-26-2015, 03:27 PM
It's a pretty solid game and very available. Tons of sales and comes free with lots of high end GPU's.

GummiBear64
05-26-2015, 09:27 PM

I have:

PS4
PC
Wii U
New 3DS XL
3DS XL
DS Lite
iPad
Phone

There is a very distinct line between fiction and non-fiction, fake and real and if you were to copy everything you see in the former (former being real), you really need to see a doctor.
Only a psychopath would reenact murdering innocents from a video game.

peck
05-27-2015, 02:32 AM
I have:

PS4
PC
Wii U
New 3DS XL
3DS XL
DS Lite
iPad
Phone

So now it's not doing the action that makes it wrong, willingly viewing it is too? What do you think corrupting a mind does? If viewing such things really makes me ill, I think I belong in a mental hospital from all the variety of torchan.

Edwardson97
05-27-2015, 02:38 AM
I have:

PS4
PC
Wii U
New 3DS XL
3DS XL
DS Lite
iPad
Phone

You described GTA V.

GummiBear64
05-27-2015, 06:31 AM
So now it's not doing the action that makes it wrong, willingly viewing it is too? What do you think corrupting a mind does? If viewing such things really makes me ill, I think I belong in a mental hospital from all the variety of torchan.

Most people think that corruption of the mind via video games leads to a deranged psychopath alas that's nowhere near the truth.
The cold truth is video games won't always be sunshines and lollipops, don't like it, don't play it.

Magicalfishy
05-27-2015, 01:05 PM
You described GTA V.

Yup, and I know.

Most people think that corruption of the mind via video games leads to a deranged psychopath alas that's nowhere near the truth.
The cold truth is video games won't always be sunshines and lollipops, don't like it, don't play it.

Gummi, I hate to admit it but you're wrong. My neighbor is living proof of it. However, it's not the video game that causes people to go nuts or anything, it's the player. If they already have a messed up head or corrupted head it will turn for the worse. My neighbor was 11 when he got GTA V, and he begged his mom for weeks until she finall gave up. Ever since he's been playing it he's been EXTREMELY disrespectful towards his parents, and even to his brother. He's become more violent because of it too. He whips people, he shoots his brother and dad with his brother's air-soft gun, and even his speech can be somewhat violent. He's even claimed he would do whatever it takes to get a Lamborghini, even KILL someone.

You said, and I quote "willingly viewing it." You don't even have to say the rest, you already answered your question. I personally don't want to see an old pervert make love to young women. Personally, I don't want to see anyone make love to anyone. The monster hunting sounds extremely fun, and I'd love to see that side of the game. However, I wouldn't even want to support a developer who supports such philosophies. There are some things you just shouldn't put in games. You are just making the human mind used to these things, so when it happens in real life you will just be like "oh, whatever." FICTION OR NOT, do what is right.

So ur saying most anime are bad

If you were targeting that question to me, yes.

lukj2001
05-27-2015, 01:06 PM
So ur saying most anime are bad

GummiBear64
05-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Gummi, I hate to admit it but you're wrong. My neighbor is living proof of it. However, it's not the video game that causes people to go nuts or anything, it's the player. If they already have a messed up head or corrupted head it will turn for the worse. My neighbor was 11 when he got GTA V, and he begged his mom for weeks until she finall gave up. Ever since he's been playing it he's been EXTREMELY disrespectful towards his parents, and even to his brother. He's become more violent because of it too. He whips people, he shoots his brother and dad with his brother's air-soft gun, and even his speech can be somewhat violent. He's even claimed he would do whatever it takes to get a Lamborghini, even KILL someone.

Eleven year old playing an R 18 game. What's the problem?
They have an age restriction for a reason.
Your brain needs to be somewhat corrupted prior to the video game. Video games can't be blamed for corruption as it's the players fair. Not everyone has a corrupted brain though therefore video games aren't to be blamed, just the operator for thinking it will be cool to reenact scenes from the game.

GummiBear64
05-30-2015, 02:41 AM
This game is actually good!

Hans
05-30-2015, 05:38 AM
This little argument reminds me of my GTAs. Sadistically laughing while just shooting people when I was 9. All though, when my mom saw me. She deleted GTA in PC and PSP.

But I didn't give up. Months ago, I decided to borrow the PS3 of my friend, played GTA V, and reminded me of all the good times (not for them) I had.

Well, it didn't actually "corrupt" me, since I always had these kind of thoughts in my head, I wouldn't mind. I just find it enjoying, actually. I know killing's wrong and all, but if you get really addicted, somehow, it's like going through a maze that's pitch black. Find your way out, then your out. So struggle all you want. I just accepted what I became, not by GTA. The only thing is, GTA somewhat activated this so called thing being "sadistic".

But I wouldn't kill, would I? That's absurd and wrong in everyways. Even if it's for the good, it's still MURDER, which is absolute stupidity.

craft3d
05-30-2015, 05:41 AM
So how did a Witcher 3 thread turn into a pep talk about GTA?

Hans
05-30-2015, 06:00 AM
You said, and I quote "willingly viewing it." You don't even have to say the rest, you already answered your question. I personally don't want to see an old pervert make love to young women. Personally, I don't want to see anyone make love to anyone. The monster hunting sounds extremely fun, and I'd love to see that side of the game. However, I wouldn't even want to support a developer who supports such philosophies. There are some things you just shouldn't put in games. You are just making the human mind used to these things, so when it happens in real life you will just be like "oh, whatever." FICTION OR NOT, do what is right.

Uhhh, MagicalFishy, it's not that I actually disagree with you, but, if you could actually keep the darkness within your mind, I think playing a game and releasing some once in a while, actually isn't okay, but if you can't it's still your decision so it's neutral in a way. Like you said, fiction or not (game or not) do what's right. BUT, if the game is all about killing, that thing you said back there, would NOT APPLY, especially for an 11 year old child.

That 11 year old child you mentioned back there, was a living proof if you were that unreasonable to see the other side of my understanding. The game's about killing and all, whaddaya expect? He'll go happy-go-lucky the whole day? I mean, it's GTA V!

He wanted the game, so he should unreasonably accept what he became, and conceal it deep inside his heart. Those deep, dark desires he wants to unleash. Of course, if he did, he should actually be prepared of the consequences.

The mind reacts to what you see, you burn it in your mind, then it becomes a memory. It is up to you to actually use it for yourself, or keep it as a memory. But ofcourse, the kid thinks it's right so he does it, which basically means he thinks that he's that tough to be the "character". Welcome to his fantasy land, yipee.

It's not actually the game's fault, it's the player, himself. I'm not saying the game didn't do anything to make the results like this. I'm just saying the game is supposed to be a game. It's for your leisure and enjoyment to play, not your old fantasy world where your the hero. But that kid thinks it's his fantasy world, which isn't actually pathetic, but you get my point.

MagicalFishy, I agree to what you all said. About seperating reality to fantasy. BUT, you're blaming the game for being a game. I don't agree with that. That's why we have R-18, or R-13+.

I sound like a hypocrite, because I was once like that kid. Well, not actually like that, I was barely able to conceal everything I thought, I was happy enough to be actually sadistic. But I'm not like that kid of your's.

- - - Updated - - -

So how did a Witcher 3 thread turn into a pep talk about GTA?

Beats me, I'm just sharing opinions like them.

ari458
05-30-2015, 08:34 AM
I already have it and its amazing af 6/6

- - - Updated - - -

Its a 18+ game. Ofc you shouldnt be playing it. Go play tetris 3+ max.

GummiBear64
05-30-2015, 11:40 AM

I am up to the second area.

Magicalfishy
05-31-2015, 12:45 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Its a 18+ game. Ofc you shouldnt be playing it. Go play tetris 3+ max.

No offense but I'm older than you are. :sweatdrop:

Maybe I don't want to see sexually immoral things. Maybe I would like my mind to stay clean and innocent.

Uhhh, MagicalFishy, it's not that I actually disagree with you, but, if you could actually keep the darkness within your mind, I think playing a game and releasing some once in a while, actually isn't okay, but if you can't it's still your decision so it's neutral in a way. Like you said, fiction or not (game or not) do what's right. BUT, if the game is all about killing, that thing you said back there, would NOT APPLY, especially for an 11 year old child.

That 11 year old child you mentioned back there, was a living proof if you were that unreasonable to see the other side of my understanding. The game's about killing and all, whaddaya expect? He'll go happy-go-lucky the whole day? I mean, it's GTA V!

He wanted the game, so he should unreasonably accept what he became, and conceal it deep inside his heart. Those deep, dark desires he wants to unleash. Of course, if he did, he should actually be prepared of the consequences.

The mind reacts to what you see, you burn it in your mind, then it becomes a memory. It is up to you to actually use it for yourself, or keep it as a memory. But ofcourse, the kid thinks it's right so he does it, which basically means he thinks that he's that tough to be the "character". Welcome to his fantasy land, yipee.

It's not actually the game's fault, it's the player, himself. I'm not saying the game didn't do anything to make the results like this. I'm just saying the game is supposed to be a game. It's for your leisure and enjoyment to play, not your old fantasy world where your the hero. But that kid thinks it's his fantasy world, which isn't actually pathetic, but you get my point.

MagicalFishy, I agree to what you all said. About seperating reality to fantasy. BUT, you're blaming the game for being a game. I don't agree with that. That's why we have R-18, or R-13+.

I sound like a hypocrite, because I was once like that kid. Well, not actually like that, I was barely able to conceal everything I thought, I was happy enough to be actually sadistic. But I'm not like that kid of your's.

- - - Updated - - -

Beats me, I'm just sharing opinions like them.

I totally agree. It's the player, not the game. However, I believe the developers shouldn't be inserting inappropriate content on the side...

GummiBear64
05-31-2015, 12:50 AM
No offense but I'm older than you are. :sweatdrop:

Maybe I don't want to see sexually immoral things. Maybe I would like my mind to stay clean and innocent.

I totally agree. It's the player, not the game. However, I believe the developers shouldn't be inserting inappropriate content on the side...

It's their game, they can put whatever they want on their game.
just my opinion

GummiBear64
06-01-2015, 01:19 AM
It's really hard to level up. :sweatdrop: